Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NES is amazing!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.24.2006, 02:20 AM   #1
RockerNino
bad moon rising

RockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's asses
I just busted out the old system and played hours of one of the greatest games of all time: Bubble Bobble. Then i played a lil punch out and bases loaded 2, but nothing beats BUbble Bobble two player action. what are your favs?
RockerNino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:22 AM   #2
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Mario, TMNT, and sports games: RBI Baseball, Tecmo football, and Lee Trevino Golf.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:29 AM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Hell yeah! Bases Loaded and RBI Baseball are some of my faves too. Roger Clemens Baseball was good and so was that one softball game where you could pick yr players. I just bought that Megaman 15th Anniversiary game that has Megaman 1-8 on it plus 2 other unreleased games. It's pretty fun although playing it with an X-Box controller is a little weird. I posted some of my favorite NES games here http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1151
Old 04.24.2006, 02:33 AM   #4
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Getting my NES for Christmas when it came out is one of the defining moments of my life. It had been all Atari before that. I was in first or second grade-can't remember which. I played Mario until my thumbs bled.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:37 AM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
Getting my NES for Christmas when it came out is one of the defining moments of my life. It had been all Atari before that. I was in first or second grade-can't remember which. I played Mario until my thumbs bled.

Ditto. I was in kindergarden. Not to mention Duck Hunt.
Old 04.24.2006, 04:25 AM   #6
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Ah the NES. Best videogame device ever created. period

That thing had the best, most enjoyable games EVER. Got it for my 5th birthday, and I'll never get sick of it. All those parents that always complain " They get a new toy and they either brake it immediately or put it in the closet " Ha! I never had that rep

Blaster Master
Megaman
Metroid
Startropics
Guardian Legend
Mario 3
A Boy and His Blob
Zelda I and II
Contra
Solstice

Anyone ever play the Wizards and Warriors games? Those were some of my faves on the system, especially number 1 and Wizards & Warriors: Ironsword. I found every hidden door and every hidden weapon in that whole damn game. That was the only downside to certain NES games, some of them were MINDBOGGLINGLY hard. Like Startropics, Battletoads. I always tell my gamer friends I'll give them 20 bucks if they can beat battletoads
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 08:49 AM   #7
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Dragon Warrior was good too. But Base Wars kicked some serious ass

FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 09:31 AM   #8
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
I sold every other system I ever had, but kept my NES. I still play it every now and then.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 12:38 PM   #9
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
nothing beats lolo for an insane amount of frustration.

other than that, mario 1-3 (even though mario 2 was nothing but a ripoff of the japanese "doki doki panic"), megaman 1-6, zelda 1-2, castlevania 1-3, pac-mania, bubble bobble, a boy and his blob, battletoads, final fantasy, t&c surf designs, and yoshi are among my favorites. i loved the days when they would release sequel after sequel after sequel . . . and they would all be good.

on another note, my mom plays the psx version of rainbow islands so damn much i never want to look at that game again.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 12:47 PM   #10
hebbel
little trouble girl

hebbel ain't too shabbyhebbel ain't too shabby

hebbel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 12:54 PM   #11
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
when I finally got my NES system in '88, the big deal was that now I didn't have to waste quarters in the arcade (remember those?) For me it all started with one game: Rad Racer, complete with 3-D glasses. Mine didn't come with Super Mario Bros, it was just the system and nothing else.

I would always make my friends bring over their 'cool' games like megaman II, SMB, super pitfall, skate or die, t&c surf, stinger, gradius, contra, mike tyson's punch out, zelda, milon's secret castle, a boy and his blob (haha)... I'll never forget the morning I finished Castlevania II.

Did anyone have the "wheel of fortune" cartridge? I remember there used to be an urban legend that if you put the game in the freezer for a while, you would get new puzzles.

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:19 PM   #12
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Oh wow Castlevania II, the best castlevania game in my opinion. That was the RPG Castlevania. I remember in the town right before you reach dracula, if you enter the last building right before you exit the town and go into the basement, there's a hermit down there and if you talk to him he says " Lets live here together "

I had the Rad Racer 3D glasses, I also had Rob the robot which I wish I could find, but the weirdest thing I've ever seen packaged with an NES game, when I bought the Startropics game, it came with a " Letter " from Dr. Jones. It was actually just a piece of brown paper but there was a point in the game where one of the islanders asks you if you got the letter from Dr. Jones and you have to dip the paper into water and if you do that it says the numbers 747, which you have to use in order to complete the game. It seems lame to me now but when I was a little kid it was awesome. Specially since that game is unbelievably hard
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:26 PM   #13
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
yes, Castelvania 2 and mega man 2 are 2 of the (still to this day) greatest video games ever made. castlevania 2 amazed me as a kid, cool music, cool graphics and it was the first somehwhat hard game i ever beat. i still play it to this day every now and then. Mega Man 2 also, loved it for all the same reasons, especially the music and all the minibosses you had to beat

another very underrated game i loved as a kid was The Goonies 2.

man, sequels ruled back then!

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 02:43 PM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Dragon Warrior was good too. But Base Wars kicked some serious ass

YES!
Old 04.24.2006, 03:37 PM   #15
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Haha I knew someone that had Rob the Robot, the Power Glove, and the Power Mat (the exercise thing for the Track & Field game). I always stayed with the more conventional controllers like the standard one, the NES Max, and the Advantage. Gotta love the turbo button.

I just remembered the huge demand there was when Super Mario Bros 3 came out.. man, you couldn't get that game anywhere! Kids were able to make friends based solely on the fact that they possessed a copy of this game. It really was great especially compared to SMB2.

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 03:41 PM   #16
krastian
invito al cielo

Yeah man the NES Max was my baby. That's all I used. If you'd play me you'd get the regular controller...he he.

Old 04.24.2006, 03:43 PM   #17
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Ah the NES. Best videogame device ever created. period

That thing had the best, most enjoyable games EVER. Got it for my 5th birthday, and I'll never get sick of it. All those parents that always complain " They get a new toy and they either brake it immediately or put it in the closet " Ha! I never had that rep

Blaster Master
Megaman
Metroid
Startropics
Guardian Legend
Mario 3
A Boy and His Blob
Zelda I and II
Contra
Solstice

Anyone ever play the Wizards and Warriors games? Those were some of my faves on the system, especially number 1 and Wizards & Warriors: Ironsword. I found every hidden door and every hidden weapon in that whole damn game. That was the only downside to certain NES games, some of them were MINDBOGGLINGLY hard. Like Startropics, Battletoads. I always tell my gamer friends I'll give them 20 bucks if they can beat battletoads

Everything you said + Kirby's Adventure.
Maybe throw in some obscure action RPG's and Kung Fu (can't think of the original title).
Oh yeah, Spy Vs. Spy as well.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 03:47 PM   #18
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Everything you said + Kirby's Adventure.
Maybe throw in some obscure action RPG's and Kung Fu (can't think of the original title).
Oh yeah, Spy Vs. Spy as well.

You mean good ol' Kung Fu?

That was probably the first game I got other than Mario/Duck Hunt.
Old 04.24.2006, 03:59 PM   #19
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Yes! That's it.
I spent many a hour playing that game.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 04:00 PM   #20
Massenvernichtungswaffen
stalker

Massenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's asses
startropics
megaman 1-6
final fantasy
zelda 1
blaster master
dragon warrior I-IV
rad racer

Jeg kysser katastrofer.

Massenvernichtungswaffen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth