Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I wish I had preordered REBIRTH thru Amazon
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.17.2009, 08:16 AM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Just saying. I'm gonna be pissed if the album gets scrapped or a completely new tracklisting or something. It's this kind of leak bullshit that kept "Feel Like Dying" off of THA CARTER III.
Old 12.17.2009, 12:28 PM   #2
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
To be fair, there's a high chance it will be terrible anyway.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 01:09 PM   #3
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
yes and no. I have this thing about how terrible concept albums are awesome in their own way. I mean, it's at least interesting to me already. It's like career suicide. Except he's too big to actually kill his career. It's a really weird, bad and fascinating move.
Old 12.17.2009, 01:13 PM   #4
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
But have you heard the tracks he's dropped?
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 12.17.2009, 01:41 PM   #5
noisereductions
invito al cielo

of course I have.

alright, I'll explain it like this... if he made a bad album of tracks where he was rapping over usual rap beats, then that would be a bad album to me.

But if he makes a bad album where he's trying to play guitar and write emo lyrics, then that's at least really weird and interesting to me.

It's like, KISS making their disco album. That's way more interesting than just a bad KISS album.
Old 12.17.2009, 02:37 PM   #6
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Fair enough. This kind of has the potential to be the Tin Machine of rap I guess.
Old 12.17.2009, 02:52 PM   #7
noisereductions
invito al cielo

or Metal Machine Music.
or Whitey Album.
or Glitter.
Old 12.17.2009, 03:01 PM   #8
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Well, it's kind of the opposite of MM, seeing as it's a crazy move towards a popular trend, as opposed to completely away from it.
Old 12.17.2009, 03:14 PM   #9
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yeah, when I first typed it, I typed Metal Machine Music (in reverse), but I knew you'd get what I was saying.
Old 12.17.2009, 04:07 PM   #10
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
I find it interesting that he plays most of the instruments on the album. It's a new sound for what its worth

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 05:06 PM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
It's like, KISS making their disco album. That's way more interesting than just a bad KISS album.

Kiss making a disco album would definitely be more interesting than a good Kiss album. Did this actually happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 06:02 PM   #12
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

I believe he's referring to Dynasty? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGNLo8K6Fk
Old 12.17.2009, 08:34 PM   #13
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Kiss making a disco album would definitely be more interesting than a good Kiss album. Did this actually happen?

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...0:f9fyxql5ld6e

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth