Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page sonic youth and houston
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2008, 05:03 PM   #1
greenbean19
empty page

greenbean19 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Sonic Youth hasn't been in houston for quite a while and well when and if they're coming back i'm not sure. what's on my mind really is what is it about houston that repels any form of creativity in the local scene? even if yr not from here I wanna know, and don't hold back on the negative. It's probably something i've already heard and already know.
greenbean19 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2008, 05:22 PM   #2
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
No confirmation of any Houston dates I'm afraid. But on the subject of the city, I've never been there, barely know where it is, but my figuring on the subject is if people are so desperate to leave that instead of driving out of the city they construct giant space-shuttles and launch themselves into the ether, it must be bad.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Last time I saw Sonic Youth here in HOuston was at verizon theatre during the Rather Ripped tour. Great show.
They played Austin with the meat puppets recently. That was a great show also. Sonic Youth come to Houston for every tour they do after a new album.

as far as houston scene, you know why the shit is goofy. Any decent band that gets a half decent local following moves to Austin (ass town) and proceeds to soak up the austin suck. Either that or they get big enough to tour nationally.
Houston has had influence on the music world, in blues, hip hop, noise rock, industrial, R&B, psychedelia, and punk.
Hwever, since Houston is not "hip" or "sexy" for the media to cover,a nd since it is not NYC or LA, it takes a pretty special band to draw any attention from the countless shit bands in NYC and countless shit bands in LA, (and in Austin)

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth