Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Thoughts on Ann Coulter's stupidity regarding Soccer/Football
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2014, 02:24 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
"soccer" was a name created by the British, Association football as opposed to Rugby Football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Exactly. I get so bored with the whole soccer/football debate. I've heard perfectly credible european players and managers call it both. Roy Hodgson tends to say 'soccer' more than he does 'football', and a popular English tv show is called Soccer AM. It seems that a lot of the resentment is just nit picking because it's the standard term used in the US. It's totally irrelevant and no more than snobbery on the part of those who try to make it an issue.

funny thing, i only recently read that. something about english schoolkids deriving the words Association --> Assoccer --> soccer.

but yes, it's global resentment/nitpicking-- much like the rest of the continent is bugged by the USA calling itself "America" (but when they did, everything else was colonies, so...). this only bugs me a little but eh--i'm a traitor.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2014, 03:01 PM   #42
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, whatever. Football is for squares, no matter what you call it.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2014, 03:33 PM   #43
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
then you can't be truly british, per ann coulter's tirades.

you should read her rants, though mostly as a medical curiosity.
I'm aware of her and her rants. She does what she does very well.

I'd be happier listening to one of her rants than watching a soccerball game.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2014, 04:56 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I'm aware of her and her rants. She does what she does very well.

I'd be happier listening to one of her rants than watching a soccerball game.

algeria vs. germany >> american imperialist shrews

great game so far!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth