Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Should racists be kicked off this forum?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should racists like Hayden and Shaturnine be kicked off this forum?
Yes 21 46.67%
No 24 53.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.09.2006, 10:44 PM   #121
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Which is worse, I ask you?
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 10:44 PM   #122
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
"I got some popcycles in ma' basement."

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 10:50 PM   #123
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Which is worse, I ask you?
I can't answer that question, I'll be sued.
Old 07.10.2006, 03:30 AM   #124
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that this board does support the image of the band. If people on this board are ceaselessly picking on someone, even as a joke, or using excesive racist comments, even as a joke, Habib and the band have an obligation to point out that they're reponsible enough to do something about it. It's a good idea to give off a big warning that there are some things being said that the band doesn't want to be taken the wrong way, by anyone. Especially in connection with them and their community.

Even if it is a joke, things go too far, and not everyone who comes here knows it's a joke. It is just a message board, but it's Sonic Youth's message board, and these are real fans reading this stuff. They have a right and an obligation to dictate what they want to be represented by.

erm, no. thats crap.
habib just said why.
he only gives a fuck about it because its affecting him personally in his inbox is becoming filled with shit from people with nothing better to do.

sonic youth, habib and anybody who happens to come to this forum and read all the crap can see that its got nothing to do with sonic youth. its just another bunch of message board freaks doing the same shit that that every other gang of message board freaks do on every other message board every single day...... just these freaks happen to have sonic youth blasting in the background while theyre doing it.
only an idiot would think it represents sonic youth in any way. (but maybe they would come to the conclusion that alot of sonic youth fans are idiots and geeks)

dont you all think its absolutely amazing that such crap has been discussed by your favorite band? that theyve had to talk about it and make a decision that would go against their morals (habibs anyway) by banning you just because you are causing so much crap in cyber space? and so many people grassing each other up? dont think they actualy give a fuck about this board. im sure theyre aware that alot (not all) of the people here are lonely tossers, and they would rather not ever have to think about something as fucking daft.

please tell me why you would need a moderator when you have eyes/
cant you just read the things you want to and avoid the rest? even if you accidently read sometihng you dont like, ignore it! go to the next topic.
i know that i dont need someone to make everyhing nice and clean for me.

you want freedom of speech? then youve gotta take a whole lot of shit with it. you dont want freedom of speech? then you should interact with people instead of staying online. cuz most places ive been, if you say anything racist or take the piss out of people too much, you have to take the consequences, which usualy means a smack in the face or a alot of trouble for yourself. its so safe to do it here, then argue like it means something when it doesnt. all this means is that people here are so petty and annoying that youve pissed off habib, not thru what youve said, but in the same way i used to piss of my dad when we would drive somewhere and i would ask him every two minutes if we were nearly there yet.
is that what all your daily effort sums up to?
ha
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 04:39 AM   #125
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
AMERICAN KIDS ARE RETARDED!
Rep me or kick me me out the way you like .I aint give a flying fuck.

you are SO right!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 06:12 AM   #126
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
hoooray!
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 06:39 AM   #127
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
Hate as an extracurricular activity. Putting the sheet over your head, going to Wal-Mart to buy the lighter fluid, to the Home Depot for the wood to build the cross...
I don't know, man. Seems like an awful lot of effort these people are exerting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylikes
I don't know. You'd think if you had a lot of extra-curricular activities going on while the hating was taking place, than the energy and attention that one would place on the extra-curricular activities would divert away precious devotional headspace from the hating. That might not be so good?

Beautiful...
Old 07.10.2006, 06:50 AM   #128
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
do i sense a bit of sensibility coming into the board at last?????

warning shot put accross everyones bows by chris....
lets stop the bullshit and start getting back to what really matters here!
Old 07.10.2006, 06:55 AM   #129
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=PAULYBEE2656]do i sense a bit of sensibility coming into the board at last?????

dont jinx it!
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 07:03 AM   #130
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
you are SO right!

By the looks of it, you watch too much tv and don't read enough books.
Old 07.10.2006, 07:10 AM   #131
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
Stay away from people burning crosses in your yard, but also stay away from the creepy old guy (AssBlaster, I'm looking in your direction) with the model train set in his basement. Usually they have all the model train paraphernalia, such as the overalls and conductor hat.

That's what I love about high school girls...

I keep getting older...and they...keep staying the same age.

WOOT WOOT

Oops, that's just my train!
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2006, 07:33 AM   #132
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
By the looks of it, you watch too much tv and don't read enough books.

what's the clue that leads you to this conclusion?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.10.2006, 08:03 AM   #133
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Have you met enough american kids to proclaim that, or are you extremely gulable and actually believe what other people say?
Old 07.10.2006, 08:10 AM   #134
_slavo_
invito al cielo

spent half a year in various locations in the U.S. so I kind of know what I'm talking about

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.10.2006, 08:21 AM   #135
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
spent half a year in various locations in the U.S. so I kind of know what I'm talking about

Look, I'm not trying to be nasty slavo, but it sounds very stereotypical to me and I just don't think it's that simple. It's prejudice and not necessary, but you're entitled to your opinion. I just thought I'd say that before there's another misunderstanding on the board.
Old 07.10.2006, 08:26 AM   #136
_slavo_
invito al cielo

yeah Tokolosh, no problem

i'm not that kind of guy who would now start a fist-fight and call people names. it was just my point of view which might also be wrong (or I might have been moving in wrong places).

no offense, but 80% young fellas there were spoiled brats

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.10.2006, 08:39 AM   #137
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah Tokolosh, no problem

i'm not that kind of guy who would now start a fist-fight and call people names. it was just my point of view which might also be wrong (or I might have been moving in wrong places).

no offense, but 80% young fellas there were spoiled brats

I must be honest with you to say that kids ain't like they used to be. You're right, they are very spoilt. When I was a kid, a football would keep me well satisfied for days. A lot of kids today have ipods, xboxes.. etc and they're still bored. We can all thank the adults around them for that. If they see that people around them have fancy cars, bling bling, etc.. they'll automatically want the same to fit in and not feel inferiour. But as I mentioned, that's a fact of life everywhere, not only in the states.
Peace.
Old 07.10.2006, 09:12 AM   #138
_slavo_
invito al cielo

I'm with you on this one.
that's what I wanted to say.
the kids got all they want and still are full of boredom.
then there's drink&drive, crack dealing, crime and shit like that.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.10.2006, 09:16 AM   #139
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Are ya into Ninja Tunes/Cuts, 'cause your avatar looks familiar?
Old 07.10.2006, 09:25 AM   #140
_slavo_
invito al cielo

yeah, I'm seeing Coldcut this weekend on a local festival.

it's quite good, although I guess the great years of Ninja are now definitely over...Those of Hexstatic, DJ Vadim, Coldcut, Herbaliser, Neotropic, Kid Koala and the rest of family.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth