Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Pattern Recognition
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.21.2006, 02:49 PM   #21
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by prijateljice
yeah... btw. I always wondered if it had something to do with the book from Mr. Gibson... does it / or not ?

Yeah that song is about the book, listen to the lyrics "I'm a cool hunter-blazie blah"
Book is awesome if you haven't read it.

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2008, 03:00 PM   #22
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
This song kicks ass because it starts so innocently, just this fairly simple beat and a guitar sliding up to a note. Great Kim voice. I love how one guitar seems a little late in the "You're the one..." part. After the "Can you tell me," and drum fills part, it seems to die out to Steve hitting the rim, but wait! There's more. They build it up and then...we're back to the beginning, with the fairly simple drum beat, the guitar sliding, but this time with the addition of bass. And, of course, lovely freak out at end.

Anyhow, totally satisfying song. I'd probably offer this one if someone wanted to know why SY is great.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2008, 12:23 PM   #23
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
that's a great gig. god they're an unbelievably good band. it's easy to forget just how many good albums they've got. it's such a shame that songs this good only get one or two tours then they've dropped.
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth