Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Please tell me someone here has heard of Ronald Jenkees.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2009, 12:25 AM   #1
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
This guy is pretty much amazing. Could someone recommend some music similar to this? It reminds me of Herbie Hancock's jazz fusion mixed with the soundtrack for Donkey Kong Country 2. It's very wistful, nostalgic, energetic, etc etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2aH4XLbto

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 02:08 PM   #2
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
A second song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE-uIljiGo

Old 06.29.2009, 09:41 PM   #3
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a fan.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 10:15 PM   #4
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses

BOOOO!
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2009, 11:14 PM   #5
summer
stalker

...so apparently you're tasteless, cool.

Old 06.29.2009, 11:17 PM   #6
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Yes. Yes I am tasteless.
Old 06.29.2009, 11:31 PM   #7
Shifty Prophet
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
why do you always feel as if people are tasteless just because they dont enjoy the same music as you?

you do realize that is completely tacky. i recomend you start checking out bands mentioned by some of the other folks on this board, instead of trying to constantly get us interested in the shit you listen to. almost everything youve listed that other people here actually like, most of us have probally already been listening to to for at LEAST five years.

im not trying to be an asshole...but seriously man, yr not going to get too many people here interested in brand new or incubus. it isnt because everyone here is closed minded in music, either...if ya pay realllllly close attention, there are several sorts of people here w/ several different sorts of taste....metal, punk, classic rock, noise, jazz, blues, all subgenres of the aforementioned.

you just need to get over that shit.

maybe yr the "incubus" guy of the board...AND THATS COOL! just, dont immediately consider other people have bad tastes when they dont like the stuff you recomend.

Heartbreaker and Homewrecker.
Old 06.29.2009, 11:52 PM   #8
summer
stalker

To be honest I didn't read any of that besides your first sentence so I'll just answer thatttt.

It's because he was needlessly rude about it. Posting some ugly picture and "BOOOOO" is kind of.. childish and stupid. He could have just said he didn't like it.

Old 06.30.2009, 12:47 AM   #9
Shifty Prophet
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer
To be honest I didn't read any of that besides your first sentence so I'll just answer thatttt.

It's because he was needlessly rude about it. Posting some ugly picture and "BOOOOO" is kind of.. childish and stupid. He could have just said he didn't like it.

it was a joke, and if you have seen the Princess Bride then you would have gotten it. Ok, no I havent heard of Ronald Jenkees and can't say I was awfully impressed by him. Sure he has talent but really, he is playing a guitar on the keyboard with effects and some simple pre-set drum beat.

swa(y) was right when he talked about people on here having heard the majority of the shit you speak of long ago. Its not a personal attack, its called learning. We (all older persons that acquired knowledge about music) all had to start somewhere.

So, when I saw your randy jentry video I thought ''Ok, there are tons of musicians that have done this same thing better and thirty years ago, boo this man''

Sorry if your feelings were hurt, its the interent, shit happens.

Oh and PS: when you have a artist or band you want to expose people to, try not to sound as if its someone super important or relevant to this forum, it kinda comes across as condescending, and in the long run makes your perceived musical taste shit.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth