Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Revelation from Thom Yorke!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.11.2010, 11:15 PM   #61
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
what do you mean dangerous? but the internet says the home whitening kit is just as good! the internet can't be lying!

don't mock my videoing skills.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2010, 11:19 PM   #62
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
there was some article were they got a doc to test all the home whitening kits and he said everyone was either dangerous or just not going to work whatsoever.

there must be something that works.

i dont want to get it done by a dentist because i could never afford that and it looks TOO white, you look like you give a fuck.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2010, 11:22 PM   #63
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i know what you mean, sometimes it's scaringly white.

someone said rub sodium bicarbonate on them, but that sounds dangerous.

these whitening formulas seem to be the same formula as hair bleach?

Old 06.11.2010, 11:25 PM   #64
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the sodium bicarbonate thing does not sound like a good idea. you would need to do some googling first.

dont know about the bleach, but probably.

im going to bed now.

but i will do some heavy googling tommorow.

see if between us we cant find some cheapass solution.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2010, 03:24 AM   #65
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like over half of what's popular right now, even in the hip, "underground" circles, but I also don't like the idea of not being able to make a decent living off of playing music. If you want to think I'm a greedy soulless bastard for feeling this way, then fuck you. I don't think it's too much to ask that I should be able to get paid to do what I like best and the thing I'm most good at doing like hundreds of others before me have the past. Why should I be denied that chance just because I'm living in the digital era?

In my band, we are poor. So poor we can't afford a van to take our drummer's set out to play shows, and as a result we barely practice because it's not worth the cost of gas money to practice just for the sake of the 3 of us playing music together and getting tighter as band. We don't party that much, so it's not like we're blowing all our money on booze, drugs, and hookers. It's more because our singer insists on giving out CDs and free MP3 downloads with the hope that it'll bring more people to the shows, but it doesn't and the rare times we do play a show almost nobody shows up and we almost never make a decent amount of money from it.

The sad (for some) truth of the world is that everything comes with a cost, including art. Museums and movie theaters charge for admission. Even if you're filesharing, you still paid for the computer/media player you listen to the music through, and the internet connection.

I don't know; I'm probably just rambling at this point since I'm a little intoxicated and I've been up since 7:30 this (yesterday) morning. All I know is I'm getting REALLY FUCKING TIRED of putting up with shit to make a living. I love Radiohead, but what Thom is insinuating here kinda pisses me off.
Old 06.12.2010, 05:28 AM   #66
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
I sometimes wish it was the early 90s. Because I think being a teenager back then seems more fun than being one now. Also, because I could wear anything with boots and a shitload of eyeliner. Also, because it was ok not to like things and listen to depressive/angry music without being called a goth or prescribed prozac.

what's wrong with being called a goth
Old 06.12.2010, 08:08 AM   #67
knox
invito al cielo

I really don't know! People wanna use it as a insult tho.

Old 06.12.2010, 08:17 AM   #68
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I don't like over half of what's popular right now, even in the hip, "underground" circles, but I also don't like the idea of not being able to make a decent living off of playing music. If you want to think I'm a greedy soulless bastard for feeling this way, then fuck you. I don't think it's too much to ask that I should be able to get paid to do what I like best and the thing I'm most good at doing like hundreds of others before me have the past. Why should I be denied that chance just because I'm living in the digital era?

In my band, we are poor. So poor we can't afford a van to take our drummer's set out to play shows, and as a result we barely practice because it's not worth the cost of gas money to practice just for the sake of the 3 of us playing music together and getting tighter as band. We don't party that much, so it's not like we're blowing all our money on booze, drugs, and hookers. It's more because our singer insists on giving out CDs and free MP3 downloads with the hope that it'll bring more people to the shows, but it doesn't and the rare times we do play a show almost nobody shows up and we almost never make a decent amount of money from it.

The sad (for some) truth of the world is that everything comes with a cost, including art. Museums and movie theaters charge for admission. Even if you're filesharing, you still paid for the computer/media player you listen to the music through, and the internet connection.

I don't know; I'm probably just rambling at this point since I'm a little intoxicated and I've been up since 7:30 this (yesterday) morning. All I know is I'm getting REALLY FUCKING TIRED of putting up with shit to make a living. I love Radiohead, but what Thom is insinuating here kinda pisses me off.

I don't mean to be a bitch. But I once again I think what he is insinuating is misunderstood. He's simply saying: if you wanna make some money, don't sign contracts with major labels.

Now the first paragraph. It may seem unfair that you are 'denied' the chance when hundreds of others made a living/fortune playing music. Well, for every one of those artists you mentioned, there were thousand others who did not have a chance to even record anything. Because back then, the choice was completely up to the labels. So, the harsh reality is that your chances are better now.

Most museums and art theathers I know do not charge anything. And when they do, it's donation or really insignificant fee. I've never been to a gallery of exclusively new artists that charges anything at all: they want people to get to know these artists.

Mind you, I can think of very few people who manage to make a living out of painting.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth