Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Girl In A Band: A Memoir
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.17.2015, 04:39 AM   #361
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it's up.
Old 03.17.2015, 09:07 AM   #362
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
It is called sonic youth gossip

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2015, 04:33 PM   #363
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
/thread
Old 03.17.2015, 08:46 PM   #364
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i finished the book today. it was fucking fantastic. the audio version has a boatload of chapters-- like 54 of them. !!

one of them is just kim reading the lyrics of kotton krown.

parts of it were heart-wrenching but i love the way it ended on a high note-- go kim go!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2015, 09:10 PM   #365
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i wonder if that post she mentions in her book is still up on here

http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showpos...1&postcount=27

eta: i think kim didn't read the post correctly-- she says they (chicka) added the quote "some men just want to watch the world burn" but that's his signature-- it wasn't specific to that post. after all someone showed her the post, she says-- yes?
Old 03.18.2015, 08:20 AM   #366
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
this thread has gone too far.

that never happens around here....
Old 03.18.2015, 12:02 PM   #367
whorefrost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the audio version has a boatload of chapters-- like 54 of them. !!

one of them is just kim reading the lyrics of kotton krown.

whoa.. sounds identical to the print version
Old 03.18.2015, 12:16 PM   #368
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
whoa.. sounds identical to the print version

i thought it had so many chapters to help find the audio bits somewhat easier, ha ha. they were super short! i didn't remember chapter numbers in jico's upload of page scans. now i went back there & spotted them.

if you have the print-- does she call godard's movie "pierrot le fou" or "pierre le fou"? i think it's in the x-girl chapter-- in audio she calls it "pierre" (which is wrong). wondering if it is a misprint or a mispronounciation.

one thing i found surprising in the story-- i didn't know they had full time jobs up to so late in their discography! damn!

was left wanting to know how they met lee. he just appears.
Old 03.18.2015, 12:21 PM   #369
whorefrost
invito al cielo

Pierrot le fou
Old 03.18.2015, 12:41 PM   #370
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

thanks!
Old 03.18.2015, 12:58 PM   #371
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Lee is a phantasm of skronk, who appears whenever a true believer needs him to, to help their noise-rock ways.

Lee rules.
Old 03.18.2015, 01:01 PM   #372
whorefrost
invito al cielo

Quote:

one thing i found surprising in the story-- i didn't know they had full time jobs up to so late in their discography! damn!

was left wanting to know how they met lee. he just appears.
Have you read any other SY books brother? Years since I read it but I recall Goodbye 20th Century in particular going into a hell of a lot of detail.
Old 03.18.2015, 01:26 PM   #373
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Have you read any other SY books brother?

no. i've never read "celeb bios," which is why i was puzzled about some of the comments porks made-- i have nothing to compare.

i just bought this book because i liked the writing. i'm simple like that.

Quote:
Years since I read it but I recall Goodbye 20th Century in particular going into a hell of a lot of detail.

now i'm curious!
Old 03.18.2015, 01:53 PM   #374
whorefrost
invito al cielo

Quote:
no. i've never read "celeb bios," which is why i was puzzled about some of the comments porks made-- i have nothing to compare.

i just bought this book because i liked the writing. i'm simple like that.

now i'm curious!
Wow! Had you down as kind of a fanatic as well! No wonder you're curious.. but I'm curious as to the emergence of your curiousity, you're only curious now? You've never thought of picking up an SY bio before? Or maybe Kim's book has whetted your appetite? Hehe
Old 03.18.2015, 02:07 PM   #375
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Wow! Had you down as kind of a fanatic as well! No wonder you're curious.. but I'm curious as to the emergence of your curiousity, you're only curious now? You've never thought of picking up an SY bio before? Or maybe Kim's book has whetted your appetite? Hehe

nah, i'm not a fanatic-- i'm more of a habitual skeptic.

i'm also not a collector of anything-- i lack the patience and the innate fetishism. having adhd, i abandon things quickly when they get boring.

i got curious about the audio book first because it's more casual & less committed than a printed tome, but tjico's pirated scans got me *really* interested in the way she pieced things together.

in the process i found some interesting bits, like how hard is it to make a living as an artist even when you're successful. looks daunting.

it's not joyce's portrait but it's a portrait of an artist and she seems a good one.
Old 03.18.2015, 02:15 PM   #376
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
If yr interested in good writing don't bother with the Goodbye 20th C book, it's full of facts but the style is almost unbearable at times
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2015, 02:24 PM   #377
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

lots of good facts though.

It is very very hard to find a book about bands or music that has "good writing."

Most of it is more utilitarian.
Old 03.18.2015, 02:24 PM   #378
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
A good book if you like David Bowie's records is Hugo Wilken's ''David Bowie's Low''. If you love the album I think this book will make you love it even more.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2015, 02:57 PM   #379
whorefrost
invito al cielo

Quote:
nah, i'm not a fanatic-- i'm more of a habitual skeptic.

Wow, you've racked up a hell of a lot of posts on the Sonic Youth gossip board for a habitual skeptic! :-)
Old 03.18.2015, 03:22 PM   #380
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
https://thehappyreader.com/

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
161718 19 202122 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth