Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.22.2007, 08:04 AM   #1701
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
but thats.....so..wrong...
Old 05.22.2007, 08:05 AM   #1702
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
i forgot Joe Strummer

jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 08:06 AM   #1703
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Ohhh god.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 08:45 AM   #1704
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i quit.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 08:51 AM   #1705
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
still can never beat

what a nike swoosh kick to the balls
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 01:06 PM   #1706
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Diamonds tell tale of comet that killed off the cavemen

Scientists will outline dramatic evidence this week that suggests a comet exploded over the Earth nearly 13,000 years ago, creating a hail of fireballs that set fire to most of the northern hemisphere.

Primitive Stone Age cultures were destroyed and populations of mammoths and other large land animals, such as the mastodon, were wiped out. The blast also caused a major bout of climatic cooling that lasted 1,000 years and seriously disrupted the development of the early human civilisations that were emerging in Europe and Asia.

Article continues
'This comet set off a shock wave that changed Earth profoundly,' said Arizona geophysicist Allen West. 'It was about 2km-3km in diameter and broke up just before impact, setting off a series of explosions, each the equivalent of an atomic bomb blast. The result would have been hell on Earth. Most of the northern hemisphere would have been left on fire.'

The theory is to be outlined at the American Geophysical Union meeting in Acapulco, Mexico. A group of US scientists that include West will report that they have found a layer of microscopic diamonds at 26 different sites in Europe, Canada and America. These are the remains of a giant carbon-rich comet that crashed in pieces on our planet 12,900 years ago, they say. The huge pressures and heat triggered by the fragments crashing to Earth turned the comet's carbon into diamond dust. 'The shock waves and the heat would have been tremendous,' said West. 'It would have set fire to animals' fur and to the clothing worn by men and women. The searing heat would have also set fire to the grasslands of the northern hemisphere. Great grazing animals like the mammoth that had survived the original blast would later have died in their thousands from starvation. Only animals, including humans, that had a wide range of food would have survived the aftermath.'

The scientists point out that archaeological evidence shows that early Stone Age cultures clearly suffered serious setbacks at this time. In particular, American Stone Age hunters, descendants of the hunter-gatherers who had migrated to the continent from Asia, vanished around this time.

These people were some of the fiercest hunters on Earth, men and women who made magnificent stone spearheads which they used to hunt animals including the mammoth. Their disappearance at this time has been a cause of intense debate, with climate change being put forward as a key explanation. Now there is a new idea: the first Americans were killed by a comet.

It was not just America that bore the brunt of the comet crash. At this time, the Earth was emerging from the last Ice Age. The climate was slowly warming, though extensive ice fields still covered higher latitudes. The disintegrating comet would have plunged into these ice sheets, causing widespread melting. These waters would have poured into the Atlantic, disrupting its currents, including the Gulf stream. The long-term effect was a 1,000-year cold spell that hit Europe and Asia.

The comet theory, backed by observational evidence collected by the team, has excited considerable attention from other researchers, following publication of an outline report of the work in Nature

'The magnitude of this discovery is so important,' team member James Kennett, of the University of California, Santa Barbara, told the journal. 'It explains three of the highest-debated controversies of recent decades.'

These are the sudden disappearance of the first Stone Age people of America, the disappearance of mammoths throughout much of Europe and America and the sudden cooling of the planet, an event known as the Younger-Dryas period. Various theories have been put forward to explain these occurrences, but now scientists believe they have found a common cause in a comet crash. However, the idea is still controversial and the theory is bedevilled by problems in obtaining accurate dates for the different events.

'We still have a long way to go,' admitted West. 'But we have a great deal of evidence, from many sites, so this is quite a powerful case that we are making.'

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 01:49 PM   #1707
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
http://profile.myspace.com/quintorigo
listen to their Kraftwerk's cover.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 02:19 PM   #1708
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
I bet the dead guys still got the money from that comercial. Courntey probably wanted 1000000 bucks for Kurts.
Old 05.22.2007, 05:19 PM   #1709
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
...and while we're on the subject of biscuits, am I the only person who thinks that these so-called 'bourbons' are terribly over-rated? They barely taste of chocolate at all and to be quite frank even the expensive ones taste like you're being palmed off with cheap rubbish. Give me a good old hard-working English digestive any time. Without chocolate.

There. I've said it.

Old 05.22.2007, 05:25 PM   #1710
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I'd rather eat a regular digestive than a chocolate digestive. That said, I think bourbons are great on a cold winter day.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2007, 05:29 PM   #1711
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

I'm not convinced on the bourbon front.

Do you have any evidence with which to back up your somewhat exstravagant bourbon claim? Or is this 'great in winter' story simply a web of deceit, designed to distract from the facts of the case ie that bourbons are a bit crap?

Old 05.22.2007, 05:37 PM   #1712
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

By the way Danny, do you have special plans for tomorrow night's game?

Old 05.22.2007, 05:38 PM   #1713
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
[Python-Dev] Copyrights and licensing (was ... something irrelevant)

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:31:18 -0500
Previous message: [Python-Dev] Re: Most everything is busted
Next message: [Python-Dev] Re: Copyrights and licensing (was ... something irrelevant)
Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
[Martin von Loewis]
> I'd like to get an "official" clarification on this question. Is it
> the case that patches containing copyright notices are only accepted
> if they are accompanied with license information?

It's nigh unto impossible to get Guido to pay attention to these kinds of
issues until after it's too late -- guess who's still trying to get an FSF
approved license for Python 1.6 <wink>.

What I intend to push for is that nothing be accepted except under the
understanding that copyright is assigned to the Python Software Foundation;
but, since that doesn't exist yet, we're in limbo.

> I agree that the changes are minor, I also believe that I hold the
> copyright to the changes whether I attach a notice or not (at least
> according to our local copyright law).

Under U.S. law too. The difference is that, without an explicit copyright
notice, it's a lot easier to get lawyers to ignore that reality <0.3 wink>.
When the PSF does come into being, the lawyers will doubtless make us hassle
everyone with an explicit copyright notice into signing reams of paperwork.
It's a drain on time and money for all concerned, IMO, with no real payback.

> What concerns me that without such a notice, gencodec.py looks as if
> CNRI holds the copyright to it. I'm not willing to assign the
> copyright of my changes to CNRI, and I'd like to avoid the impression
> of doing so.

Understood, and with sympathy. Since the status of JPython/Jython is still
muddy, I urged Finn Bock to put his own copyright notice on his Jython work
for exactly the same reason (i.e., to prevent CNRI claiming it later).

Seems to me, though, that it may simplify life down the road if, whenever an
author felt a similar need to assert copyright explicitly, they list Guido
as the copyright holder. He's not going to screw Python! And it's
inevitable that all Python copyrights will eventually be owned by him and/or
the PSF anyway.

But, for God's sake, whatever you do, *please* (anyone) don't make us look
at a unique license! We're not lawyers, but we've been paying lawyers out
of our own pockets to do this crap, and it's expensive and time-consuming.
If you can't trust Guido to do a Right Thing with your code, Python is
better off without it over the long haul.

> What is even more concerning is that CNRI also holds the copyright to
> the generated files, even though they are derived from information
> made available by the Unicode consortium!

It's no concern to me -- but then I'm not paranoid <wink>.

cnri-and-the-uc-can-fight-it-out-if-it-comes-to-that-ly y'rs - tim
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 02:01 AM   #1714
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Buffalo infested rat anus puked out of a flamingo's butthole
Old 05.23.2007, 03:55 AM   #1715
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 10:49 AM   #1716
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going home now, you will all be pleased to hear. I am sorry for pissing about so much today. The boss has been out of the office all day, and I've been a little bit over-excited.

PS - I agree with Hip Priest about the Bourbons.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2007, 02:17 PM   #1717
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSBJP8CjVss

Buaaaah my first youtube upload! check it!
Old 05.24.2007, 02:33 PM   #1718
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

We're all fucking squirels
Old 05.24.2007, 02:47 PM   #1719
nicfit
invito al cielo

hm. "they were all fucking squirrels", i suppose.
Old 05.24.2007, 03:02 PM   #1720
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Yes, they were fucking squirrels
76838485 86 878889961361865861086 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth