Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Some notes on hipster law, 2011
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.15.2011, 02:32 AM   #41
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...hipsters-blogs
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 04:12 AM   #42
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I would.

EDITL Avril Lavign....not what Nefeli said...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 08:00 AM   #43
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Holy man! Must be all the Good Charlotte rubbin' off on her. And speaking of rubbing off on her...
No, I'm a chick.

really?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 08:23 AM   #44
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertonic
postworthy much? clearly, quantity is beating quality here...
my favorite message board posts have always been posts, like this one, where people take the time to post about the postings of other posters who post.

quality stuff, lil' lady. quality stuff!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 08:37 AM   #45
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
also, what kind of wünderkind looks around this board and wonders to themselves "there seems to be too many posts here".

hipsters, that's who. motherfucking hipsters.
Old 11.15.2011, 10:15 AM   #46
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
hey thats pretty fucking funny...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 01:07 PM   #47
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
- If you still care, you're a useless prick.
-Whenever you say 'hipster', you're talking about your own social anxieties.
-This is a forum for Sonic Youth. You are immediately and without question a hipster in the eyes of people who've heard of Sonic Youth (that is, people who have no problem finding other humans to assist in the stimulation of their genitals)
- People who haven't heard of Sonic Youth think you're a cunt. Not a hipster. Just a boring, whinging, too-white cunt.
- Some people think about what they wear before they leave the house.
- Some people don't think about what they wear before they leave the house.
- You, meanwhile, need a wash.
- This is the internet. It and the outside world are not in competition. It's arguable that they might even complement each other.
- In the fine schoolyard tradition of 'whoever smelt it, dealt it', the only people who are hipsters (in the sense of being vacuous, vain and overly obsessed with the opinions of some spurious clique) are those who accuse others of being hipsters.
- The world is large. Fundamentally, you are small. Don't be petty as well.
- For fuck's sake. No-one cares or ever cared about what you or anyone else thinks a hipster is or isn't.
- Get a wash, for the very sake of fuck.
Beautiful.

My view of it is that 'accusing' someone of the term 'hipster' is just labelling people and boiling them down to a set of preconceived factors. It's dumb stereotyping.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 01:18 PM   #48
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
But the stereotyping exists. It happens, so why not discuss it?
Then again, why discuss it? Because I was bored, it was midmorning on a slow Monday. I actually don't give a shit one way or another.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2011, 01:24 PM   #49
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Oh you know, it's an internet thing. DJ Rick put it better on this same forum, with no offence to Glice, obviously, when he said that perceiving someone as being a hipsters just because of the way they're dressed is a form of insecurity. Of course there are elements of what Glice said above which can be annoying, but you know, it's not so bad in hipsterland like they tell you. Besides, Vice magazine puts on some free gigs by bands that won't hurt you so bad when you attend them. They did a feauture about Doc Corbin of Crucifucks too. It's not all that bad. Let's move on from this crap.
Old 11.15.2011, 01:24 PM   #50
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Discussion of 'hipsters' tends to be full of diatribe like "I HATE HIPSTERS!!!" and "What's up with their moustaches?"

I hate black people, what's up with them eating fried chicken?
Old 11.15.2011, 01:31 PM   #51
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

It really is not an important thing whichever way you look at it.
Old 11.15.2011, 01:33 PM   #52
Derek
invito al cielo

Yo, I'm just trying to make the world a more positive place.
Old 11.15.2011, 01:34 PM   #53
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Sure, and I am agreeing with you.
Old 11.15.2011, 02:52 PM   #54
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

is it still ok to hate hippies????
Old 11.15.2011, 03:55 PM   #55
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Discussion of 'hipsters' tends to be full of diatribe like "I HATE HIPSTERS!!!" and "What's up with their moustaches?"

I hate black people, what's up with them eating fried chicken?

Really? I've been called a hipster since I was a freshman in college. Among other things. But never in an insulting way.

"Scenester" was the offensive one. I hated being called that.
Old 11.15.2011, 03:56 PM   #56
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
is it still ok to hate hippies????

This is more like what I was getting at.

Like, kind of a "why can't we all just get along?" thing. Hipsters and hippies.

Phish is ok by me.

But yeah widespread panic is terrible. I've had the misfortune of attending a number of their shows, just to glimpse the better bands they were touring with.
Old 11.15.2011, 04:16 PM   #57
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

lesbians...what's up with their moustaches???
Old 11.15.2011, 04:28 PM   #58
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Lesbians are treated much, much worse than hipsters in London. And any transgender people too.
Old 11.15.2011, 04:38 PM   #59
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
hm? really? i dont like this.

and i didnt expect this.
dont like.
however, it surprises me too. especially the latter. you made me remember again our beloved Zelma (rip). we were in London (1994) and she was thrilled at the acceptance and acceptance she was recieving and enjoying the early mornings in tube going to dunno what remote zone it was.
weird.
A lot of transgender people are, at the best of times, treated like drag queens or woman-like beings. Which is not all there is to transgenders. It is a genetically more sensitive area than just swapping traditional sexes.
Old 11.15.2011, 05:31 PM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

for the record, I don't know any lesbians with moustaches but as derek so crudely pointed out, I do know black people that eat fried chicken.

hipsters? no idea. I don't associate with that crowd. at all. ironic cunts.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth