Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.04.2007, 01:39 PM   #2641
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

There is a fascinating theory that says the human face, like the brain, is bi-polar. One side of your face, the theory goes, shows the side of your personality that you present to the world, the social construction. The other side reveals more about your inner, hidden, private self.

This has nothing to do with what psychiatrists now like to call "bipolar disorder," which is pretty much the same as what they used to call manic depressive psychosis. This is a different idea entirely which grows out of the fact that the brain is made up of two separate cerebral hemispheres connected by a band of fibers of nerve tissue called the corpus callosum.

In the early 20th Century doctors found they could stop epileptic seizures by cutting the connection between the hemispheres. The subjects could continue remarkably well with the main connection between the two hemispheres cut, but there were some strange side effects.

In one experiment a person with his cord cut was given a spatial mechanical problem to solve and was told to only use his right hand. The left hand, which represented the right brain, was more spatially intelligent. Experiments have tended to show that in general the right side of the brain (corresponding to the left side of the body) is the more creative, dreamier, side. The left brain (right body) is the more rational side, more adept at linear thinking.

In the experiment, the left hand actually kept trying to take the puzzle from the right hand and solve the problem. The subject could not stop the left hand from interfering until finally he sat on it.

From many varying experiments on the brain, the left brain-right brain theories were formulated. I saw a study once that described how one could analyze faces from the bipolar standpoint and get some interesting results.

If you look at Bush's face in this context, it is immediately striking how different the two sides look. If you block off one side or the other from your vision and only look at one half of the face, you see a very different face on one side from what is on the other.

On the right side of the picture above -- the socially constructed, outwardly directed side, we see the famous Bush smirk. It is a little chimp-like, a little mischievous. It's cocky and defiant, but more or less friendly about it.

On the left side of the face, the side that represents the unconscious, the deeper levels of the personality, the hidden, private side, there is no smirk. If you block off the left side of the picture and look only at the left side of his face, there is no trace of a smile. There is no warmth, none of the familiar, friendly fratboy we have come to know.

Instead on the left side of the face, you see a cold stare. A deep hollow stare that looks right through you. The end of the mouth turns down sharply, in stark contrast to the right side, on which his mouth turns up a bit.

In Mark Crispin Miller's Bush Dyslexicon he says he discovered through a study of Bush's habits of language that under the surface of the funny, backslapping, gladhanding, nicknaming, cheerleading guy, somewhat goofy and not particularly cerebral, there is another much darker, more determined, cagier, personality lurking. It is the right side of the face where you can see a flicker of the soul of Nixon.

-- By David Cogswell
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2007, 09:48 PM   #2642
thindarkduke13
bad moon rising

thindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's asses
I just read Wuthering Heights, and I can't get it out of my head. Great, great book. I'm gonna read more. Maybe some Faulkner. And some Byron.
Find the last poor Preterite one . . .
Till the Riders sleep by ev'ry road,
All through our crippl'd Zone,
With a face in ev'ry Mountainside
And a Soul in ev'ry stone

Now Everybody -
thindarkduke13 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2007, 11:14 PM   #2643
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh

There is a fascinating theory that says the human face, like the brain, is bi-polar. One side of your face, the theory goes, shows the side of your personality that you present to the world, the social construction. The other side reveals more about your inner, hidden, private self.

This has nothing to do with what psychiatrists now like to call "bipolar disorder," which is pretty much the same as what they used to call manic depressive psychosis. This is a different idea entirely which grows out of the fact that the brain is made up of two separate cerebral hemispheres connected by a band of fibers of nerve tissue called the corpus callosum.

In the early 20th Century doctors found they could stop epileptic seizures by cutting the connection between the hemispheres. The subjects could continue remarkably well with the main connection between the two hemispheres cut, but there were some strange side effects.

In one experiment a person with his cord cut was given a spatial mechanical problem to solve and was told to only use his right hand. The left hand, which represented the right brain, was more spatially intelligent. Experiments have tended to show that in general the right side of the brain (corresponding to the left side of the body) is the more creative, dreamier, side. The left brain (right body) is the more rational side, more adept at linear thinking.

In the experiment, the left hand actually kept trying to take the puzzle from the right hand and solve the problem. The subject could not stop the left hand from interfering until finally he sat on it.

From many varying experiments on the brain, the left brain-right brain theories were formulated. I saw a study once that described how one could analyze faces from the bipolar standpoint and get some interesting results.

If you look at Bush's face in this context, it is immediately striking how different the two sides look. If you block off one side or the other from your vision and only look at one half of the face, you see a very different face on one side from what is on the other.

On the right side of the picture above -- the socially constructed, outwardly directed side, we see the famous Bush smirk. It is a little chimp-like, a little mischievous. It's cocky and defiant, but more or less friendly about it.

On the left side of the face, the side that represents the unconscious, the deeper levels of the personality, the hidden, private side, there is no smirk. If you block off the left side of the picture and look only at the left side of his face, there is no trace of a smile. There is no warmth, none of the familiar, friendly fratboy we have come to know.

Instead on the left side of the face, you see a cold stare. A deep hollow stare that looks right through you. The end of the mouth turns down sharply, in stark contrast to the right side, on which his mouth turns up a bit.

In Mark Crispin Miller's Bush Dyslexicon he says he discovered through a study of Bush's habits of language that under the surface of the funny, backslapping, gladhanding, nicknaming, cheerleading guy, somewhat goofy and not particularly cerebral, there is another much darker, more determined, cagier, personality lurking. It is the right side of the face where you can see a flicker of the soul of Nixon.

-- By David Cogswell

cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2007, 11:36 PM   #2644
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i pretty much have the same bored, dazed expression on both sides of my face.

Old 12.05.2007, 06:47 AM   #2645
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses

█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 06:54 AM   #2646
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses

king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 08:18 AM   #2647
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i'm on a plain, i can't complain.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 09:35 PM   #2648
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i accidentally stabbed myself today.
Old 12.11.2007, 03:47 PM   #2649
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
http://steampunkworkshop.com/keyboard.shtml
I want one
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2007, 03:50 PM   #2650
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
he customized the lcd too , waaa!

Old 12.11.2007, 03:52 PM   #2651
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
http://216.70.73.169/gossip/showthread.php?t=18249
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2007, 03:54 PM   #2652
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
savage: worst. thread. ever.

nicfit: so AWESOME!
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2007, 04:03 PM   #2653
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
True Story from the Law Firm

So I am going up to reception to relieve the receptionist for her morning break today.

As I sit down I notice she has on the radio station that is playing only christmas music.

As she is heading to the bathroom she says, "You know what? They have not played my favorite christmas song yet."

I reply with "They haven't? They play everything. What's your favorite Christmas song?"

and she replies, dead serious,

"Twinkle, twinkle little star..."

that's not a christmas song!
Old 12.12.2007, 01:09 AM   #2654
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2007, 01:15 AM   #2655
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
True Story from the Law Firm

So I am going up to reception to relieve the receptionist for her morning break today.

As I sit down I notice she has on the radio station that is playing only christmas music.

As she is heading to the bathroom she says, "You know what? They have not played my favorite christmas song yet."

I reply with "They haven't? They play everything. What's your favorite Christmas song?"

and she replies, dead serious,

"Twinkle, twinkle little star..."

that's not a christmas song!

i love working at home. i love working at home. i loooooooooooooove working at home.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2007, 01:30 AM   #2656
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
anyone here played guitar hero?
i found it at my gfs house and giving it a go
its pretty shitty..but the one cool thing is..when u play a whole song and then look at things around the room it goes al warped and moves, pretty nuts
Old 12.12.2007, 03:50 PM   #2657
nicfit
invito al cielo

Old 12.13.2007, 07:35 AM   #2658
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 07:44 AM   #2659
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i accidentally stabbed myself today.

did you like it?
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 09:12 AM   #2660
sarramkrop

Simple Rules For Dating My Noise Band

1. CRYPTIC IS THE NEW IRONIC
Pick a name with 2 non related words or better yet, make up a word using new letters from your own personal alphabet. Since you have already created an unprecedented new sound why not make up your own system of language.

2. ONLY USE YOUR EQUIPMENT IN YOUR DESCRIPTIONS
Besides the obligatory use of "drone" and "aural (destruction, devastation, rape, murder, man scaping, pan searing, charlie horse...etc)" it's better that you do not describe what your music may sound like, but to just list what ingenious instruments you are using to create such BRAVE SOUNDS. ie... Scrap Metal, 2 Stringed toy guitar, Casio SK-10 covered in orange tabbies, jug of human pus, emery boards (with contact mics, of course).

3. NO LESS THAN 32 DIFFERENT RELEASES PER YEAR.
CD-Rs, cassettes, lathe cut 8"s... you need to be prolific to be taken seriously in this game. No one wants to wait a fortnight to have to hear your new and exciting DRONES and AURAL BUTCHERY. Keep high speed dubbing and make sure your cracked version of Nero is in working order.

4. CRAFTMATIC
Hand made packages are not only lovely personal touches that show you care but FUCKING MANDATORY DUDE! Paste and scissors and magazines and cardboard are just the start. If you expect these kids to consider you down you better get creative with your packaging. Epidermal layers from any mammals are always nice touches as are vending machine toys.

5. LTD ED OOP RARE!
Please do not make more than 50 of any release. What are you... some sort of corporate fluffer?

6. THURSTON MOORE
If this aging queen isn't willing to release any of your ART you might as well surrender yourself to a lifetime of mediocrity. Remember playa... SEND 2 COPIES TO ARTHUR MAGAZINE or else Mr. Moore and his unconjoined twin Mr. Coley will not be able to sell them at Kim's Underground or Ebay without having an extra copy.

7. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

Your art is far to precious to be performed in a bar or club. That is why you need to kick it out in a coffee shop or dilapidated ghetto house that is 25 years behind the current zoning ordinances. Black Mold is not only an awesome name for your band or project but great way to get your venue to have street cred.

8. HEAR NO EVIL
Don't actually listen to the music you and your fellow scenesters make... that's just lame.
Not because it's egotistical but because the music is really lame. Just keep on downloading Young Jeezy and Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah and cov
er your ipod screen for fuck's sake.

http://stabudown.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
83123130131132 133 1341351361431832336331133 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth