Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VIII
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.04.2019, 08:14 PM   #81
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Eve subbed at Kanye too much. Still liked the album but Jesus.

Nervous about the new Kanye, kinda hope it doesn’t happen. Most people I know still associate him with Trump, the big fucking idiot, and “Jesus is King” is a dumbass basic bitch name for an album.

Meh.

New Danny Brown is going to slay though.

New Thug was decent
Yeah, Danny is my most anticipated atm. Q-Tip exec production with Paul White (his frequent collaborator), Flying Lotus, JPEGMAFIA and Standing on the Corner (the dudes from Earl's Some Rap Songs album) beats, goddamn.

Atrocity Exhibition is a masterpiece. Took me a while to warm up to it. Belongs in the top 10 rap albums of the decade.

I'm sure that I'll like whatever Kanye puts out though.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2019, 07:04 AM   #82
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Yeah, Danny is my most anticipated atm. Q-Tip exec production with Paul White (his frequent collaborator), Flying Lotus, JPEGMAFIA and Standing on the Corner (the dudes from Earl's Some Rap Songs album) beats, goddamn.

Atrocity Exhibition is a masterpiece. Took me a while to warm up to it. Belongs in the top 10 rap albums of the decade.

I'm sure that I'll like whatever Kanye puts out though.

Lol, yeah man I know all of this. Parantheticals not needed.

Believe it or not, I’ve managed to pay attention in your absence. Hah.

Hey, what do you think of Slauson Malone’s “A Quiet Farwell”?
Goddamn great is what it is.

New Kanye has me fucking NERVOUS. Feel like I’m pretty goddamn close to no longer being an active fan, and only paying attention to the back catalogue.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2019, 10:39 AM   #83
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Lol, yeah man I know all of this. Parantheticals not needed.

Believe it or not, I’ve managed to pay attention in your absence. Hah.

Hey, what do you think of Slauson Malone’s “A Quiet Farwell”?
Goddamn great is what it is.

New Kanye has me fucking NERVOUS. Feel like I’m pretty goddamn close to no longer being an active fan, and only paying attention to the back catalogue.
Didn't hear it yet, been planning to.. I know he's a member of SLUMS. Another one of their guys, who goes by the name "Maxo", put out a really solid album earlier this year.

I kind of suspect that this Jesus shit will just be studio renditions of his Sunday Service performances, so I don't expect it to be a "rapping" album.. hopefully he follows up with whatever Yandhi/"Yeezus 2" was supposed to be shortly after. I really wanna hear Timbaland's involvement on that type of album.
Old 09.08.2019, 09:02 AM   #84
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Didn't hear it yet, been planning to.. I know he's a member of SLUMS. Another one of their guys, who goes by the name "Maxo", put out a really solid album earlier this year.

I kind of suspect that this Jesus shit will just be studio renditions of his Sunday Service performances, so I don't expect it to be a "rapping" album.. hopefully he follows up with whatever Yandhi/"Yeezus 2" was supposed to be shortly after. I really wanna hear Timbaland's involvement on that type of album.

Team Kanye Daily insists it’s not a SS album, but what do they know.
Also hearing another album is out November something, but that always happens, right?

Honestly, I’m not even sold on the album being real yet. Kanye hasn’t said shit, which is out of character.

I’ll believe it when I hear it and I’ll stop worrying when it doesn’t suck. No sooner.
Old 10.19.2019, 07:10 PM   #85
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Play Ball

I was across 59 last night for the Legendary Pink Dot show. People everywhere, big street watching party’s with taco grills fired up, giant size screens set up for street viewing......it was a crazy scene and last nights game was in New York. I know it’s crazier down there tonight!!!!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2019, 02:01 PM   #86
Severian
invito al cielo

So....

Kanye never dropped and I’m tired of hearing from him/about him.

New Frank Ocean track is AMAZING

New Danny Brown album is AMAZING

Weird year.
Old 10.20.2019, 04:59 PM   #87
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Isn't that the same as usual? Kanye late, Frank and Danny releasing solid gold?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2019, 08:36 PM   #88
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Isn't that the same as usual? Kanye late, Frank and Danny releasing solid gold?

Yeah but lemme ask you this:

Is it “usual” for me, Severian, to be properly sick of hearing and thinking about Kanye right as he’s *allegedly* preparing to release an album?

I mean the man’s catalogue from 2004-2016 is near perfect, but he has utterly lost me with all this pro-Trump, evangelical born-again Christian, album delayin’ ass motherfucking SHIT.

And TLOP technically arrived on time, even though it went through three names and several *expected* release dates for like a year before that. Once he said “It’s dropping in February,” it did, even if it was just in Tidal for a while. And it was great.

Then Trump happened, and we’re lucky we got five decent songs out of him since.

Motherfucker needs to retire. Sick of his shit.

Danny did drop gold though, and Frank’s single is RIDICULOUSLY good.
Old 10.21.2019, 08:47 AM   #89
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Kanye West considered quitting rap because “it’s the devil’s music,” his pastor says.

In a new interview with Christian media organisation Apologia, pastor Adam Tyson reveals that, after being “saved” by Christianity, Kanye considered quitting rap music altogether.

“One time, he told me that he wasn’t going to rap,” Tyson said. “I said, ‘Why not?'” to which Kanye replied: “‘That’s the devil’s music.’ I said, ‘Hey, man. Rap is a genre. You can rap for God.’

“I definitely said, ‘Hey, bro. I think you need to use your talents that God’s given you and use that platform for God.'”

Swear Kanye says shit that just makes him come across as incredibly thick.

Old 10.21.2019, 08:49 AM   #90
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah but lemme ask you this:

Is it “usual” for me, Severian, to be properly sick of hearing and thinking about Kanye right as he’s *allegedly* preparing to release an album?

I mean the man’s catalogue from 2004-2016 is near perfect, but he has utterly lost me with all this pro-Trump, evangelical born-again Christian, album delayin’ ass motherfucking SHIT.

And TLOP technically arrived on time, even though it went through three names and several *expected* release dates for like a year before that. Once he said “It’s dropping in February,” it did, even if it was just in Tidal for a while. And it was great.

Then Trump happened, and we’re lucky we got five decent songs out of him since.

Motherfucker needs to retire. Sick of his shit.

Danny did drop gold though, and Frank’s single is RIDICULOUSLY good.

I'm inclined to agree. Then again, it's probably like a lot band/artists who ha e suddenly discovered god. They usually quietly drop it after a year. Bob Dylan being the best example.

Old 10.24.2019, 07:47 PM   #91
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree. Then again, it's probably like a lot band/artists who ha e suddenly discovered god. They usually quietly drop it after a year. Bob Dylan being the best example.

I was thinking of Dylan.

But... much as I love Kanye’s music, he’s no Dylan.

Oh well.

I pre-ordered the goddamn album.

HONESTLY, I’d basically be cool with whatever and chalk every future crazy decision up to being a master craftsman resting on his laurels after leaving no world unconquered IF NOT FOR THE TRUMP STUFF, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
Old 10.25.2019, 08:32 AM   #92
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kanye interview.

he used to tell you what hennesy did for him and now he is telling us what jesus did.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...232837944.html
Old 10.25.2019, 08:35 AM   #93
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kanye is such a dumb-ass. High caliber dumb ass. always has been.

Quote:
West and Lowe's conversation veered in and out of politics throughout their time together.

"I told my wife, 'Jesus Is King is coming. There's going to be a lot of attacks... spiritual warfare," he shared.

"Give me some other examples where someone is saying something that isn’t what you're culturally supposed to say? ... Give me an example where someone is saying what you're not supposed to say. I bet there's only one name you can think of," West asked Lowe, laughing, "You don’t want to say it, do you liberal?"

The "Christian innovator," as West calls himself now, was referring to President Trump.

"I owe nobody nothing. My forefathers have already fought the fight, so it's not a fight when I put the [MAGA] hat on. It's simply my opinion, and it's next subject," he told Lowe. But the subject went back to the MAGA hat a couple more times.

"Now, liberals love art, right?" West said. "And now I am unquestionably, undoubtedly, the greatest human artist of all time. It’s not even a question at this point. It’s just a fact. So for the greatest artist in human existence to put a red hat on was like God’s practical joke to all liberals. Like, 'Nooo, not Kanye!'"

He later added, "I feel another thing related to me wearing the hat that liberals love to do is say, 'Oh this relates to mental health. His story is mental health.' My wife would go places and people would be like, 'Is Ye okay? Is he okay?' Like, Kobe Bryant has won five championships and he's got a lot of injuries. His story isn't pulling an achilles and every story after that how he pulled an achilles."
Old 10.25.2019, 10:41 AM   #94
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Yeaahhhhh....

He's getting worse isn't he?

Old 10.26.2019, 01:08 PM   #95
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeaahhhhh....

I was hating on my first few listens, but then I started loving it.
Old 10.26.2019, 01:35 PM   #96
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I was hating on my first few listens, but then I started loving it.

The new album?

It’s some great beats over some Christian nonsense with terrible lyrics

WHAT IF EVE MADE APPLE JUICE

important questions bro.

What the godforsaken fuck Kanye.

Retire.
Old 10.26.2019, 01:37 PM   #97
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeaahhhhh....

Uhm yes, so so so much worse

I don’t even know what’s happening

I still have some emotional gut reactions to his production even on this new album, but the guy is either batshit nuts or he’s just a con artist, because this is fake Christianity at best and supporting Donald Trump is the least Christian thing anyone could possibly do.

That line about “not leading you to Visas” but “leading y’all to Jesus” is fucking MINDBLOWINGLY insensitive and stupid.

What a fucking moron.
Old 10.26.2019, 02:42 PM   #98
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
The new album?

It’s some great beats over some Christian nonsense with terrible lyrics

WHAT IF EVE MADE APPLE JUICE

important questions bro.

What the godforsaken fuck Kanye.

Retire.
I just ignore the lyrics and focus on the production and vocals. From that standpoint, the album is better than most new shit out there.
Old 10.27.2019, 03:21 AM   #99
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I just ignore the lyrics and focus on the production and vocals. From that standpoint, the album is better than most new shit out there.
is the production even good though....? this is mixed like utter shit, like I was shocked by how appalling it sounds, thin and everything is totally separate from one another/playing at different distances, and not in an auteurist/interesting way, just amateurish. and the beats sound like boring, hollow facsimiles of shit he was doing 3 albums back without any changes or energy OR they're just crap floating sub-alt r&b pisstakes.

at least ye was interesting in that it was crap, sure, but there was a candour to it that was really enlightening as to how much of a contradictory nightmare he is and there at least seemed to be a narrative (intentional or otherwise) that put emphasis on different parts of his persona. this meanwhile is the most disingenuous, sodden fucking wet towel of a record I've ever heard, and how anyone could see any religious profundity in it must surely be in a cult.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2019, 09:06 AM   #100
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Man, I’m sorry but there are certain buttons you can’t unpush.
Kanye — on live television — said democrats want to separate black fathers from families and put people on welfare. Now he’s praising the lord with lyrics about his own dumb ass and how he HAS to charge a fortune for SHOES because he CAN’T LET HIS FAMILY STARVE!
And he’s not gonna help anyone get a Visa, but if you get mad at him for preaching about Jesus, that’s ON GOD or whatever the fuck.
And “what if eve made apple juice?”
And yeah, there are some truly uplifting moments on the thing, but here’s the reality of the situation:
THE MAN IS A DANGEROUS, DELUDED, MALIGNANT NARCISSIST.

This isn’t even proper praise music. It’s still Kanye talking about fuckin’ Kanye and why people are wrong for not approving everything he does.

And people are still smiling and telling him it’s all brilliant, and he’s just getting worse.

I’m at the point where I can’t even Fucking deal anymore man. I really cannot, in good conscience, support this moron anymore.

He seems determined to make everyone whose ever been a fan THOROUGHLY regret that decision, no matter who you are or where you stand on whatever he’s going on about, he’s an embarrassment to all of us.

It’s mind blowing how TEENAGERS on twitter are actually using Kanye’s backwards ass reasoning to defend Trump.

This is not what I signed up for. I want to punch the smile off his face sometimes. Fucking idiot.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth