The Wonder
Hyperstation
Eliminator

--------------------------------
Bull (fucked up)
Teenage Riot
--------------------------------
Rocket (unplayed)

It was awesome... Anyone have any pics of that show? If so, can you email them to calder.j[at]gmail.com.

Oh, and my friends who went to marfa (i live 30 min away from there) said it was great, but it was really overcrowded
NINandNirvana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.09.2007, 12:22 PM   #42
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
The Dallas show was good but it seemed even more assholes tunred out for that one.

I got to enjoy two songs and then had to spend the rest of the night tryin not to get killed.

It was so fucked up I had to bounce after their set.

So what did they do for an encore?
Old 10.09.2007, 12:23 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
were you caught in the mosh?
Old 10.09.2007, 02:41 PM   #44
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
I was a human shield tryin to keep people from smashing my girlfriend.
Old 10.09.2007, 02:57 PM   #45
guitarpro
100%

So did anyone tape the Austin or Dallas shows? I got stuff to trade if anyone did.
Old 10.10.2007, 01:45 AM   #46
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://lineout.thestranger.com/2007/...house_of_blues
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 08:14 AM   #47
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpro
I was a human shield tryin to keep people from smashing my girlfriend.

that fucking SUCKS.

sorry to hear it,.
Old 10.10.2007, 12:13 PM   #48
guitarpro
100%

Oh well what can ya do?
Old 10.10.2007, 04:58 PM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I only go to austin shows if the band I love is not playing in Houston
Old 10.10.2007, 08:36 PM   #50
NINandNirvana
empty page

NINandNirvana has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androol
it is but not at stubbs though. thats why ive never been to a night show there once in the ten years ive lived here. ive sat outside there before with sonic youth but other than that the only time i did go was for the free melvins show during the day for sxsw and the same exact thing happened to me. yeah stubbs is a magnet for everything thats wrong with this city, which is that its home to the second largest university in the world.

srsly its because stubbs is all ages. that has to be the only explanation. not to be an ageist or anything but thats the only real difference i can come up with shitty ten years of bands or not.
Hey, I'm 16 and i wasnt a jerk at that show. I even took it upon myself to protect the random girl i was standing next too.

But in all seriousness. I was disapointed, at the start of the show there where about 10 or 12 girls on the rail, by the end all of them but one (the one i was protecting) had either passed out, vomited, or gone with a friend who had done one of those 2. It was seriously lame.
Old 10.10.2007, 10:41 PM   #51
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone at the marfa show get a video or even an audio? I was supposed to be flying out of jacksonville to get to austin around 5:00 friday evening, then a storm came through and I got stuck behind a wreck on the highway three exits from the airport for around a half an hour, just barely missed my flight. So I caught the next flight which put me in san antonio 4:30 sat afternoon, was pulling up at the thunderbird hotel at 10:45 for a show advertised as starting at 10:00 with an opening band. so i was thinking i'd still catch most of the sonic set. turned out they'd moved the show up to 9:00 because of impending rain, so i ended up just catching the encore. so super pissed!!! the chinati open house made it worth while, but still.... arrrgghh!!!
m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2007, 11:23 PM   #52
NINandNirvana
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
the chinati open house made it worth while, but still.... arrrgghh!!!
Please tell me thats a joke. As someone who lives an hour from marfa, i have less than no repect for chinanti.

Anyways, i am not aware of any video as of yet, but i may be able to find some because I have several friends who attended
Old 10.11.2007, 12:42 AM   #53
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
no joke... i got that reaction a lot over the weekend, i got put in that category of "new yorkers with money and other assorted out-of towners who overrun marfa once a year," but i'm interested in your specific reasons for hating the chinati foundation... i'm working on a masters thesis in architecture at the university of florida, and i'm researching gordon matta-clark and his food restaurant as well as donald judd and the chinati. one of my professors was donald judd's architect and an artist in residence at the chinati from 1982-1988.
Old 10.11.2007, 09:17 AM   #54
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Which sadly for those of us living in and around Houston is far too often. Speaking of Houston shows, I plan on checking this out Saturday night. I'm really excited about seeing Turmoil In The Toybox for the first time in well over ten years: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QIOs2f_T1ys

the guys from academy black will be singing dead horse all night! this is like a festival lineup from 1992 houston.

crazy
Old 10.11.2007, 09:18 AM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINandNirvana
Hey, I'm 16 and i wasnt a jerk at that show. I even took it upon myself to protect the random girl i was standing next too.

But in all seriousness. I was disapointed, at the start of the show there where about 10 or 12 girls on the rail, by the end all of them but one (the one i was protecting) had either passed out, vomited, or gone with a friend who had done one of those 2. It was seriously lame.

I saw a girl who gbot REALLY high between the meat puppesta dn the stat of SY just weave and bob and drop to the gravel dirt floor. we helped her up and some dude yelled "get her lightweight ass outta here!"
nice people.
Old 10.11.2007, 03:37 PM   #56
guitarpro
100%

I'm looking for audio from all three TX shows if anyone what's to trade with me.

I hate it when people get hurt at a show I saw one girl get hurt pretty bad blood and all I hope she's ok.
Old 10.11.2007, 04:12 PM   #57
NINandNirvana
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
no joke... i got that reaction a lot over the weekend, i got put in that category of "new yorkers with money and other assorted out-of towners who overrun marfa once a year," but i'm interested in your specific reasons for hating the chinati foundation... i'm working on a masters thesis in architecture at the university of florida, and i'm researching gordon matta-clark and his food restaurant as well as donald judd and the chinati. one of my professors was donald judd's architect and an artist in residence at the chinati from 1982-1988.
I generally dislike the artist and (most) of the art. The artist are holier than thou types. They give the distinct impression that they feel they are better than you in everyway. Also, their pretty damn dumb/annoying.

As for the art, I feel most of it is just silly. The one time i visited i saw exhibits such as a 2 litter soda bottle hung from the roof, and 20 big metal blocks.. That takes very little talent, and it seems like a pseudo art to me.

If its your cup of tea, cool. But I dont really like it, and the "chinants" (chinanti people) alienate the people in the area really easily.

PS, I actually quite like Judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpro
I hate it when people get hurt at a show I saw one girl get hurt pretty bad blood and all I hope she's ok.
Was it a nose bleed? I saw that girl up front, she had an awful nose bleed and then later on she passed out.
Old 10.11.2007, 10:44 PM   #58
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

NINandNirvana - the big ego types with the holier than thou attitude are the ones who get the grants and the recognition... they are also the ones who give a bad name to things that would be a lot cooler if everybody didn't take it so seriously... just my opinion.

another professor, when he found out i had just come back from marfa, jealously asked, "did you see sonic youth?"
Old 10.12.2007, 01:46 AM   #59
lucehifener
empty page

lucehifener has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
In the Sonic Sharing section, I've got a link to my recording of the show. Just look for Sonic Youth at Stubb's in Austin. Check it out, and thank the band please. They're too cool when it comes to recording, and they should know we appreciate it. Later.
lucehifener is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2007, 10:32 PM   #60
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

marfa?

anybody tape it?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth