Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page uploading albums for people
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2008, 05:05 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to try to upload a few gems you all need to hear for Christmas.

Here's the first one, I've never seen this mentioned anywhere on this board or any discographies or anything... but it's amazing:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lmu34a
john fahey & jim o'rourke, live @ wnur studios '98

About 36 minutes of Fahey's more spaced-out playing with O'Rourke doing occasional improvised (?) tape loops and minimal, lovely electronics underneath. Love it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2008, 05:10 PM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Very cool, indeed.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
thanks. I really like that Robe. album by the way.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2008, 05:22 PM   #4
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, me too .. the Robe album is excellent !!!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2008, 05:26 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2sigc7
mass of the fermenting dregs - s/t
(41mb)
I mentioned this on another thread, but the link I posted had two corrupt files. Anyway, let me just say, and I never make statements like this so... the BEST rock band anywhere in the world right now. Lemme see... how do I get you to download this... If you liked the Vivian Girls' beautiful melodies and harmony vocals but wish they were more complex and noisey and mean and rocking and produced by David Fridman, you should enjoy this. Really fierce, intelligent songs. Nothing else to say. Just a great album!

Old 12.24.2008, 05:27 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Haha glad you guys like.

I'm going to upload files for a few hours so keep checking back for something you might like!

I sent the link to a few people who I thought would enjoy it, but I'll go ahead and post it here while I'm at it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/frqs2h
ROBE. - HADRAMAUT (131mb or so)

This is epic dronegaze with some doom riffs and such too. Like a mashup of Lovesliescrushing, Stars of the Lid, and Earth... maybe. Haha.

Old 12.24.2008, 05:30 PM   #7
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Fuck yeah, I remember last year when you uploaded Scissor Shock and the tracks weren't tagged.
Haha, it was a good gift though, cheers.
Old 12.24.2008, 05:46 PM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e021xp
jo ann kelly - jo ann kelly (with john fahey)
(27mb)

An excellent blues record, with John Fahey playing on half the tracks. What more do I need to say? It's interesting, for Fahey completists (completionists?), that he plays stuff on here that are variations of songs he'd later turn completely into his own, though there are also some moments where he plays some entirely new things that he never did anything else with. There are other people playing guitar on this record, but Fahey's playing, of course, is pretty distinct. Fahey's not even the star here, though, as Kelly's voice and lyrics are amazing. I reccomend everything Jo Ann Kelly has done..

Also, Derek, I'm sorry, I'm doing 50 things at once at the moment, so I forgot to write this in the last response... I must say, I can't wait to hear your album and I'll give you a full review when I get it and I'll probably send it to all my friends if it's particularly good, too, if that's okay with you!!

Old 12.24.2008, 05:47 PM   #9
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Haha glad you guys like.

I'm going to upload files for a few hours so keep checking back for something you might like!

I sent the link to a few people who I thought would enjoy it, but I'll go ahead and post it here while I'm at it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/frqs2h
ROBE. - HADRAMAUT (131mb or so)

This is epic dronegaze with some doom riffs and such too. Like a mashup of Lovesliescrushing, Stars of the Lid, and Earth... maybe. Haha.
Yeah I wanted to thank you for you message, I did enjoy it! Good stuff man, really.
Old 12.24.2008, 06:02 PM   #10
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Mesh Gear Fox discography. All albums are free anyway, but I collected them together here for your convenience. Only get the first one after you've checked out the others, I'd say. Anyway, here's them in chronological order:
Mesh Gear Fox - Mesh Gear Fox I (2008)
Mesh Gear Fox - The Future is So Bright, It's Making Me Blind (2008)
Mesh Gear Fox - Grey Area (Ambient 1) (2008)
Mesh Gear Fox - The Sum of Subtraction (2008)
Mesh Gear Fox - Inclusion Therapy (2008)
Mesh Gear Fox - Sofia EP (2008)
Old 12.24.2008, 06:14 PM   #11
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2sigc7
mass of the fermenting dregs - s/t
(41mb)
I mentioned this on another thread, but the link I posted had two corrupt files. Anyway, let me just say, and I never make statements like this so... the BEST rock band anywhere in the world right now. Lemme see... how do I get you to download this... If you liked the Vivian Girls' beautiful melodies and harmony vocals but wish they were more complex and noisey and mean and rocking and produced by David Fridman, you should enjoy this. Really fierce, intelligent songs. Nothing else to say. Just a great album!
I didn't really like the first couple tracks, but the next two were fucking incredible. I just finished the 9 min one, and it was brilliant.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2008, 06:42 PM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q0a8d5
happy family discography
(116mb)

My favorite prog group, they mix more traditional prog elements with the avant-prog of Magma, Ruins, Koenjihyakkei, Thinking Plague, etc. Really brilliant stuff and highly reccomended for anyone interested in progressive rock. This is both of their albums, self-titled and toscoco..

Old 12.24.2008, 06:58 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b6oc7i
miasma & the carousel of headless horses - manfauna
(32mb)

This is a bizarre mash up of circus music, drone, classical, avant-progressive, rock, post-rock, dark ambient, and whatever genre(s) you consider Secret Chiefs 3 to be. Not as crazy and bizarre as it sounds, because they manage to effortlessly mix all that stuff together without a million time changes a second... just really good music. For fans of stuff like Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Idiot Flesh, Vicious Hairy Mary, Giant Squid, Ruins, etc.

Old 12.24.2008, 07:06 PM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Runhild Gammelsæter - amplicon
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uhy4coomstv

I didn't upload this, but you need to hear it. One of the best of '08 that no one heard.

Amplicon is a record made for cult appreciation and mass apathy, if not revulsion. Its 11 tracks follow a sequence modelled on the cycle of life (titles include "Incubation," "Birth," "Coming To," "Love," "Senescence" and "Dying"), and the disc's title relates to Gammelsaeter's day job - an amplicon is a piece of DNA that has been synthesized using amplification/gene-duplication techniques. The music is pretty dependent on advanced technology, too. It's an intricate collage of cacophonous voices, acoustic and electric guitars, synthesized heartbeats, drones, organ and more. Gammelsaeter croons, mutters, howls and roars in English and Norwegian, sometimes singing what sounds like a murder ballad, other times ranting about genetics and physiology. It has antecedents in both Nico and Jarboe (particularly the latter's vocal shapeshifting and emotional rawness), but is ultimately a unique and personal document. It's an unsettling experience, not just because of the competing and overlapping voices, but the jarring transitions between acoustic and electronic, between silence and sudden bursts of sound - there's never a moment where expectations can be comfortably set. Gammelsaeter describes most Metal as "like Mozart, you know what's coming," but the music on Amplicon, while logical, is anything but predictable.

Old 12.24.2008, 07:43 PM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4qvfm8
john fahey - azalea city memories and other toxic memorabilia (81.6mb)
This is the probably the rarest Fahey release... mainly because it was never released! I don't have any info on this recording whatsoever except that it took a really long time for me to find it, and a couple of the songs resurfaced later under different titles. Not amongst Fahey's best work, but it is interesting because it mixes his old style with the new style he was developing before he died. I dunno if this will ever be officially released or whatever.

Old 12.24.2008, 08:18 PM   #16
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8a6o5w
v/a - acoustic blues instrumentals (40.7mb)
This is some rare compilation I found on soulseek of American primitive guitar stuff. Some of these artists don't seem to have any other songs anywhere else or they're just really hard to find. Excellent stuff. The artists on here are:

R.L. Watson and Josiah Jones (aka John Fahey and Bill Barth from "Memphis Swamp Jam" which is the only Fahey-related item I'm missing!!...)
John Cephas
Steffan Grossman
Backwards Sam Firk (Mike Stewart)
Duck Baker
Etta Baker
Woody Mann
Bob Brozman

Old 12.24.2008, 08:25 PM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b334q3
coq roq - demo (7mb)
Okay, this is really stupid, but I love it and have had it on my computer for 3 years. It was some fake Burger King chicken fries-shilling band. I don't even think they HAVE chicken fries anymore. Anyway, this band was sued by SlipKnot and so on, you can read about it on the internet. It's really stupid... anyway, these songs kick ass! I love "NICE BOX"!

Old 12.24.2008, 09:04 PM   #18
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
^^Bwahaha, I always wondered whatever became of Coq Roq.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2008, 09:08 PM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5uepvx

korean buddhist god - magnum you (70mb)
For Omoide Hatoba/Demi Semi Quaver/Ruins fans. Insane, psychadelic, fun, progressive noise rock party music. Weird stuff indeed but it truly rocks. Reminds me of a very structured and refined Boredoms, Wow2 era. Great shit.

Old 12.24.2008, 09:39 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Okay, this is the last one, hope that everyone on this board got at least one good album from me. I'm going to proceed to listen to all 3 "switched on" releases from stereolab now and watch christmas evil and deep red (a holiday tradition!) and go to sleep. Anyway...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2qvy8u
wooden spoon - the folk blues of wooden spoon (59.3mb)
Here's a better description than I could give this: Wooden Spoon is a UK guitarist directly descended from John Fahey and his Takoma brethren; being subtle about this would be missing the point. He operates using the same folk-aesthetics mixed with a considerable understanding of melodic composition. Mimicry is simple for proficient musicians, but Wooden Spoon goes well beyond that, continuing to explore the style by scooping out new flavors from the well sampled basin of delights. Solo-guitar endeavors such as this need to develop character throughout the album to remain worthwhile. Like Fahey, Robbie Basho and others, Spoon personifies his instrumentals with care, crafting dynamic guitar melodies that convey as much emotion to the willing listener as poignant vocals. Opening track, By the Riverside, starts off innocent and attractive but gradually perks up its sense of adventure and takes off on a journey to wherever your imaginary riverside leads. This sets up the refined conflict that is visible for the remainder of the record: understated, quiet beauty versus a curious yearning for new experiences. Dead Shrimp sounds like a Huck Finn adventure while Cherry Mash could be the music of a midday picnic. To close, In the Dark City is a lingering track that employs ambient loops and string plucks that hint at an ethereal, yet exquisite, visit to this shadowy haunt. Though a slight change from the rest of the album, it serves to remind listeners that this album is a product of the 21st century and that it’s not a bad thing – Spoon isn’t on a mission to produce hopeless nostalgia. He reminds us that somewhere in that big, modern city, there’s 17 minutes and 31 seconds of a hushing journey waiting to be perceived. Instead of playing an alchemist and trying to mix and match styles to form his own, Wooden Spoon simply takes that which has been most affective to his music career and works with it for his own artistic purposes. While it is not musically innovative, nor does it have a historical context to add mystique to the sound, this album’s charm and character make it a worthy listen for fans of John Fahey’s then-revolutionary guitar.

__________________☆☆
_________________☆☆☆
________________☆Hello,´♥`
_______________☆I Have..´♥`
______________☆Come Here´♥`
_____________☆To Wish You ´♥`
____________☆Merry Christmas´♥`
___________☆And Also, A Happy´♥`
__________☆New Year To You For´♥`
_________☆2009... I Hope The New ´♥`
________☆Year Brings You Loads Of ´♥`
_______☆Happiness And Good Health. ´♥`