Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Hot Chip rules.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.29.2008, 03:40 PM   #1
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe I'm gonna be pawned for this. I don't care. I fucking love Hot Chip. These guys are simply masters, they must have a special sense dedicated to creating perfect songs. Seriously, every simple element in their music is PERFECTLY placed where it's the most effective. Even their ballads (which got them screwed up most of the time) are actually really great, after seeing them live I can say that without ballads I would probably have died of a heart attack after dancing so much.

They rule.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2008, 02:55 AM   #2
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Diesel, I love you
Old 03.30.2008, 02:57 AM   #3
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I had hot chips in the park with my beautiful girlfriend lastnight.
Old 03.30.2008, 10:40 AM   #4
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
I feel like they're just part of this big trend of "cool indie electronic music" right now that way too many bands have made a name for themself for.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2008, 12:57 PM   #5
SYRFox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
I feel like they're just part of this big trend of "cool indie electronic music" right now that way too many bands have made a name for themself for.
Come on, do you actually care about trend? I don't. I just listen to the fuckin' band and I don't mind the room was almost full when I got to see them: it doesn't keep me from listening them.

I think that if you don't listen to a band just because they're trend, then it's the same as people that listen to bands just because they're trend.
Old 03.30.2008, 01:00 PM   #6
sarramkrop

I like that song they play on the radio by The Kooks.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
Come on, do you actually care about trend? I don't. I just listen to the fuckin' band and I don't mind the room was almost full when I got to see them: it doesn't keep me from listening them.

I think that if you don't listen to a band just because they're trend, then it's the same as people that listen to bands just because they're trend.

It's difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff with this stuff. I'm going to have to go back to Hot Chip because I can't remember if they were that band 'of that sort' I thought were alright or part of the glut.

I did the same with Battles recently and decided I was entirely right in my initial assessment of them being VERY meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i saw those guys open for smog about 5 years ago and they were dreadful, a friend put a song of theirs on a mixtape for me last year and i quite liked it though. that's my experience of the band called Hot Chip.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2008, 11:53 PM   #9
SYRFox
invito al cielo

Well 5 years ago, I think it was probably for the Coming On Strong album which I haven't heard and is from what I've heard not really good, actually they do not play any song from that album live now
Old 03.31.2008, 08:04 AM   #10
cellscape
little trouble girl

cellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to behold
I saw them at Bonnaroo right after tortoise last year and they we're much better live than I had anticipated, even after having to go on after tortoise. Those groups should go on tour together.
cellscape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 08:17 AM   #11
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
fucking terrible, and they had the nerve to sample Todd Rundgren, i feel bad.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 10:07 AM   #12
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i saw hot chip last summer and they were god awful. i cant stand them but i know i am in the minoirty. a poor mans lcd soundsystem!
Old 03.31.2008, 01:52 PM   #13
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
they suck ass.
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth