Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Im going to the Dr today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.27.2007, 09:08 AM   #41
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
I commented after reading others' posts...mine was a general thought(about the average overweight lazy junkfood american taking ritalin at 7, prozac at 15, zoloft at 21, xanax in his 30's), while yours is a very personal statement, and I'm sorry you feel like that.
I hope you'll be in good hands tomorrow, and you will manage to pass this stage also with a little of your strenght.
those pills just balance molecules to find receptors and other interesting things...but you can also play an active role by "training" those circuits.
plus, as I know, sideeffects from hardons to sleep can be under control, if you dont mess around with the dose and dont skip days...

depression is such a widespread beast, so it has to do with others, and yes, society. internet forums, role play games, bittorrents don't help at all.

I'm weird, ha.
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:13 AM   #42
Happy Birthday
little trouble girl

Happy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's assesHappy Birthday kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
go shit in a trash can and eat it ya fucking idiot. you know what you read about "typical americans"...

ever been here fuck tart?
Tosser.
Happy Birthday is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:24 AM   #43
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
iv seen psychs in the past aswell and they have said i have high anxiety and high depression levels, my depression isnt as bad as it use to be, the dr said that its most likly anxiety and depression still, both of them working from one another..

and no im not taking offence to anything said here, i apologise if i need things repeated. and i appreciate everyone putting in their opinions aswell.

Ok, past the common phenomenon of the village idiot making an appearance on just about anything that he doesn't have any knowledge about (that's right, I am being very condescending), it doesn't sound like you suffer from panick attacks but from anxiety attacks proper. From what I seem to remember you drink and smoke weed, is that right?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:27 AM   #44
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I think its worth pointing out that this http://dsmivtr.org/
is the worldwide used Manual for diagnosing Anxiety disorders, depression etc. and it is... American. Not saying all Americans are fat and stupid but Pao-Lino has a point because Depression and anxiety disorders carry varying symptoms across individuals, and as such you need the program of treatment to be designed for that person - and that doesnt have to exclusively cover CBT, Drugs or anything, it can be a combination.

So before Sway starts telling us all to lick our limey fag asses, i hope you decide on the right balance for you.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:30 AM   #45
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Ok, past the common phenomenon of the village idiot making an appearance on just about anything that he doesn't have any knowledge about (that's right, I am being very condescending), it doesn't sound like you suffer from panick attacks but from anxiety attacks proper. From what I seem to remember you drink and smoke weed, is that right?

yeh i drink and i smoke weed and do other drugs, but i smoke rarely and i was going through this before i started smoking
Old 11.27.2007, 09:31 AM   #46
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
go shit in a trash can and eat it ya fucking idiot. you know what you read about "typical americans"...

ever been here fuck tart?

yes I have.
hey, what a rage! did you take your pills today?
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:37 AM   #47
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
yeh i drink and i smoke weed and do other drugs, but i smoke rarely and i was going through this before i started smoking

I somehow felt that you were going to say it. I strongly advice you to ditch the alcohol and the weed. Alcohol especially is a powerful depressant that will only worsen your mood. It's indeed a very difficult thing to do, you might feel like you're missing out on social events, but there is no other choice. Or at least cut down on it as much as you can. You would be doing yourself a big favour, I'm sure you know that already.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:43 AM   #48
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Alcohol does do that, I myself am attempting to give up now after some frankly disgraceful behaviour at a party this weekend after lowering the tone to an unbelievable degree.
I have posted drunk on here before in fact, and weirdly if i look the next day i seem to get rep almost every time. Unlike some people.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:48 AM   #49
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pao-lino
mine was a general thought(about the average overweight lazy junkfood american taking ritalin at 7, prozac at 15, zoloft at 21, xanax in his 30's)

whatever yr general thoughts may be, this is where I stop reading.

there are no bigots in Iran!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:48 AM   #50
sarramkrop

Yep, that's totally true also. Large quantities of coffee are not only dangerous for you heart, but are a big trigger of anxiety attacks. I mean, coffee, cigarettes, alcohol and drugs are all pleasurable substances and popular since the dawn of time, but you if you have it large, the larger the damage, simple as that. Does anyone want an apple?

Edit- Skull and Nef.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:56 AM   #51
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
this topic is far too diverse and complex.

but i'd say only chronic patients should stick with medication, depression and anxiety is part of everyone's life and it's important to learn to deal with it withouth the use of drugs. especially at such early ages.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 09:57 AM   #52
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ok, I will spell it out for you more clearly, then.

You are very much at an age when it's not uncommon feeling cut out or, erm, alienated by your own surroundings. It is very possible that when you feel awkward you might get the impression that life is shit and you are the only one to know it. But it is not as simple as that, there are millions of teenagers feeling exactly like you do, and an even bigger proportion of adults feeling worse.

Choosing to go on meds because of this feeling is not going to turn you into a swan with unbelievable social skills that will be admired and discussed by your peers, no. Perseverance in trying to achieve some peaceful state of mind will do, trying to achieve what your personal goals might be will do, continuosly re-adjusting your being to those surroundings you feel like hating so much will do, and the same for the people who never seem to get you.

That is something that isn't weird or unacceptable, it's something that is common occurance for most people since entering teenagehood. Suffocating such feelings with artificial help is not going to resolve much apart from messing up with your head. Unless, of course, the problem is of a different nature altogether.

I can't concur with this. I've never taken medicine like that, but I know what it feels like to feel awkward and anxious among other people - and I'm not even a teenager anymore. It's all a matter of what's going on in your head and your confidence. I mean, when you get rid of that terrible feeling and start not to give a shit, that's the point when the things start getting better. That's the turning point - when you just don't care that much what the others think of you, right? And, let's say we all have our ways how to get to this turning point. With some people, I believe it takes some artifical means to get to this point. We all are not equally strong, sarramkrop.

But that's all just my opinion. As I said before, I've never taken anxiety pills so I'm mostly not aware of other factor that matter (side effects, etc etc).

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 10:07 AM   #53
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i use music a lot to mute my thoughts so i can walk around town with out freaking out as much, but i want to be able to do that and not have to have music burning holes in my ears
Old 11.27.2007, 10:32 AM   #54
sarramkrop

Music is great and effectively helpful. Trust me, I am an ex-music therapist for a charity for people who have brain damage. It's a mood enhancer and soother, and the fact that it works on so many different levels is a gift to humanity. I listen to it at least three hours a day. Good trick is to get a variety of it into your soul, and detaching its value from anything but what is there to offer. Apples for everyone.

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2007, 10:48 AM   #55
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

im off to bed guys
thanks for the support and wise words
i will be seeing the dr and a psych tomorrow morning, im pretty nervous about it but mm its gotta happen so we shall see what comes from it
i have to remember to tell them everything, i have such a bad memory.

goodnight and thank you all once again.
Old 11.28.2007, 03:44 AM   #56
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

well i went in this morning but i couldnt see the psych because he wasnt available so, i have an appointment for monday, but whilst i was at the dr i did remember to ask about getting pills for acne..i wonder if that will start a new debate :P
Old 11.28.2007, 04:11 AM   #57
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i dont care what you do.

you are such an asshole sometimes
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2007, 04:21 AM   #58
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes?

AA, you should try some natural remedies also. They can work a treat and the Chinese have been doing it since forever.
Old 11.28.2007, 04:26 AM   #59
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You are very much at an age when it's not uncommon feeling cut out or, erm, alienated by your own surroundings. It is very possible that when you feel awkward you might get the impression that life is shit and you are the only one to know it. But it is not as simple as that, there are millions of teenagers feeling exactly like you do, and an even bigger proportion of adults feeling worse.....

when i read this i didnt think he was speaking about a teenager , but rather someone in their early 20s...
i think some of the haste to jump onto meds comes from people thinking that depression/anxiety of this nature is somethign they should have learned to deal with by their twenties , and to not be so secure with themselves yet is such a teenage thing , and thats embarassing . yet i talk with SO MANY people in their early 20s or later that that do have these issues and think they are the only person with these issues . its sad/frustrating . (i was this way and am still learning , but thigns got easier when i opened up JUST ENOUGH to see this happening around me . )
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2007, 04:47 AM   #60
sarramkrop

Quote:
Ok, I will spell it out for you more clearly, then.

You are very much at an age when it's not uncommon feeling cut out or, erm, alienated by your own surroundings. It is very possible that when you feel awkward you might get the impression that life is shit and you are the only one to know it. But it is not as simple as that, there are millions of teenagers feeling exactly like you do, and an even bigger proportion of adults feeling worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Choosing to go on meds because of this feeling is not going to turn you into a swan with unbelievable social skills that will be admired and discussed by your peers, no. Perseverance in trying to achieve some peaceful state of mind will do, trying to achieve what your personal goals might be will do, continuosly re-adjusting your being to those surroundings you feel like hating so much will do, and the same for the people who never seem to get you.

That is something that isn't weird or unacceptable, it's something that is common occurance for most people since entering teenagehood. Suffocating such feelings with artificial help is not going to resolve much apart from messing up with your head. Unless, of course, the problem is of a different nature altogether.

I have re-quoted my own post because I think someone hasn't read it properly. Also, I did assume Alien Anal was in his late-teens, so pointing out that he is a 20 year old isn't going to make a huge difference, or is it?

In response to slavo's post: I didn't say that everyone is the same or goes through the same experiences, but the feeling that I have described in the post above is a fairly common one amongst teenagers, and yes, in some cases also in people past their teens. It is a generalisation not based on accurate facts but statistics, where a phenomenon isn't an accurate picture of every single person, but a sweeping representation of a large sample of any given population' habits and behaviour.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth