Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page nine inch nails with thurston moore
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.25.2009, 07:22 PM   #21
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
well it doesn't really work after I admit to it.

my extensive list of truths and half-truths was causing too much collateral damage and I had to abort.

I'll catch you next time, secret squirrel.

Likewise me, Morocco Mole!

Thread saved.
Old 06.25.2009, 07:28 PM   #22
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
too much rep you deserve, more then i cn give, in the meanwhie help your self to more stock
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 08:17 PM   #23
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Nine Inch Nails would be awesome if not for Trent Reznor's singing/lyrics.

He should just write music and have someone truly intelligent sing/write all the lyrics. Listen to the Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway soundtracks and you'll agree.

The Downward Spiral would be a masterpiece if not for stuff like:

"Nothing can stop me now/'Cuz I don't care anymore" - "Piggy"
"God is dead/And no one cares/If there is a hell/I'll see you there"- "Heresy"
"Take the skin and peel it back/Doesn't it make you feel better?"- "March of the Pigs"
"I want to fuck you like an animal/My whole existance is flawed/You get me closer to God" - I shouldn't have to tell anyone what song this is
"The ruiner's a collector/He's an infector/Serving shit to his flies" - "Ruiner"
"I want to be everywhere/I want to be to know everything/I want to fuck everyone in the world/I want to do something that matters" - "I Do Not Want This"
"I'm big man (yes I am)/And I've got a big gun/Got me a big 'ol dick/And I like to have fun" - "Big Man With A Gun"
"Oh my beautiful liar/Oh my precious whore/My disease, my infection/I am so impure" - "Reptile"
"I wear this crown of shit/Upon my liar's chair/Full of broken thoughts/I cannot repair" - I shouldn't have to tell anyone what song this is either

As for the whole NIN vs. Skinny Puppy thing, I used to be on floatingslowly's boat, but now I don't really care anymore. Sure, SP probably deserve more credit for introducing goth overtones to industrial music, but at the end of the day I like both bands, and I don't think Skinny Puppy themselves really care either.

Reznor's got an alright voice but I really do agree about the lyrics. He needs Bernie Taupin or whatever that dude's name is!
Yeah I don't think Puppy cares either considering they've worked with Trent on projects before. (I think)
Old 06.26.2009, 02:55 AM   #24
nancykitten
children of satan

nancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's asses
Kinda Like A Cloud I Was Up, Way Up In The Sky.

nancykitten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 07:07 AM   #25
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
I would say Trent Reznor is the most important rock/pop musician to emerge within the last 20 years. More than anyone, I think he changed what people are listening to.
Old 06.26.2009, 07:16 AM   #26
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
i dont know much of his music as i always thought it was so mediocore
i could never get into that epic kinda metal or wathever music..

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2009, 08:18 AM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
If it wasn't for Adrian Sherwood, the world might have been spared this fuckery.

He's also done SP, PWEI and the Woodentops. Let's not inculcate the mighty Sherwood in your self-abasement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth