Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Great Exhibit at Museum of Fine Arts Houston
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.11.2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
For those in Houston or near it, or who may be traveling here.

http://www.mfah.org/news/pressreleas...its-aftermath/

If you get the chance, please go see the MFAH exhibit "War Photography." It contains every iconic image, and is just amazing. This is not an exhibit to while away your afternoon, or to give you light entertainment. It is harsh, exhaustive, meticulously curated, and above all, deeply moving.
In a world where easy access to media has made everyone numb to images of war, and the horrors and pain of war, this exhibit will make you think again.
It is not for children, although it presents a great learning opportunity for teenagers who may not yet grasp the enormity of human conflict throughout recent history.
Photography has documented wars since the Civil War.
I wish we could force those in power who think of war as a tool, as a means to an end, to spend a few hours with this exhibit. Treating war as anything other than a very last resort is something humans need to change.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth