Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.16.2013, 07:02 PM   #17421
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
The World's End
Old 10.16.2013, 11:34 PM   #17422
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

What is sad is how for a large part from 1988-1995 in certain parts of Los Angeles, this terrible B-minus made-for-TV style after school special movie was a true fucking story

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2013, 01:44 AM   #17423
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses

Gimme The Loot, 7 or maybe 8 out of 10. A good teenage adventure movie, in the sense that it's the kind of adventure only teenagers have, roaming the streets semi-aimlessly trying to get to a place/get something done and not really having your plans come to fruition but having a more important experience in the process.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2013, 06:06 AM   #17424
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses

Really interesting film, I've never seen the original, just heard things about it, but so many movie sites horror based and otherwise have praised this.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2013, 01:31 PM   #17425
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

I actually enjoyed Nighthawks, its like one of the
few decent Stallone movies,but he doesn't have
to talk much, has a kick ass beard, and we didn't
have to watch Gene Hackman slaughter the French Connection
theme with a terrible French Connection III as this was
originally scripted to be until Gene turned it down. And who
can hate on Billy Dee Williams?

Also watched some Charles Bronson movies
not worth mentioning. Funny thing about Bronson movies
they are every bit as B-minus, bad casting, made-for-tv
produced as most Chris Walken movies, yet, Walken
himself makes these movies become epic, yet Bronson
leaves them as shallow and lame as they actually are.

Old 10.23.2013, 01:45 PM   #17426
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Bronson is like a wooden statue.

hard to believe he was the only one of the dirty 12 that survived.
Old 10.23.2013, 02:12 PM   #17427
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

The funny part, is they try to act like he had all this pimpness and swag with the ladiez, yet, he always came across as somebodies genteel grandfather, not some kind of sex symbol, rather somebody just too damned nice to have sex with people. The chicks always falling for him seemed so damned arbitrarily written into the plot that the movie was over before it began, even with all the shit casting and production. How did this guy have some kind of career? Making Clint Eastwood parody flicks? The 1980s are almost worse than the 1990s in regards to giving shit actors star careers. Almost worse than the 1990s..

Old 10.27.2013, 03:46 PM   #17428
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2013, 08:53 AM   #17429
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2013, 10:03 AM   #17430
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
watched linklater's "before midnight" the other day.

had lots of fun watching it, good dialogue, and probably the best marital argument i've ever seen on the screen. (yes, they are not "married" but they are married all they same-- they have a nest & offspring).

one thing that bugged me after the fact though was the céline character talked too much like an american-- i don't mean just julie delpy's accent which obviously has to sound american since she's spent a long time in hollywood, but rather the content of the dialoge-- e.g., the way she humorlessly tries to hang the guy on a pike in front of everybody else at the table, or her annoying preoccupation with her "fat ass." the former is an established american tradition, the latter strikes me as a highly anglosaxon worry, not so much french. am i wrong here? jesse on the other hand is a tried and true american teenager, from the rocket in his pocket to his time machine story.

thing is though, it doesn't matter that the characters are highly imperfect or culturally accurate-- it was the argument itself that had us cackling and saying "oh hell yes, this shit is true life." highly watchable.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2013, 11:44 AM   #17431
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Watched some flicks while taking care of my dog. Missed wortk for two days cuz dog went crazy and tore up a door and ate wood and paint and shit. we thought she was dying! all better now thank mario. Luckily the cable had some good flicks to while away the days.

Old 10.30.2013, 03:20 PM   #17432
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
The funny part, is they try to act like he had all this pimpness and swag with the ladiez, yet, he always came across as somebodies genteel grandfather, not some kind of sex symbol, rather somebody just too damned nice to have sex with people. The chicks always falling for him seemed so damned arbitrarily written into the plot that the movie was over before it began, even with all the shit casting and production. How did this guy have some kind of career? Making Clint Eastwood parody flicks? The 1980s are almost worse than the 1990s in regards to giving shit actors star careers. Almost worse than the 1990s..

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2013, 06:42 PM   #17433
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Are you saying that you dig Bronson, or that his swag seems authentic?

Btw the way, I love John Carpenter but The Fog is such a terrible fucking movie. What a waste.

Old 10.30.2013, 08:10 PM   #17434
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Are you saying that you dig Bronson, or that his swag seems authentic?

Btw the way, I love John Carpenter but The Fog is such a terrible fucking movie. What a waste.

I do like him and I think for a while he was one of the most authentic/believable tough guys out there, but I'll admit that by the 80s he'd become a bit ridiculous. But then you mention that being a decade when he was making Clint Eastwood parodies which is sort of true (although not really parodies) but then again pretty much what everyone was doing that in the 80s, including Clint Eastwood.

Bronson's movies from the 70s though, stuff like Mr Majestyk, Cold Sweat, were great.

And what's so terrible about The Fog? It's not my fave by Carpenter and the ending's a definite let down but until that point it hardly puts a foot wrong.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2013, 08:22 PM   #17435
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I do like him and I think for a while he was one of the most authentic/believable tough guys out there,

Dude you must be choking on nostalgia, have you re-watched an actual Bronson movie since like 25 years ago, because you may unfortunately discover that they suck. Believe me, its nothing personal against Bronson, its just a kind of reality check.

Quote:

And what's so terrible about The Fog? It's not my fave by Carpenter and the ending's a definite let down but until that point it hardly puts a foot wrong.

If anything, the ending was the only redeeming part, as with most John Carpenter movies, the ending is really the only point. And as with Big Trouble in Little China, The Fog was really pointless up until that point, but unlike as with Big Trouble, the Fog was no where near as entertaining or go for broke campy (e.g. in the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness form).

Carpenter makes The Fog into a morality play on hypocrisy within Christianity, particularly the Catholic Church, as he has in several of his movies, but in this instance, it seems like NONE of the plot developed or enhanced or even built up to this. It was like some kind of "surprise" ending, but the movie itself was not credible enough to sustain it. If you just saw the final 30 minutes, it'd be a better movie in my opinion.

Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New York, Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness, these are great fucking movies, but The Fog I think is a miss. Just meandered too much..

Old 10.30.2013, 09:14 PM   #17436
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hey, hey, suchfriends

YOU'RE WRONG
Old 10.30.2013, 09:18 PM   #17437
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Old 10.30.2013, 09:21 PM   #17438
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i have images turned off so i can't see your dumb meme but

YOU'RE TERMINALLY WRONG.
Old 10.30.2013, 09:30 PM   #17439
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i have images turned off so i can't see your dumb meme

Old 10.30.2013, 09:36 PM   #17440
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i can't see the image again, so i don't know what your mental laziness is attempting to signify, but you're wrong regardless.
772822862869870871 872 873874875882922972 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth