Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The NME Awards.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.28.2010, 02:06 PM   #41
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Shall I re-iterate that I had a subscription for 5 years? I'm pretty sure Herr Death did, and probably for longer (as he's a smidge older than me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 02:12 PM   #42
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm not trying to suggest anything - I have no investment in either. You were saying that pitchfork (which is shit) was less important than the NME (which is also shit) based on its popularity. Pitchfork is empirically the more popular. And just as it probably gets multiple hits from the same people, do you not think that's the same with NME's demographic?

Melody Maker went under because it ceased to be popular, or rather, it ceased to be economically viable. In fact, MM didn't 'go under' per se but was consolidated by IPC into the NME. At the time, weekly music papers were taking a massive hit, and rather than have both flounder, IPC elected to move its operations under one roof.

I have no idea why Plan B went under - probably because it ceased to be popular.

The NME is no-where near as popular as it once was. Just as recently as the late 90s, the NME was one of very few places to go for information on music. Now, it's just another vastly diminished organ which is performing incredibly badly.

If you are trying to make a point other than your assumed superiority on the basis of your preference for a no-longer-essential music mag (to which, I should note, I had a subscription for 5 years), could you make it a little clearer? Or fuck off. Either's good.

Who are you to say it's a "no-longer-essential" mag? Talk about over-opinionated toss from an ignorant, self-absorbed retard.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 02:18 PM   #43
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm basing that solely on the fact that, when I was reading the NME, there was literally no-where else to get information on certain bands. There was a healthy fanzine scene, certainly, but even so you were dependant upon access to those 'zines. MM and NME had a lot of crossover, but there was still a lot of music that one would cover and the other wouldn't. Today, if I want to find out what the singer from Perfume is up to, or whether Johnny Menswear still drinks in the Good Mixer, there's thousands of places I can find out without having to resort to the NME. I realise you're young, and incredibly thick-skinned, but can you understand what I'm saying, or would you like me to to put it into 'paragraphs' of fewer than 6 words/ 2 sentences with the object noun in bold, a la the NME's 'journalists'?

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 02.28.2010, 02:26 PM   #44
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Yadda yadda yadda.
Old 02.28.2010, 02:32 PM   #45
Glice
invito al cielo

Oh, you're bereft of a point, or the means of arguing? Sorry, I didn't realise. How terrible for you. My thoughts are with your (doubtless long-suffering/ down-syndrome) family.

Quote:
Old 02.28.2010, 02:37 PM   #46
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

You're an overbearing bore who talks absolute crap who is best ignored.
Old 02.28.2010, 02:42 PM   #47
Glice
invito al cielo

Do you still have a danger helmet for when you're using crayons?

Quote:
Old 02.28.2010, 02:45 PM   #48
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Shall I re-iterate that I had a subscription for 5 years? I'm pretty sure Herr Death did, and probably for longer (as he's a smidge older than me).
I stopped buying the magazine long after I thought it was shit.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 02:47 PM   #49
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
why don't we ask chabib to ban him. he is a universally hated moron who tries to slag off other people and waste time in pointless little troll fights. an absolute drain of energy who wastes everyones time and makes a mess of every thread he posts in. all he is doing is trying to drag you down and feed off your reaction to him being a blatant idiotic ass.

let's ban him now so we don't have to deal with one more post.

im going to pm chabib.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 02:51 PM   #50
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Don't, please.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 02:51 PM   #51
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

"Saint" ni'k is off again. What a crashing bore.
Old 02.28.2010, 02:51 PM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

No need for that, old chap. He's moderately amusing, and I think he's one of those trolls-in-denial, which are usually the funniest. He's not posted anything exceptionally racist, misogynistic, homophobic or otherwise odious (certainly less so than many here).

EDIT: To ni'k.

Quote:
Old 02.28.2010, 02:55 PM   #53
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

They're fave weeklies got buried by the NME, hence their hateful, vitriolic, childish flames. Get over it.
Old 02.28.2010, 02:58 PM   #54
Glice
invito al cielo

*their.

Who are you talking to, by the way? My favourite weekly was the NME. But that was over a decade ago.

Quote:
Old 02.28.2010, 02:58 PM   #55
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
he certainly has been homophobic to me.

he's not even a remotely funny troll. he comes into a thread, the more of an actual discussion the better, and then starts to insult people, so he can feed off their reaction. this seems to be the only way he knows of to get attention. other than regurgitated mainstream pop culture trivia.

this could be moderately amusing if he at once ever succeeded in at least one insult or comeback that was even slightly witty or funny. but no.

but hey - kis. even for your own sake, do you not think it would be better to stop posting here? i mean, surely there are better places for you than a board were you are universally disliked. i know you are a repugnant right wing middle england parody troll but even so, you must have some sort of humanity, all right wingers do, albeit buried under a confused cascade of guilt and inchoate rage, projected at all the wrong targets. you can't really not want more from people, even if they are just internet people, than utter revulsion can you? there must be some other place were people might be on a similar wavelength, and you could grow as a person, and they might also feel your injustice at the pseuditry of the world, and shout "amen brother!", and crown you king of the anti pseuds, and you can regress further and further in your own cesspool of ultra dumb.

i would actually enjoy having a right winger post here if they were actually prepared to be anything more than a troll, or even capable, which kis is not.
Old 02.28.2010, 02:59 PM   #56
Glice
invito al cielo

In fairness, gays are sick and wrong and cursed with eternal damnation.

Quote:
Old 02.28.2010, 03:07 PM   #57
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:

coming from you that's just cute.
Old 02.28.2010, 03:09 PM   #58
Glice
invito al cielo

Where's my blushing emoticon?

Quote:
Old 02.28.2010, 03:10 PM   #59
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

that's why they're the best.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 03:14 PM   #60
Glice
invito al cielo

What a haggy trout you are.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth