Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page khanate-clean hands go foul
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2009, 06:30 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
soooooooooooooooo good and sooooooooooooooooo heavy. i was getting real fucking bored with the endless amojd of bands playing earth 2 worshipping drone doom, so its good to hear o'malley and plotkin get back in khanate mode and doing the fucked up, primitive, almost silent in parts blackened doom metal of khanate. i think o'malley is awesome, but i really just have no time for shit like sunn o))) anymore, because to me that whole thing started and peaked with earth 2. but his riffs in bands like this, burning witch, and thorr's hammer are just fucking soul crushing. i really like when hes trying to just straight up pummel the listener more than when he tries to get more abstract. im really stoked on this record, i went to newebury comics today to get the new sunn o))) whole my mom's house was being shown and instead saw this, not even realizing it was out. i ended up getting this and a fresh copy of wooden shjips 'dos', so im in a fairly good mood. then my sister's car that i was driving overheated, but that's another story.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 04:56 AM   #2
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
The last track of this new album sums 0))) (see what I did there?) up everything they've been doing: Every God Damn Thing is about a half an hour of lurking, strange noises with your man's voice growling about how shit everything is. Scared the shit out of me on headphones when I first heard it last month. Great stuff. The new Sun 0))) record is far more ambitious; Khanate's stuff is darker and scarier. Enjoyable. Keep meaning to hear it on a decent stereo--this music is only half there on iPods and suchlike.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 01:38 PM   #3
otearai
little trouble girl

otearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's assesotearai kicks all y'all's asses
oh, oh. i wasn't aware of that album. downloading now. can't wait to listen.
otearai is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth