Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new sunn O)))
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.05.2008, 07:45 PM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This is probably sunn's best album since "flight of the behemoth"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 08:42 PM   #42
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Just ordered it a few days ago in the package that came with the shirt.
Cant wait.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 08:55 AM   #43
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
its funny how sunn o))) always has these high profile guests on thier records; atila, xasthur, merzbow, john wiese, oren ambarchi, etc... all these big names, but its almost impossible to notice them being there, its like the sound of sunn o))) is so powerful and overwhelming even the biggest personalites get absorbed into the dronnnnneeeeeee to the point where their individual talents dont mean shit, they are simply a puzzle piece in the doom.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 08:55 AM   #44
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
"this post brought to you by the stoned mind of batreleaser"

listen to pink reason
Old 10.07.2008, 07:21 AM   #45
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
its funny how sunn o))) always has these high profile guests on thier records; atila, xasthur, merzbow, john wiese, oren ambarchi, etc... all these big names, but its almost impossible to notice them being there, its like the sound of sunn o))) is so powerful and overwhelming even the biggest personalites get absorbed into the dronnnnneeeeeee to the point where their individual talents dont mean shit, they are simply a puzzle piece in the doom.

Yeah I definitely hear ya (pardon the pun). Boris is the same way with their recent material. In the Boris/Sunn0))) album, it's easier to hear the two playing together, but both bands have guest 'stars' all the time. Michio Kurihara makes a difference, but I nearly consider him a part of Boris now. What songs did Xasthur do with 0)))?
Old 10.07.2008, 09:19 AM   #46
batreleaser
invito al cielo

xathur was on the song "come mirror" off of "angel coma", provided some sounds with john wiese.

his vocals were all over black one. trakcs 3, 5, 6, 7, all feature his screams.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.07.2008, 09:21 PM   #47
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I found out that the mediafire link doesn't work for some peopel so try this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/14880977...-_Domkirke.rar

Old 10.07.2008, 09:55 PM   #48
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
After hearing Attila's contribution, I conceded my sunn embargo))) and ordered it...not directly from southern lord, of course.
Old 10.18.2008, 08:41 AM   #49
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, this is actually really good. Way better than Oracle. I was about to order it from the Southern Lord website until I realised they wanted more for postage than the actual record. So I just bought it from a shop. Its nice though.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2008, 10:48 AM   #50
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
you're going to work at 5:15 am?
why the hell would one want a job like that?

man, ive been doing it for 8 years... 8 years rising at 5am, going home at 11.30 or noon...its not that bad, its actually quite good!!!

as for sunn o album... im questioing myself if i really need to hear another sunn o album....do i really need another one?????

thanks adam for the link!
Old 10.18.2008, 12:45 PM   #51
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
It's definitely worth a listen. It's more pure drone than their last few releases it seems. They definitely evolve enough that I think they are always worth checking out. By the way, their show at Knitting Factory the other night was fucking brutal, in the best possible way.

Oh, and they were selling a ridiculous Quintuple picture disc of the Grimmrobe Demos with a bonus track. Limited edition of 500 or something.
Old 10.18.2008, 12:51 PM   #52
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

trust me pauly it's worth hearing.

Old 10.18.2008, 12:59 PM   #53
batreleaser
invito al cielo

still havn't listened to it. for some reason i havn't had much desire to listen to any sunn o))) lately.
Old 10.19.2008, 11:30 AM   #54
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
adam... yes it is indeed worth hearing........... stunning.....
Old 10.19.2008, 11:47 AM   #55
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
it rules...
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2008, 01:31 PM   #56
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Aw, I was looking forward to saying, "It sounds like old Sunn O)))." But after reading through this thread, I actually want to hear it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2008, 03:49 AM   #57
gohleekwang
stalker

gohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Even though no one will thank me

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmdlynmlgyj

Here's the album.

the link is working, THANKS!
gohleekwang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2008, 03:42 PM   #58
blankhogs
empty page

blankhogs has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hopefully this is better than oracle
blankhogs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2008, 04:17 PM   #59
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I liked Oracle...
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2008, 05:42 PM   #60
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Oracle was okay, but I found it a short. I like long drone-age which provides more time to get deeply into it

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth