Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page It's been fun......
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2011, 07:25 AM   #21
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Haha jeez, I should clarify that I like Florya and enjoy his music greatly. It's just... why make a post that pretty much signals you to never post here again? I mean, now Florya can't come on a few months from now and shoot the shit while he's bored for 10 minutes cause he's declared his exit. I've went weeks not posting thinking to myself, "okay it's over, I have no need to post here" but then find myself posting a few replies if I'm bored. If I made a thread saying "I'M LEAVING" then it would be awkward to come back here and post those few replies. I dunno, leaving threads just don't sit with me right no matter how cool the person is.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2011, 07:37 AM   #22
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
well, I think "leaving" can be just a way to say "hey guys, if you need me keep in mind I won't come here regularly, you can reach me somewhere else". It's not something like "hey this place sucks, whoever posts here sucks, I don'want to suck so I won't post ANYMORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE".
Now, if you get your account(s) deleted and stuff and then come back here again, well, that's another story, but "leaving" I think can mean way different things (especially for "regulars" who get in touch with each other outside this board).
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2011, 09:15 AM   #23
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
I read an interview with prurient the other day where he was discussing his listening history and referenced that he was "so proud to be part of the last pre Internet generation", no thats not it, it was "to have experienced underground music for a time before the Internet was part of our psyche" or something, and that really stuck with me, we do get so caught up in our profiles and ideas of how we feel we are perceived online vs in real life. And its true what was said above, we are bombarded with too much choice and accessibility in our trowels on the Internet. Everything is just there and I think some are becoming wearisome of the whole thing. In the past two years I've deleted my facebook, tried to reduce my message board floating to music information only (where I hit a few boards up for info rather than stay on one board and argue with the same people day in day out) because it's that self awareness that to don't want your internet persona to define who you are. I think that comes with age, 10 years ago I would play in bands and keep in touch with people online, now I'm in my thirties, have a wife and a mortgage and rarely go to shows or out and about...... And the Internet becomes your main social tool...... Does this have a point? I guess not except for using my own backstory collide with atsonicparks frame of reference yet in true online fashion I've made it about myself........ Truly a post for the ages........ not really haha..........
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2011, 10:18 AM   #24
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I'll miss seeing his posts here. One of my favorites on many levels. Musically, one of the best we had here. I'll be seeking him out elsewhere.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2011, 11:05 AM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
message boards, as a breed, are dying.

why post on one if you crave connectivity, when there's myfacebookspace? why troll if you need anonymity, when there are chans?

I walk the line.

irregardless of whether this dramatic thread was born of depressive self-limiting compulsion, florya was 'a good one'.

please return, after your funk. this board will still be here. I mean, how else can Thurston post as wrsternquinoxcantrock???
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2011, 11:05 AM   #26
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses

Florya: "It's been fun......"
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2011, 01:56 PM   #27
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Good points as usual, n'ik. Something interesting I've noticed isn't just this board that has provoked less and less people to post -- it seems like every board around has users leaving, or users who aren't posting anymore. This is something I've thought about for a long time but haven't expressed; the internet is probably technically more popular and powerful than ever; you can get on the net while you're taking a shit or fucking or in the desert or whatever, via overpriced ridiculous phones and cars and what-have-you. Libraries and coffee shops everywhere. More people infiltrating the system than ever. Yet, it seems like there's less people who have anything to say, less information traded. Has the novelty worn off? Or is there just too much to take in? I almost wonder if the sensory overload of WATCH THIS VIDEO! DOWNLOAD THIS ALBUM! CHECK THIS OUT! ETCETCETCETC has almost made us... well.. I dunno. We don't really have to say anything anymore -- we don't have to entertain each other, or ourselves, because there's SO MUCH out there to do it for us. In an age where our avatars say more about us than our actual words.

Technically, with modems faster than ever, information possible to be traded at a MUCH faster rate, more information to trade PERIOD, and unlimited space (I mean, I can just go download any game or album or movie or whatever, ever masde, in like 3 clicks; used to, it took 5 minutes to load one 320x240 jpeg!).... you'd think there'd be more to talk about. Maybe we're all bored. Spoiled. Who knows. Maybe the internet has become such a part of our lives that we just take it for granted, it is like taking a shit now or something.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atsonicpark again.
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2011, 02:22 PM   #28
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
it is like taking a shit now or something.

relieving and necessary.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2011, 02:34 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
...but this place is losing its relevance for me, so I'm calling it a day.
For those of you that know me and could give a shit, you can catch me on facebook or soundcloud.

Play nice now.

Bye.

you wish! SYG is like Los Angeles, you couldn't leave if you wanted too

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2011, 02:40 PM   #30
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
my avatar says "DOWNLOAD THE CRAMPS ENTIRE DISCOGRAPHY
listen for 30 minutes DOWNLOAD SOMETHING ELSE".

I wish the modems of today still projected their conversations through external speakers.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2011, 06:58 PM   #31
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Beware of him, I say.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2011, 07:55 PM   #32
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The Cramps aren't a good band if you listen to their entire discography. They work on precisely the basis that you listen to a few songs, decide they're generally a good idea, and then decide not to bother with the rest of it, surely?

Oh God. It's that goth thing, isn't it? You people are sick. Sick and wrong. You'll be saying VVM fans are real people next.

Incidentally, are there any new goth bands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2011, 08:09 PM   #33
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Songs The Lord Taught Us is a great record.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2011, 08:15 PM   #34
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Songs The Lord Taught Us is a great record.......
Exactly. No point bothering with any other records, everything you could ever want from a rock record is there in that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth