Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Question for people who work in customer care jobs or similar
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.06.2007, 06:31 AM   #61
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
"Ping!"

That was the sound of my sympathy for you suddenly evaporating.

ha ha ha-- thanks for sparing me.

truly, cheap haggling customers are a waste of fucking time. it's more expensive to collect from them than to do the actual job.

last time my wife was called to video a wedding they started haggling on the phone for discounts & she told them to fuck off-- well she said it in a more polite manner.

but anyway, it's 530 in the am, i'd better catch some sleep.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2009, 05:29 AM   #62
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Man, I have no patience for rude customers. I'm normally very polite and helpful. If the customer is nice, I'm nice right back. if they're rude, I try to stay professional and ignore it. If they're specifically rude to me (as opposed to a subtle air of rudeness), I initially stay professional but call them out on it. If they continue or are extremely rude, I kick them out of the shop. No second chances. If they get really bad, they can expect to be told off, harshly.

In two particularly bad cases, I've threatened customers with violence. One dude I met outside the shop and then challenged to a fight. He wasn't prepared for that, and didn't take me up on my offer. I still fantasize about hurting him.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2009, 05:39 AM   #63
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i spit on the air to break down the full of smegmapimples clouds above me.

And the award for most hilarious comment in a post in recent times goes to....Nefeli. Priceless.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2009, 03:08 PM   #64
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
My company's IT department has been outsourced to Budapest in Bulgaria.

uhhhhhhhhhhh
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2009, 03:31 PM   #65
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I stay humble, internalize my anger and convert it from static format into positive vibes. People are only assholes because someone let them, and I have decided that I will be more productive with my interactions with assholes, and not be part of a chain of people who facilitate asshole behavior. With what measure you measure out, shall be measured to you. You give what you get, and even if they give you shit, you will only get even more shit for returning the favor. "No matter what the crisis is, stay positive." Pato Banton

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2009, 04:03 PM   #66
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
My favourite thing is to write "You're a fuckwit" in big letters on a piece of paper and show it to the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2009, 04:03 PM   #67
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes I do it to the internet as well. Seriously.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 03.12.2009, 07:24 PM   #68
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I think ive got better, but ive always had a problem with winding people up even when i dont want to. not so much over the phone, but face to face im absolutely hopeless when confronted with a cast iron tosser, so i usually try and remove myself from the situation before i make it worse for all concerned.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2009, 07:31 PM   #69
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I just stare at them rambling on and on, I just say to them well I am not going to deal with you take it up with manager or supervisor. Then I say have a nice day.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2009, 05:42 AM   #70
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
I only hated people who wouldn't get off the phone or wait until their call was finished to talk to me. Instead of asking for name it'd be "guy on the phone" written on their beverage cup. And then I'd slide to bar and call it out. there were never many angry customers at that job. except for the dude who threatened to bash my co workers head in because we were closed and he wanted a frappuccino.

my gawd I need a new retail job. I cannot wait for the excitement. bar slobs, yey!!
Old 03.13.2009, 04:25 PM   #71
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I've worked at the front end of an office supply store for 6 years now. In that time, I've:

-Been yelled at by rednecks thinking I called them liars
-Had an old lady scold me for accidently announcing the wrong price the first time
-Had rich snobs complain to me about having to spend money on gas to come back another time if we don't have something in stock
-Dealt with creepy old guys openly sexually harassing any girls that may be working with me
-Been given tracts and been told "page 9 tells you how to get to heaven"
-Been complianed to about having to sign for an electronic funds transfer
-Been accused of false advertising due to fine print getting blacked out from bad copying
Old 03.13.2009, 07:36 PM   #72
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i had a similar thought yesterday, but with "im away" or smth like this written on the paper. yours is more effective.

Yours is much more poetic. I've sworn at an object, you've asserted a metaphysical absence. You definitely win.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth