Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page This Is Interesting
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.11.2006, 06:46 PM   #1
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
I just saw this on the news.

60% of Americans believed that sending troops to Vietnam was a bad idea at the height of its opposition

and at the moment

62% of Americans believe that sending troops to Iraq is a bad idea.

I would hate to be a soldier right now... What a terrible thought that you're going thousands of miles away from your family for months at a time for something that you're countrymen don't even approve of.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
It must be weird.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2006, 08:19 PM   #3
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
One of my employers that I work for has recently returned from Iraq. I asked him "What was it like?" and he replied "Boring."
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2006, 09:53 PM   #4
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
My friend's dad is in afghanistan as we speak, and my friend was planning on going for this winter, but he doesn't have all his MP training completed. He's able to drive Military Police cars though, and he's 18 and younger than me, it's insane. I was against the idea of course, but he was brought up in a military family and thought it was a great idea.
Old 12.11.2006, 10:02 PM   #5
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
my brother who is 17 is joining the reserves soon.
Old 12.11.2006, 10:58 PM   #6
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
I just saw this on the news.

60% of Americans believed that sending troops to Vietnam was a bad idea at the height of its opposition

and at the moment

62% of Americans believe that sending troops to Iraq is a bad idea.

I would hate to be a soldier right now... What a terrible thought that you're going thousands of miles away from your family for months at a time for something that you're countrymen don't even approve of.

What's more odd is that people were drafted to fight in Vietnam and faced a horrible time at home with people attacking them as murderers. The troops in Iraq are all volunteers (aside from economics of course) and yet the most lefty people around will say they support the troops if not the mission. Pretty damn weird change of public perception really.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth