Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.02.2016, 04:53 AM   #3661
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Gambino dropped a P-Funk lite album..?
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2016, 08:57 AM   #3662
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
so a supposed "genius" (laughable) raps about getting asshole bleach on his shirt when he is out cheating on his wife and how she is gonna kill him. Yeah. Kim is Kanye's beard and y'all know it. Staying in the closet in the face of all that media attention will drive anyone to "exhaustion/dehydration."

You know it's true....
Old 12.02.2016, 08:57 AM   #3663
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
didn;t dr. dre drop like several p-funk-lite albums in the 90's? the chronic? hahahahah dr. dre sucks. I HATE that shit.
Old 12.02.2016, 11:07 AM   #3664
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Will Toledo (Car Seat Headrest) on Kanye’s Most Repulsive (and Amazing) Album:

http://thetalkhouse.com/will-toledo-...pulsive-album/
Old 12.02.2016, 11:51 AM   #3665
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Will Toledo (Car Seat Headrest) on Kanye’s Most Repulsive (and Amazing) Album:

http://thetalkhouse.com/will-toledo-...pulsive-album/

FUCKER! I was just about to post this!

This is an *awesome* review. I have more respect for that little indie wunderkind than I did before.

He REALLY nails some of the most powerful elements of the record. This might be the best review I've read of the album yet, and just reading it makes the album play in my head.

Album of the Year, easiest victory in ages.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2016, 12:02 PM   #3666
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Seat Headrest's Will Toledo on TLOP
The Life of Pablo is a repulsive album. This is obvious to anyone who listens to it, and must be acknowledged at the start of any discussion of it... It’s also one of the best albums I’ve heard in a long time — and one of the most beautiful. It’s very strange. ...

How does this album seduce? What is its power of attraction? In concrete musical terms, TLOP’s transitions most compel me. I might go into it intending only to listen to “Ultralight Beam,” but the experience of listening to that song feels incomplete until I hear the opening strains of "Father Stretch My Hands Part 1" ...
“You’re the only power/You’re the only power that can—” The phrase cuts off and loops, never finishing its thought; the chord progression ascends over and over, with no root chord in sight. Then, suddenly, we’re on to the Future sample and fully into “Part 1,” a song that is, of course, incomplete without “Part 2.” Then “Famous” comes on, and somehow feels like a summation of all that came before it...
I can turn the record off after “Famous” — “Feedback” isn’t my favorite — but I can’t do “I Love Kanye” without “Waves” or without “FML” or without “Wolves” or without everything through “No More Parties in L.A.” Everything on this album is interconnected to such a high degree that it’s impossible to pull any single track off of it to explain its potency. This effect is not simply a byproduct of the artistic vision that guided this album’s creation — it serves as a large part of the artistic vision itself.

I actually disagree that there's not a single song that can be used to exemplify the album as a whole. In fact, I think several of the songs can. And the one I'd choose is the one that Mr. Toledo (look at me, calling him "Mr." like he's not 12! lol!) ignores completely, and that's "Real Friends."

"Real Friends" was the perfect lead-in to the mind-and-emotion-fuck that is this album, and it's possibly the least controversial track. It's the most consistent, the most "traditional." But within the conversational lyrics, snow flurries of melody and startlingly poignant verses, there is a microcosm of Pablo's multitudes. A man and his ego, a man and his guilt and humility, a man and his pride, laid bare without gimmick or schtick. If Pablo were to be condensed down into one song, all of its extreme highs and lows leveled out, and offered up in a palatable single-serving version, that song would be "Real Friends."

Quote:
Kanye is one of those artists whose works always serve as a mirror image of themselves, whose goal is to carve their own likeness as many times as possible, as accurately as possible, in as many angles as possible. This means he’s not simply singing about himself on his albums; the albums are him — a perfected version of himself, an ideal embodied in a body of work. All of Kanye’s actions are done in service of his art; all of his art is made to gratify himself. When we apply this symbiotic relationship to The Life of Pablo, reading its faults and fascinations in tandem with his actions during the album’s release cycle, we come to understand both his fractured persona and this chaotic “gospel album” more fully.

Kanye is the modern sinner, broken by sin, held together by the grace of God. He is Saul/the Apostle Paul in the process of conversion, always with scales falling from his eyes, always with new ones forming in their place. ...

What Kanye understands, what he was recently trying to convey through a somewhat muddled series of speeches on Donald Trump, is that there is no sin too great to be forgiven, no act so heinous as to make the man intolerable, either in the eyes of God or ultimately of the public. The Life of Pablo thus shines in its heinousness. The album encompasses simultaneously the contemplation of the crime, the crime itself, the repentance of the crime, and the granting of forgiveness. It would be a thoroughly despicable exercise, except for the fact that we do forgive it; we do see the beauty in it. ...

A human being is a repulsive creature, too, when broken down into parts. It is only upon glimpsing the whole that beauty can be found. Most of the time, we see a man’s faults, not his heart. The heart is likewise hidden on The Life of Pablo underneath a facade of faults, yet it shines through at the most unexpected moments.

Word, little indie guy. Word.
Old 12.02.2016, 12:10 PM   #3667
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
so a supposed "genius" (laughable) raps about getting asshole bleach on his shirt when he is out cheating on his wife and how she is gonna kill him. Yeah. Kim is Kanye's beard and y'all know it. Staying in the closet in the face of all that media attention will drive anyone to "exhaustion/dehydration."

You know it's true....

That's all you've got? Really Rob. Even most of Kanye's haters know and acknowledge that he's absurdly talented. You're making fun of him for a lyric above his wife killing him? Or because you think he's gay?

Lame.
Old 12.02.2016, 12:16 PM   #3668
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Cole mocks Kanye for calling himself a genius (which he actually is) yet thinks of himself as extremely intelligent just because he got a college degree.

To Cole's credit, he also appears to mock Drake.

But yeah, this is disappointing. Cole made two albums of some of the most blatant "Kanye-lite" music this side of Drake, and then he made one album that almost sounded as though he'd found a voice of his own.

Now he's making fun of a guy for falling apart THE DAY AFTER said person leaves the hospital for psychiatric issues?

That's the opposite, no, the antithesis of "wokefulness."

Guess he's just another bitch ass rapper with a couple good songs and a bunch of songs that sound like any/every other rapper out there, looking to make a mark.

Kanye's musical legacy is forged in steel. Nine critical and commercial triumphs, buckets of awards and accolades, an entire industry basing itself on every little move he makes. Lord, how will Kanye West EVER survive such harsh scrutiny from Fro-guy McCookiecutter?
Old 12.02.2016, 01:59 PM   #3669
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
That's all you've got? Really Rob. Even most of Kanye's haters know and acknowledge that he's absurdly talented. You're making fun of him for a lyric above his wife killing him? Or because you think he's gay?

Lame.

neither.

I was making an accurate statement about people that have to hide their true selves and how it leads to mental breakdowns, suicide, and self-harm..
Old 12.03.2016, 12:03 AM   #3670
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
neither.

Well, ok... but also bullshit because of corse you both insinuated that he was gay (who cares either way?) and joked about him saying his wife was going to kill him. So.. you say "neither," I say "both."

Lame.

Quote:
I was making an accurate statement about people that have to hide their true selves and how it leads to mental breakdowns, suicide, and self-harm..

Maybe it's "accurate" in the sense that some people do this, but it's by no means an "accurate" statement about the situation or person you're discussing. How in the hell would you know what is and isn't accurate or truthful regarding Kanye West's "true self?"

You wouldn't, and couldn't. How could you? How would you?

Backpeddle if you like, and pretend that you were making some socially conscious statement about mental health, but you were taking shit with every intention of being insulting and crude. At least own your jackass comments instead of hiding behind some cooked up explanation.

You don't like — possibly outright hate — Kanye West, and that's all that's going on here.

Who are you to say who Kanye's "true self" is? Why would you even get close to making assertions about what he is or isn't? You don't even listen to his music. For all you know, the guy who says he's a genius really does think he's a genius (with good reason).

You think he's fat, you think his teeth are too big, you don't like various aspects of his personal life — which are of no consequence to the discussion of his purported genius — and that's pretty much it. This is basically the definition of a hater.
Old 12.03.2016, 12:18 AM   #3671
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I dont get expending energy on talking about shit you dont like. I like when we talk about what we do like.
Old 12.03.2016, 01:09 AM   #3672
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
to be honest every time I post here in SYG I see a ludicrous rain forest wall paper in the background with fruit trees. like the kind they make you look at the dentist office. it just looks pretty. I don't really pay any attention to it. I see this kinda shit behind everyone on a daily basis. and it's not just a rain forest wall paper. it's something completely wrong with them. it's makes my nose and eye twitch. I just shut it out as whatever everyday. because it's normal. It feels normal.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2016, 03:18 AM   #3673
louder
invito al cielo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNgjtqdB...n-by=questlove

So Questlove is REALLY feeling the Gambino album.. so much that he woke D'Angelo up at 4am to listen to it. Haha!
Old 12.03.2016, 10:31 AM   #3674
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
not really feeling it.
Old 12.03.2016, 11:24 AM   #3675
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I dont get expending energy on talking about shit you dont like. I like when we talk about what we do like.

Neither do I. I do value being able to say "hey, thats fuckin' bullshit!" ... but what I don't understand is how people can dislike the look, feel, or idea of a fucking musician so much that they pour energy into insults... not insults to the music (which they don't listen to because they don't "like" the person they've never met who makes it), but insults based on every other thing about that person.

I could talk for years (as a few of you have basically seen me do) about the albums I love. But the albums I don't like I just don't listen to or talk about.
I do mention wanting to punch Drake in the face a lot, but that's almost part of my identity at this point. And even though I strongly dislike the way Drake acts and looks and talks and the things he says, I can still nod my head to some of his songs and acknowledge his ability to make earworms. I don't give a shit about who he's dating or how big his teeth are or whether he's hiding his "true self" or not.

How in the hell can you be so strongly against someone you don't know who's music you don't listen to? Fucking boggles my mind. What a waste of time.
Old 12.03.2016, 11:28 AM   #3676
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
not really feeling it.

Yeah same here actually.
Old 12.03.2016, 11:29 AM   #3677
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Neither do I. I do value being able to say "hey, thats fuckin' bullshit!" ... but what I don't understand is how people can dislike the look, feel, or idea of a fucking musician so much that they pour energy into insults... not insults to the music (which they don't listen to because they don't "like" the person they've never met who makes it), but insults based on every other thing about that person.

Then again, Rob does hail from the Instigator line.
Old 12.03.2016, 11:36 AM   #3678
Severian
invito al cielo

Hey Chance is making an album. Like.. an album album. One that will no doubt be digital, free/free-ish, and made without signing to a label. So... 'nother mixtape... but not a mixtape mixtape. Big news.
Old 12.03.2016, 12:00 PM   #3679
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Yeah same here actually.

I've only heard two songs. one has a cool early P-Funk Funkadelic vibe. production kicks ass. so, I really dig that one but, it's still just "ok".
Old 12.03.2016, 01:13 PM   #3680
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I've only heard two songs. one has a cool early P-Funk Funkadelic vibe. production kicks ass. so, I really dig that one but, it's still just "ok".

I listened to a few tracks. Not the whole thing. Yeah, production was tight. But I just wasn't into it. It made me think of P-funk one minute, James Brown the next, then, like, Aerosmith or some shit. It wasn't working for me.
134174181182183 184 185186187194 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth