Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Shooting at Virginia Tech campus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.17.2007, 09:55 AM   #261
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Did i say that? No. But you can't deny that a lot of movies are filled with tons of unnecessary violence + the whole fucking small war on terrorism seems more and more violent propaganda to scare the shit off people. Nefeli pointed out, rightly, that there is also an issue of education.

Don't get me wrong. I also disagree with all the violence that we get fed day in and day out.
It's a reflection of our times, I suppose. It's also easier to get access to graphic images of violence nowadays.

Ps: Nefeli's always right.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 10:01 AM   #262
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Don't get me wrong. I also disagree with all the violence that we get fed day in and day out.
It's a reflection of our times, I suppose. Also it's easier to get access to graphic images of violence.

Ps: Nefeli's always right.

One thing that is apparent in our culture is certainly the lack of wanting to fight back. And by this i don't mean painting your face green and jumping up and down on the street like an idiot, but proper 'give back what's mine' sort of fighting. For all the violence that we are fed, we have mostly become wimps, easily scared by what we are told is true, when in fact it isn't.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 10:07 AM   #263
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
We've been numbed by the violence, so to speak. Overkill.
Wusses is what we've become. No backbone.
Old 04.17.2007, 10:10 AM   #264
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
For all the violence that we are fed, we have mostly become wimps, easily scared by what we are told is true, when in fact it isn't.

this is exactly what makes me worry. not that I disbelieve that all this shit happened, but I don't think the government is above orchestrating events toward their own ends (and what benefits the government rarely benefits me).

how much of what we see and hear is designed to turn us into sheep?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 10:11 AM   #265
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
There's definitely an agenda to keep people scared. That's for sure.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 10:20 AM   #266
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
culture of fear. distrust thiose that are different. hate the new, the status quo is all that matters, keep things from changing. change is bad. change is evil, even.

that is what the peopel who are currently rich and powerful want the 90% of us who are NOT rich nor powerful to think. it makes us easier to control. never questioning anything. never asking why. never confronting thsoe that feed us this bullshit.
Old 04.17.2007, 10:29 AM   #267
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
culture of fear. distrust thiose that are different. hate the new, the status quo is all that matters, keep things from changing. change is bad. change is evil, even.

"Airstrip One is always at war with Eurasia"
"Airstrip One has never been at war with Eurasia"

Back on topic: According to the news here, the guy responsible for the massacre was yet another jilted loser with a grudge. Jesus wept...
Old 04.17.2007, 10:31 AM   #268
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Aah, so clearly people who are in love should not be allowed to have guns.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 10:42 AM   #269
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Aah, so clearly people who are in love should not be allowed to have guns.

More like obsessed if you ask me.
Old 04.17.2007, 10:48 AM   #270
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Love in its early stages pretty much is obsession, isn't it?

(Note - I was briefly inspired by that thought to start a thread "Is love a mental illness?", but decided to save it for another day)
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 10:51 AM   #271
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
(Note - I was briefly inspired by that thought to start a thread "Is love a mental illness?", but decided to save it for another day)

Gives me time to think about it. Thanks.
Old 04.17.2007, 10:51 AM   #272
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Civilization is social order promoting cultural creation. Four elements constitute it: economic provision, political organization, moral traditions and the pursuit of knowledge and the arts. It begins where chaos and insecurity end. For when fear is overcome, curiosity and constructiveness are free, and man passes by natural impulse towards the understanding and embellishment of life.
- Will Durant
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 01:13 PM   #273
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
so the killer has been identified. turns out he had a history of mental illness which included depression, stalking women and disturbing violent fantasies and had been in counselling. when he bought his guns no background check was done.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 03:16 PM   #274
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, it's a tragedy but does it really surprise anyone? Who is even phased by school shootings. They're too common. Boring. These kids need to step up their game. Give me something unique.
Old 04.17.2007, 03:29 PM   #275
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
How about this?

During whatever waiting period to get a firearm, one must sign over their search and seizure rights.

The police could search the property of those waiting to get firearms at their discretion, or maybe just at random.

Just going by prior arrest or mental health history, or giving psychological questionaires are not doing the screening process justice and isn't getting the job done.

So, if Johnny goes to the pawn shop for a gun and the cops search his property and turn up a deck of serial killer training cards or he has a nazi flag or something, then Johnny's request to own a gun is obviously turned down.
Old 04.17.2007, 03:36 PM   #276
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
How about this?

During whatever waiting period to get a firearm, one must sign over their search and seizure rights.

The police could search the property of those waiting to get firearms at their discretion, or maybe just at random.

Just going by prior arrest or mental health history, or giving psychological questionaires are not doing the screening process justice and isn't getting the job done.

So, if Johnny goes to the pawn shop for a gun and the cops search his property and turn up a deck of serial killer training cards or he has a nazi flag or something, then Johnny's request to own a gun is obviously turned down.

People will say that violates the right to bear arms shit. They'll say "nazis can have guns too!"
Old 04.17.2007, 03:41 PM   #277
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600

granted, sometimes drastic measures are called for, but I can't believe you're advocating that!

sure you could say "don't like it, don't buy a gun", but I insist that won't stop the wrong types of people from getting black market weapons. the street value will simply go up.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 04:11 PM   #278
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
If just one of those students or teachers had been carrying the event might have been nipped in the bud.

"one must sign over their search and seizure rights"
you think the cops are going to protect you? Look behind a tree or a vehicle, thats where you'll find the cops.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 04:46 PM   #279
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Yeah probably, tesla 69... like the guy in the shopping mall in Wyoming (was it?) that took out that teen with a duffel bag full of ammo after he killed a few innocent people.

Old 04.18.2007, 02:13 AM   #280
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
People really need to live their own lives. It was a horrible incident, but watching the news about it for two weeks nonstop and talking about it nonstop like everyone is doing will only make you more upset and ultimately, you'll care even less about what happened.

It happened, it was horrible, happened right as I was in the middle of reading " Dune Messiah " too. But I still finished it, and greatly enjoyed it. I'm still happy it's gonna finally warm up this weekend in the North East, and I still enjoyed hanging out with my friends today. And it's feels so good to know there is nothing wrong with that. Whatever happened to looking on the bright side?
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 15161724 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth