Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.16.2019, 04:53 PM   #5821
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
so, if you want to have affordable education, allow people to pay it out of their own natural pocket so that they can be smart shoppers.

supply will meet demand as it always does.

with the internet i have no idea why education has to be so expensive anymore. some fucking bullshit cartel probably.

i read wikipedia every day. and e-books are cheap unless they're college textbooks. probably not because they're better but because they're "mandatory".
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2019, 06:11 PM   #5822
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

This pre-primary period is the start of the wild party. The music's loud, everyone's pumped, bright shiny things are appealing.

But as dawn (the actual primary) approaches, people begin to sober up and face reality.

Herman fucking Cain was in the Republican top spot in 2012 at one point. Then Newt. It ended being Mitt, who had been polling single digits in some states just a few months before the primaries.

Enjoy the ride, all the silly Dems creating material for Brietbart, etc. The dust will settle soberly at some point.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2019, 06:21 PM   #5823
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
This pre-primary period is the start of the wild party. The music's loud, everyone's pumped, bright shiny things are appealing.

But as dawn (the actual primary) approaches, people begin to sober up and face reality.

Herman fucking Cain was in the Republican top spot in 2012 at one point. Then Newt. It ended being Mitt, who had been polling single digits in some states just a few months before the primaries.

Enjoy the ride, all the silly Dems creating material for Brietbart, etc. The dust will settle soberly at some point.
from your mouth to satan’s ears! (because who else rules this fucked world? hahaha)

okay and all but remember that in the 2016 repuke field *the biggest wackadoodle won it all* *and then some*

see, i’d like to be comforted by your assurances, but i have to remain objective at this point and not be swayed by wishful thinking.

all the proggies came out ahead at the gate. by sheer numbers it reveals that certain tendencies that used to be fringe are now mainstream.

this worries me.

but i really fucking hope you’re right
Old 02.16.2019, 06:23 PM   #5824
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I can see a centrist becoming the candidate just because the 'silly Dems' are now so numerous they'll end up stealing votes from one another.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2019, 02:31 AM   #5825
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk

In short, Sherrod Brown is probably the Democrats' most promising candidate, yet still faces an uphill struggle against Trump.

Again, it's surreal to me that this is where things are. After the forest fire that is The Trump Presidency so far, the disaster of Helsinki with the taking of Putin's word over his own Int people, the Charlottesville episode where we all clearly saw What Trump Is, his idiotic daily tweets, his purposeful division of America, his complete and obvious ignorance regarding what is actually going on in the world today .....Fuck I could do this all day..... But after all this, America will not be presented with a clear and winning alternative?

How fucked up is that?
Old 02.17.2019, 04:44 AM   #5826
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Given that no one gives even Sheldon Brown much of a chance, perhaps now would be the right time for the Dem party establishment to go full House of Cards/Yes Minister by getting behind a progressive candidate they know will be a monumental failure and therefore take some of the momentum out of anyone associated with that wing in 2024 (I'm speaking of course about AOC), when Trump will be gone and the party has a reasonable chance again.

Old 02.17.2019, 06:05 AM   #5827
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It's obviously a gamble but it'll at least let the party establishment brand a potential 2024 candidate like AOC as representing a failed experiment. Right now the progressives have the argument that they've never been given the chance. So give them that chance when they're least likely to succeed rather than further down the line, when things may well have shifted in the Dems favour and they therefore have far more to lose. Back the candidate who's closest ideologically to AOC as a way of reducing her credibility come 2024.
Old 02.17.2019, 08:03 AM   #5828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

bit of an unusual name but it’s sherrod with two r’s

i don’t know that the party establishment can really control that, at that level of granularity, and seems like a long gamble because there are so many elections between here and then, who could guess.

the republicans were overtaken by the tea party in 2010-2012, and so palin for president became a possibility, paul ryan became speaker of the house, and now ryan just quit, defeated in the face of benito orange’s atrocity. any dreams of fiscal purity out the window. what tne party establishment got now is worse.

i could imagine someone like the notorious a.o.c. launched as vp maybe, although not sure she’d be of age in 2020... as for 2024, who the hells knows. i think democrats really wanna beat trumpet right now. they should...

anyway was just reading that brown is against free trade. ah ha haha. i get why that works for ohio but do we all need to subsidize ohio so they can have a few jobs best done elsewhere?

anyway...

yep, im homeless at the moment...
Old 02.17.2019, 08:30 AM   #5829
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Top 15 U.S. Exports, January-November 2011

Rank
Export Category
Jan.-Nov. 2011 (millions)
Petroleum products
$87,543
Pharmaceutical preparations
$37,547
Industrial machines, other
$37,456
Semiconductors
$36,898
Chemicals-organic
$32,514
Plastic materials
$30,219
Telecommunications equipment
$29,885
Electric apparatus
$29,147
Nonmonetary gold
$27,821
Civilian aircraft
$27,179
Medicinal equipment
$26,591
Computer accessories
$26,520
Chemicals-other
$24,150
Industrial engines
$23,246
Engines-civilian aircraft
$21,648

why do we have to make steel or dig coal... dumb

The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in American global shipments during 2017. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from the United States.
Machinery including computers: US$201.7 billion (13% of total exports)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $174.2 billion (11.3%)
Mineral fuels including oil: $138 billion (8.9%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $131.2 billion (8.5%)
Vehicles: $130.1 billion (8.4%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $83.6 billion (5.4%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $61.5 billion (4%)
Gems, precious metals: $60.4 billion (3.9%)
Pharmaceuticals: $45.1 billion (2.9%)
Organic chemicals: $36.2 billion (2.3%)
Old 02.17.2019, 08:34 AM   #5830
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

The following types of American product shipments represent positive net exports or a trade balance surplus. Investopedia defines net exports as the value of a country’s total exports minus the value of its total imports.
In a nutshell, net exports represent the amount by which foreign spending on a home country’s goods or services exceeds or lags the home country’s spending on foreign goods or services.
Aircraft, spacecraft: US$100.3 billion (Down by -3.3% since 2016)
Oil seeds: $24 billion (Down by -4.8%)
Cereals: $16.2 billion (Down by -2.8%)
Other chemical goods: $13.9 billion (Up by 20.9%)
Meat: $8.2 billion (Up by 21.4%)
Cotton: $6.7 billion (Up by 42.4%)
Food industry waste, animal fodder: $6.7 billion (Down by -5.8%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $6.6 billion (Down by -20%)
Woodpulp: $5.6 billion (Up by 5.9%)
Soaps, washing preparations, lubricants, waxes: $3.8 billion (Up by 1.7%)
United States has highly positive net exports in the international trade of aircraft launching gear and other on-deck landing equipment. In turn, these cashflows indicate America’s strong competitive advantages under the aerospace product category.

http://www.worldstopexports.com/unit...op-10-exports/
Old 02.17.2019, 08:46 PM   #5831
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

im starting to go deep down the rabbit hole...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democra...iny-1543880165
Old 02.18.2019, 12:26 PM   #5832
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Trimp restaurants written up for filth, vermin and sewage issues

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...207-story.html
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2019, 04:28 PM   #5833
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
There is no greater comedy than Trump tweeting about people who are liars!!!

(Actually, his tweets against SNL come close.)
Old 02.19.2019, 06:43 AM   #5834
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh shit

old greatgrandpa bernie is running again

i hope they all cancel each other out i really do
Old 02.19.2019, 07:27 AM   #5835
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
You don't even seem to realize the extent of the anti-Working Class hostility which you revealed in that post of yours. The Democratic Party can't imagine any reason for the Working Class to have voted for Trump except for rampant racial hatred, and yet you've managed to sum up the real reason without even realizing!
the world changes, technology changes, innovation is constantly disrupting industries. you adapt or die, one way or another, if you stay the same the world leaves you behind. a person or a business or a nation.

you dont help the working class by trying to keep things the same forever, which is impossible. you help them by facilitating adaptation. make my insurance portable, my retirement portable, job training widely available, so i can sell my labor to the best buyer

“hostility”

dummy

what working class person likes to pay for a tv in 24 monthly installments... when you can pick one up for 300 bucks
Old 02.19.2019, 10:58 AM   #5836
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Bernie officially running again.

bernie: "im gonna raise all your taxes"
america: *votes for trump*

Homeboy will be sworn in at 79 if he wins. The more the merrier, I guess.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2019, 11:53 AM   #5837
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Bernie officially running again.

bernie: "im gonna raise all your taxes"
america: *votes for trump*

Homeboy will be sworn in at 79 if he wins. The more the merrier, I guess.
personally i hate el trumpo's racism, economic populism, outrageous lies, self-dealing and general bullshit, but you can't deny that the economy is humming along pretty great right now, and unemployment's historical lows, even if tax cuts for the rich raise the specter of deficits down the line. people are usually not very focused on the long term.

but threaten to crash the economy by offering everyone a free pony and see how quickly a lot of people will hold their noses and vote republican in spite of their disgust.
Old 02.19.2019, 12:29 PM   #5838
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses

Old 02.19.2019, 01:51 PM   #5839
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
personally i hate el trumpo's racism, economic populism, outrageous lies, self-dealing and general bullshit, but you can't deny that the economy is humming along pretty great right now, and unemployment's historical lows, even if tax cuts for the rich raise the specter of deficits down the line. people are usually not very focused on the long term.

but threaten to crash the economy by offering everyone a free pony and see how quickly a lot of people will hold their noses and vote republican in spite of their disgust.

Yeah, but wasn't a lot of that original economic boost set into motion by Obama?

That's what I've read at least. I'm a simpleton, let's be honest.

Also isn't what's good for the economy and large corporations not necessarily good for the lower class? What about wage stagnation? Also isnt unemployment down because it's harder to apply for and people are forced ot be working multiple jobs?

I have so many questions...
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2019, 02:19 PM   #5840
ilduclo
invito al cielo

Roger Stone :

“Through legal trickery Deep State hitman Robert Mueller has guaranteed that my upcoming show trial is before Judge Amy Berman Jackson,” Stone wrote, and added that Jackson is also “an Obama appointed judge” and the “#fixisin.”

Roger Stone:

“..... in no way did I mean to threaten the judge or disrespect the court.”
242282289290291 292 293294295302342392 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth