Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY in Ferrara
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2007, 05:00 AM   #1
kling klang
empty page

kling klang has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Anyone from Italy on this board that is familiar with Ferrara? I'm planning to come with my car from Croatia so if anyone can recommend where to park? How big is the city?
kling klang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 05:06 AM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I'd recommend to park somewhere near the train station (guess it's quite easy to find) and like 1.5 km from the square where the gig will take place. Furthermore, it's really wasy to get there on foot from the station, here's a little map:

just "imagine" getting out from the station, you have simply to turn left and follow the "main road" till you see a castle, than go round the castle till you get to the festival entrance it's really easy. Btw, Ferrara is a lovely city, the city center not big at all, good for a walk around before getting in line to enter.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 06:17 AM   #3
kling klang
empty page

[quote=nicfit]I'd recommend to park somewhere near the train station ...quote]

thanks a lot; we've been planning our arrival around 6 PM, is it early enough to get the tickets and go for a litle siteseeing?
Old 07.02.2007, 06:23 AM   #4
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kling klang
thanks a lot; we've been planning our arrival around 6 PM, is it early enough to get the tickets and go for a litle siteseeing?
I'm not sure about the "opening gates" time, but if youre not concerned about being in the very first row in the audience I think you should have a bit of spare time to walk around the area. OR, considering the gig won't end too much late, you could consider a night walk around the city (maybe stalking SY when they'll go eat something in some nice local restaurant).
If you have a credit card you can "reserve" your tickets to be picked up at the venue here:
http://www.ticketone.it/chooseProduc...VANW2007SY0706
just to make sure you won't travel for nothing
Old 07.04.2007, 08:08 AM   #5
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
- 2 days!!!!!!!

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 06:01 AM   #6
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Have a great time this evening, guys.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 09:26 AM   #7
gnombyX
empty page

gnombyX has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i've been to Torino Show last night.

Have fun Ferrara guys!
gnombyX is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 10:22 AM   #8
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
uff, for a split of a second i thought i was replying to this thread and not remeber it. weird.

now I am.

how was torino?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 01:09 PM   #9
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
uff, for a split of a second i thought i was replying to this thread and not remeber it. weird.
jeez, you fooled me as well. Thought you were replying to yourself

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 09:42 PM   #10
diamondsea
little trouble girl

diamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, just come home... Pure magic

DDN set was fabolous, Lee's songs in particular

First encore

Reena
Incinerate
James Runs Free
Pink Steam
Or

Second encore

What a Waste

Still daydreamin'...
diamondsea is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2007, 09:52 PM   #11
diamondsea
little trouble girl

diamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, forgettin to say that I'm back from Ferrara...

Reached the place too late and missed MCIAA, that was the only problem
Old 07.06.2007, 10:14 PM   #12
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck these RR encores, dammit.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2007, 04:35 AM   #13
nicfit
invito al cielo

Buaaaaaaaaah!!! I'll make a post-concert thread after a good shower (just woke up), but it was G-R-E-A-T! Lee is a God.
Italian audience is , as usual , a bit annoying (too much pogo going on in the first rows, too much talkin' in the rows behind, but I'm complaining just because it was my first attempt at taping a show live with no soundboard input, I'll "report" about that in the other thread I want to set up. By the way, a BIG FUCK YOU to tiger security guys, I know they supposedly were just "following orders" , but I started hating them straight away when they "kindly" and "funnily" threathened to take a friend of mine video camera even before the gig started, and afterwards tried to stop people even from taking PICS! Dear god (God, Buhhah, or Spongebob) give them some (not deadly) STD soon, please.
super highlights - all Lee's songs + or.
Anyway, I was in second row, for the first 25-30 mins and during " 'Cross the Breeze" 's coda I went a few rows back right in front of the left venue speakers' stack. I stumbled into 3 of my best friends and everything became a sort of "celebration".
Old 07.08.2007, 07:21 AM   #14
diamondsea
little trouble girl

Yeah, Lee is a God... even with acoustic (!) guitar in the stunning or...

Like he said in the DDN deluxe notes, it seems to me that DDN songs are well structured but with a very crude live sound. And Lee tracks seemed played expecially loud...
Old 07.08.2007, 08:59 AM   #15
kling klang
empty page

It was my 8-th time that I watched SY live and it was the best!

The sound was amazing and I had a perfect center position in a 10-th row or so. Piazza and the whole city are beautifull and it was the first time that everyone I spoke to knew english (on my previous travels through Italy not even the young folks knew any other language than italian).

And yes, the audience were rude; I was especially annoyed by the hand clapping and sing-a-long during cross the breeze: "arwnhaa know, arwnhaa know". Damn, if you dont know the lyrics then dont shout, I wanna listen to the band!

To bad the SY merch stand was not in Ferrara; I saw only tons of hideously designed locally produced SY t-shirts and many people actually buying this crap.

All in all, an excellent DDN gig, looking forward to see a regular show in august.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth