Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.27.2014, 12:03 AM   #1
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?

"The case of Michael Brown, the unarmed, black teenager shot and killed by a white police officer, continues to make headlines weeks after the incident sparked riots and outrage in Ferguson, Missouri, and prompted a national debate.

Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, a white 20-year-old shot and killed by a black policeman outside a 7-Eleven in Utah has received virtually no media coverage beyond local news reports. His brother, who was with him at the 7-Eleven, says Taylor was unarmed.

The negligible coverage of the Taylor case by the mainstream media prompted many conservative critics to address the racial double standard. The Washington Times reports: "Talk-show host Rush Limbaugh blamed the discrepancy between the two cases on 'the liberal world view' that portrays whites as oppressors and blacks as victims."

The Times noted that CNN news host Jake Tapper acknowledged the discrepancy between the two cases, and noted that "the press often undercovers such topics as inner-city violence and the high rates of black-on-black crime."

According to Tapper, though, the Brown case is more newsworthy because of the national reaction it sparked, though some question whether the excessive media coverage of the violent protests actually served to fuel them." - - Teresa Mull

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the "media" did not cover the killing in Ferguson until AFTER the pigs started their military tactics against protesters. THNE it became a story. countless dozens of unarmed black and hispanic men are killed by pigs EACH WEEK in the USA and the media does not cover it.
Old 08.27.2014, 02:41 PM   #3
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?l

what a surprise, leatherneck shows up with an inspiring and board related posting after a long absence.

Why no media attention? Maybe because the deceased was a tool. When a cop tells you to stop, you don't start fumbling around in your pants. And if you're one of those tools who needs to wear their pants sagging below the ass crack, then this is what you get for being a tool. I thought that trend ended in the 90's, but it seems to have revived recently.

At the time of Taylor’s shooting, court documents show he had a $25,000 bench warrant for a probation violation in connection with felony robbery and obstructing justice convictions
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2014, 05:32 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?

Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, a white 20-year-old shot and killed by a black policeman outside a 7-Eleven in Utah has received virtually no media coverage beyond local news reports. His brother, who was with him at the 7-Eleven, says Taylor was unarmed.

I think this case should catch attention too, ANY police killing is oppression and EVERY police killing should be highly publicized. Black, white, brown, or whatever, any victim of police brutality should be noticed, and there is risk to ALL Americans when police are allowed to summarily execute people with impunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69

Why no media attention? Maybe because the deceased was a tool. When a cop tells you to stop, you don't start fumbling around in your pants. And if you're one of those tools who needs to wear their pants sagging below the ass crack, then this is what you get for being a tool.

You totally disappoint me tesla, when its about Fukashima you bitch and moan and cry about this shit and that shit but when police kill an unarmed man you blame the victim? Fuck that yo, I'm calling you out. Fashion statement radicalism is for college kids, not grown ass men like yourself yo

Straight up, what does the dude's pants have to do with anything? "This is what you get" , summarily executed in the street is cool for sagging pants or being distracted while wearing headphones?? Fuck that yo, you ain't a radical YOU'RE THE TOOL for that David Icke/Ron Paul bullshit. Police shot and killed a white guy in my neighborhood, he was running across the street to go to the ATM, he didn't even notice the police but they thought he was running from them, shot the dude in the back of the head. No charges were filed against the officers, case ruled "justifiable" even though the guy was completely innocent of anything. Shit should have made the news cycles then too, it didn't. While Letherwhatever may not have good intentions with this thread, the premise is correct, ALL police killings are a tragedy, and we ALL need to take notice of it without shrugging our fucking shoulders about it. To be sure, if the police killed you even if you were doing something stupid, I'd mourn you and the only thing justifiable would be my outrage and indignation

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2014, 12:24 AM   #5
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Rob pointed out that there was no media coverage until the police got involved. In the situation you're referring to, I don't believe the citizens of that community responded by gathering in mass at night, therefore requiring no police presence.

I heard Ted Nugent had published list of names of white people that have been killed by black people since Ferguson began and none of the names listed had received National media coverage......to be honest, they probably shouldn't.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2014, 08:11 AM   #6
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You totally disappoint me tesla, when its about Fukashima you bitch and moan and cry about this shit and that shit but when police kill an unarmed man you blame the victim? Fuck that yo, I'm calling you out. Fashion statement radicalism is for college kids, not grown ass men like yourself yo While Letherwhatever may not have good intentions with this thread, the premise is correct, ALL police killings are a tragedy, and we ALL need to take notice of it without shrugging our fucking shoulders about it. To be sure, if the police killed you even if you were doing something stupid, I'd mourn you and the only thing justifiable would be my outrage and indignation

I can't get too upset when some guy who would probably be robbing me or my grandparents if they had a chance gets offed by the cops. I'm really sick of the culture of petty felony and rape that is generally excreted by contemporary urban culture e.g., hip hop.

Utah is not this situation:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/2...attorney-says/

If I get killed by the cops committing a crime, don't mourn me. I earned it. There are times when it is appropriate for cops to shoot. But there is something going on with the US cops, it appears they are being trained by israeli former-military "consultants" and are being taught to view US citizens the way israel views the palestinians. but then, I see people acting so stupid and repulsively I think they earn what they get. And further

just as disturbing, I don't think these are accidents:
According to the media outlet Fusion, its independent investigation into the Pentagon’s “1033 program,” which equips state and local police departments across the US with excess military equipment, turned up an alarming trend: Not only did many law enforcement agencies fail to comply with the program’s guidelines, they routinely lost dangerous weaponry.
Already, the investigation has found that police departments in Arizona, California, Mississippi, Missouri, Georgia, and others have lost or cannot account for various types of weapons. This list includes M14 and M16 assault rifles, .45-caliber pistols, shotguns, and even vehicles.

or

A Florida man is facing charges of First Degree Murder after police in Orlando tried to shoot him but killed an innocent bystander instead.
Last week, officers were called to Vixen Bar to respond to reports that 23-year-old Kody Roach had discharged a weapon at the club.
According to an affidavit obtained by the Orlando Sentinel, a Taser was used on Roach when he was observed “pointing his right hand at the officers.” But the Taser failed to shock Roach because of his loose clothing.
And then, officers asserted, Roach reached inside of his waistband.
“In order to prevent an armed individual from causing harm to any members of the public or to any of the surrounding officers, Ofc. Sanguino discharges his firearm nine times striking Roach at least five times,” the affidavit said.
Old 08.28.2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Is it because the media are pro black and have just been pretending otherwise all these years?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2014, 01:26 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
[/list]Fuck it tesla you're being a selfish fake. Im only calling you out so harshly cuz it fits in your pattern over years of down low supporting police brutality. We have laws and due process for a reason. You dont realize it but.your mentality reflects control.by the.very system you always rant.about pretending.to be against. Enjoy your faux hawk radicalism

Old 08.28.2014, 04:22 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Is it because the media are pro black and have just been pretending otherwise all these years?
Hahaha! Fucking exactly

Old 09.02.2014, 12:31 PM   #10
tesla69
Banned

white police apparently executed a white man, who was gay, and are now covering it up

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/0...-traffic-stop/
Old 09.08.2014, 12:10 PM   #11
tesla69
Banned

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/crim...pers/15262309/
Old 09.09.2014, 12:37 AM   #12
chocolate_ladyland
children of satan

chocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asses
Because Al Sharpton

chocolate_ladyland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2014, 09:33 AM   #13
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone ever notice when a white guy gets shot dead by cops you never get white people rioting, raping and looting their way through the streets in response? It's always society's ethnic detritus that feel the need when one of their own gets it. Bunch of opportunistic, drug, alcohol and benefit dependent shitbags.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2014, 10:00 AM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
society's ethnic detritus

whoa there, himmler
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2014, 10:08 AM   #15
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
whoa there, himmler

Ever had a drink with any of them in a bar? No. Hypocrite.
Old 09.18.2014, 10:48 AM   #16
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I can't get too upset when some guy who would probably be robbing me or my grandparents if they had a chance gets offed by the cops. I'm really sick of the culture of petty felony and rape that is generally excreted by contemporary urban culture e.g., hip hop.

oh my god fuck off you idiot
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2014, 10:53 AM   #17
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
i forgot that the majority of opinions here are about as oblivious as a youtube comment section. see ya.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2014, 10:57 AM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

"ethnic detritus" exists only in your addled racist mind. obviously i can't have a drink with your sick fantasies.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2014, 05:59 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Anyone ever notice when a white guy gets shot dead by cops you never get white people rioting, raping and looting their way through the streets in response? It's always society's ethnic detritus that feel the need when one of their own gets it.

Maybe if white people joined the uprising police brutality would stop?

Quote:

I have.. and not just in a bar, but in those detritus filled neighborhoods that you are probably too damned chickenshit to drive let alone walk through. Indeed, hood folks are good people, you can actually like borrow an egg or cup of sugar from your neighbors, unlike stuck up white folks who don't know their neighborhood as they lock themselves inside their precious houses behind a veil of self-imposed fear.

Quote:
Bunch of opportunistic, drug, alcohol and benefit dependent shitbags.

Are you referring to your recent family reunion?

Old 09.19.2014, 10:45 AM   #20
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
"ethnic detritus" exists only in your addled racist mind. obviously i can't have a drink with your sick fantasies.

Even if I'm buying?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth