Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I want kids...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.10.2006, 04:48 PM   #21
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
That would explain why their music sounds like 5th albums. I've had the misfortune of seeing this band twice, once because people assured me they were great and that I'd heard the wrong recordings, and the second time because people assured me that 'I wasn't listening' the first time, or something like that.

Both times I hated them. Really, really hated them. I don't know who it was said it, I've a feeling it was SC, but they truly are the new Enya.

Sorry, I have mental problems that mean I am incapable of listening to the part of my head that says, "Don't write that, it's really not that important you say it, is it?"

It's totally important that you write that. At the risk of making myself even more unpopular than I already am for being 'new', Sigor Ros are, at best, unintelligent whale song. Respect to Glice for bringing up their direness.

Sorry.
Confucious is sex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 05:04 PM   #22
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know. I used to like them but it is oh so boring to me now. Fucking endless shite.
Old 07.10.2006, 05:26 PM   #23
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Pigfucker music.
Old 07.10.2006, 05:28 PM   #24
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
they are pretty dire. fall asleep at the wheel music.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 07:43 PM   #25
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
afterthefact, do you like the band afterthefall, at all?
Old 07.10.2006, 07:44 PM   #26
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
I think everyone thinks they are these pretentious assholes who really think their music is emotional and blah blah blah. But if you read what they have to say Sigur Ros says that really all they do is jam on 4 chords and experiment a little in the studio. No one knows music theory except the keyboardist who writes most of their stuff. They dont think of their music as a religious or spiritual experience. Remember they are all atheists. I think the fans fuck it up for them but whatever, they make me happy.
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 07:16 PM   #27
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
I think everyone thinks they are these pretentious assholes who really think their music is emotional and blah blah blah. But if you read what they have to say Sigur Ros says that really all they do is jam on 4 chords and experiment a little in the studio. No one knows music theory except the keyboardist who writes most of their stuff. They dont think of their music as a religious or spiritual experience. Remember they are all atheists. I think the fans fuck it up for them but whatever, they make me happy.

here is a (paraphrased) quote from Sigur Ros "People seem to think we are this really serious band, but we really aren't. we hang around and make fart jokes and stuff. we aren't serious at all."

by the way, i fuckin love sigur ros, and love GY!BE even more. people make call it pretensious or whatever you want, the music is fuckin mind-altering.and by the way "schools look like prisons... prisons look like malls" is (now) a lyric in a Silver Mount Zion song...not all that wierd, cos of Efrim

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2006, 12:26 PM   #28
michael71
little trouble girl

michael71 ain't too shabby
I love godspeed's music (when I'm in the mood) but they were so bloody whiny. I read an article with them once and the band were saying how they didn't want anyone buying their music from big stores under any circumstance and to always try to support your indie store and so on. Then they started saying that maybe it was ok to buy their stuff from big stores sometimes but they weren't happy about it and so on. They just went around in circles until they weren't too sure what they wanted.

Actually, I know what they wanted;for people to buy their records, go see them live but to get given out to by the band for doing so! Jesus!

It's a pity that they didn't do another record though. I really liked the last one.
michael71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth