Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston Moore - Free/Love Cassette
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.06.2007, 06:48 PM   #21
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
This is not my rip but I would thought I would share for others...

http://www.mediafire.com/?61wecjtymwx

Yup, this is the same version that I came across on SoulSeek. It has the same sort of clicks and pops as my old Deep Purple In Rock cassette--purchased in 1980!!! If this was originally ripped/uploaded from a truly non-defective copy, all I can say is that only Thurston Moore is so retro-minded that he can make a new release sound like it's a worn-out 27-year old cassette!!!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to upload. Nice try.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2007, 09:06 AM   #22
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetengine
Yup, this is the same version that I came across on SoulSeek. It has the same sort of clicks and pops as my old Deep Purple In Rock cassette--purchased in 1980!!! If this was originally ripped/uploaded from a truly non-defective copy, all I can say is that only Thurston Moore is so retro-minded that he can make a new release sound like it's a worn-out 27-year old cassette!!!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to upload. Nice try.

Certainly Thurston is NOT the only retro minded one to record lo-fi cassette stuff... there are plenty of others and its been going on way before he was doing it. you can get the same effect of an old worn out cassette by using the junkiest portable cassette recorder placed in front of an amp and then duplicate several times to create more tape hiss on a junky boombox.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth