Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty American Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.28.2014, 07:37 AM   #381
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Was the television broadcast called by British or American commentators?

A mix of both, but most of the actual game commentary is done by a regular team of UK based American commentators.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2014, 08:20 AM   #382
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
That UK game was very exciting!!!!!!!!! I had never seen an NFL game at 90 AM my time!
Old 10.28.2014, 08:29 AM   #383
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It was. But I don't like the idea of a domestic league playing competitive games in foreign countries. They've talked about doing it with the Prem, maybe having the odd game in the US but I think it's an insult to local supporters. The game at Wembley was great for UK fans but represented a massive corporate fuck you to anyone actually from Detroit or Atlanta.
Old 10.28.2014, 06:26 PM   #384
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Not related, my Instigator Fantasy team lost this week to a 1-6 team because Ben Roethlisberger scored over 50 fantasy points.

My Ravens lost this week because of that fucking Shitsburg game!! Fucking shit, losing to Bengals in a season sweep on a needless penalty is bad enough, but now we have to fist fight with Steelers for the rest of the season possibly just for the Wild Card??

Steelers lose that game and Ravens can afford to lose next week in another division trap game that Ravens MUST win IN Shitsburg!! Now? We HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME or quite literally our playoff hopes are gone....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2014, 12:03 AM   #385
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
^^^another reason my fantasy team lost, I started Flacco over Drew Breese. Breese cost me dearly over first couple of weeks, so I switched to Flacco and he got my team rolling (with lots of help from, Arian Foster). But Flacco didn't throw for any TD's Sunday and only accumulated two point something fantasy points. Believe I'm switching back to Breese for Thursday at Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
A mix of both, but most of the actual game commentary is done by a regular team of UK based American commentators.

This sounds like how they do our BBC Golf broadcast.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2014, 02:26 AM   #386
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Do you get a guy called Bob Bubka doing your golf coverage? He's always popping up on ours and he's great.
Old 10.29.2014, 04:33 AM   #387
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Can't say I recall that name, but I will keep an ear out for him.

Any truth to what I've heard that golf is aired on standard TV over there and you don't need cable to view any of the rounds?

Quote:
Do you get a guy called Bob Bubka doing your golf coverage? He's always popping up on ours and he's great.
Old 10.29.2014, 04:39 AM   #388
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah most of the major opens are shown live here, for free. Golf fans have it very easy in the UK.
Old 10.29.2014, 08:08 AM   #389
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It was. But I don't like the idea of a domestic league playing competitive games in foreign countries. They've talked about doing it with the Prem, maybe having the odd game in the US but I think it's an insult to local supporters. The game at Wembley was great for UK fans but represented a massive corporate fuck you to anyone actually from Detroit or Atlanta.

This is very true. I really do not understand the mentality behiond it all, maybe because I do not worship at the money teat of Mammon, but the NFL owners sure do.

You know they have to ship out all their equipment to the UK by boat weeks in advance? crazy.
Old 10.29.2014, 09:43 AM   #390
Bytor Peltor
Banned

I never knew this......why not just send it over in the chartered plane with the players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
You know they have to ship out all their equipment to the UK by boat weeks in advance? crazy.
Old 10.29.2014, 10:05 AM   #391
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I read that the equipment sent over is a combo of pads, uniforms, computers, playbooks, video equipment, training stuff, power adaptors etc, and that the costs of flying them, and dealing with the strict customs, make it prohibitive. They therefore send everything by boat weeks in advance. strange huh?

Logistics are a motherfucker. Basketball has what, like 12 people ona team plus coahces and staff? baseball has around 30 people and staff? Football teams hae 53 players, coaches, trainers, doctors, etc etc etc. each requires their own nonsense I guess.
Old 10.29.2014, 10:06 AM   #392
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

also, UK uses different size paper so they ship reams and reamf of copy paper for the printers they ship
Old 10.29.2014, 10:08 AM   #393
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

checkl out this insanity

The extra time to acclimate for a game played even farther east is necessary. It required planning dating back to February, and a massive shipment by boat that set sail for London from the Port of New York back in August.
Oakland’s headquarters right now are at Pennyhill Park, a sprawling five-star hotel about an hour outside London, one of the options the NFL showed teams during a March scouting trip. As the designated home team for Sunday’s game, the Raiders got to pick first, and chose the property that is also the home base for the England Rugby Team. The rugby pitch on the grounds was converted into Oakland’s practice field (and was promptly re-manicured by a trio of lawnmowers the minute practice ended).
Conference rooms were turned into position group meeting rooms in chandelier-adorned hallways. The locker room is actually bigger than the one at the Raiders’ Alameda facility—a giant, white “marquee,” the British word for a cross between a mobile home and a tent, which is positioned in a parking lot. Around most corners are hydration (Gatorade) and caffeination (coffee, tea, espresso machine) stations. The man overseeing the operation for the Raiders is Pete Caracciolo, who is in his 17th season as the director of team travel and football operations. Before that, he worked in production, ordering and shipping for a Long Island-based printing company—three skills required for setting up a temporary base in London.
“Yes, it is a lot of work for a week,” said Caracciolo, who consulted his brother, Matt, previously the director of football operations for the Patriots during their London trip in 2009. “Because after the week, it is over. But I would definitely welcome the opportunity to do it again.”
Caracciolo skipped the stop in Foxborough and traveled to London last Friday with three staffers. His first order of business: find everything they shipped. Computer paper has different dimensions in the U.K., so they sent over 10 cases of 8.5×11-inch paper for printing documents such as play sheets. They sent at least 600 outlet plug converters, and a couple hundred cases of water and Gatorade, distributed to each of Oakland’s stops (Pennyhill; the downtown hotel they’ll stay at Friday and Saturday nights; and Wembley Stadium). Bulky items that are more available in the U.S. are sent by boat, because it’s cost-effective and saves space on the team plane.
“But,” Caracciolo points out, “there is nothing you can pack to overcome jet lag.”
Old 10.29.2014, 10:09 AM   #394
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

They put that shit on the boat and shipped it IN AUGUST!!!!!!
Old 10.29.2014, 01:33 PM   #395
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Why would anyone put flacco in their fantasy? Even a few weeks ago when he had FIVE TDs in 16 minutes with a near perfect passer rating HE STILL.DIDNT LEAD FANTASY, somehow Cam Newton did! Flacco wins big games, you.want him on your actual team but never fantasy

Old 11.03.2014, 10:39 AM   #396
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Your beloved Ravens got laid out like punk bitches by the mighty Steelers
Old 11.03.2014, 10:50 AM   #397
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Yes we did. And probably cost us the playoffs too

Old 11.03.2014, 10:54 AM   #398
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

My lowly Texans made Mark Sanchez look like an all-pro
Old 11.03.2014, 12:33 PM   #399
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Thats ok, we let big ben break.an nfl record set in 19muthafuckin 40..

Old 12.05.2014, 12:47 PM   #400
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Fran Tarkenton tells it like it is about shitty ass Robert Griffin III

VRENTAS: You talk about quarterbacks having to be great passers first, and that’s been one of the big issues with Robert Griffin III. Can he turn things around?

TARKENTON: I said two years ago that RG3 would not make it. This guy comes from a good family, a good background, a good school, Baylor; he’s a smart young man, physically gifted, he can throw it. But he came into the league with an arrogance. He goes into Washington, which is the worst place for him to go. They have been so hungry for a quarterback, and for winning, they worshipped him. Here’s RG3; he’s our savior, he’s our guy. His father gets involved and is in the locker room—I have never seen a father in a locker room on Sundays. The owner, Dan Snyder, adopts him and becomes his best friend. So RG3, at 21, 22, thought he was Jesus, right? And he was making pontifical statements about how he approached the game. I was listening to him the offseason after his rookie year, which was not a bad year, and I’m saying, “Holy s—, this guy is out of control with his ego.” That was the first sign you saw that he lacked leadership. Then, he was so into himself. You know a quarterback’s job? Make his teammates better. It’s not about you; it’s about your teammates. You’ve got to make them better, and if you don’t make them better, you have no chance. And he was all about RG3. I sympathize with Jay Gruden. Gruden came out and pointed out, which is right, that he has no mechanics. He is a terrible passer, has no accuracy, he doesn’t understand the offense, he doesn’t read defenses, and he has no discipline. When he is supposed to take a three-yard drop, he takes a one-yard drop; if he is supposed to take a five-yard drop, it’s a three-yard drop. There’s no discipline and understanding of the defense because he is a pontificator. He will never make it. He will be out of football. He will be in the same graveyard as JaMarcus Russell and Vince Young.
171819 20 212223 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth