Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ghosts
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2008, 04:34 AM   #1
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't believe in them, per se, but I've always thought they were interesting.

I found this in the back of an old used book store several months ago and started to read it, but I would get really nervous every time I opened it. I just picked it up again tonight and was looking through it.

I assume it's mostly bullshit, but it's about 60 years old, has tons of "eye-witnesses", and it's freaking me the hell out right now. Nuns trapped in walls, dead children writing on cellar walls. Fuckin' hell...

I don't really care who believes in ghosts, since it's almost always about 50/50 and there's no point debating it (plus, I'm sure there have been threads already), but I think the concept is a lot of fun. Anyone agree?
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 04:35 AM   #2
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i want to see a ghost.
Old 08.12.2008, 04:36 AM   #3
al shabbray

I want to read this book
looks mysterious good
-insert x-files theme here- (again)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 04:37 AM   #4
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
It makes Lovecraft seem like a fucking pussy. Scariest book I've ever read.

I would love to see a ghost, but if I knew that I was going to see one I would be scared as shit.
Old 08.12.2008, 04:39 AM   #5
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
In my Dad's old house in London in the mid 80's, there was a very malevolent spirit in the attic. He never saw it, but he could "feel" it every time he went anywhere near said attic. He took his dogs up to there once, and they cowered away in frozen fear. He eventually had to get the attic exorcised

I do believe that spirits and forces exist in the world that are around us, and cannot be dismissed as mere fantasy/imagination. Besides, I'm much more receptive to the idea of ghosts & spirits than the idea of some fictional character called Jesus Christ, or a non-existent "God".
Old 08.12.2008, 04:41 AM   #6
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
In my Dad's old house in London in the mid 80's, there was a very malevolent spirit in the attic. He never saw it, but he could "feel" it every time he went anywhere near said attic. He took his dogs up to there once, and they cowered away in frozen fear. He eventually had to get the attic exorcised

I do believe that spirits and forces exist in the world that are around us, and cannot be dismissed as mere fantasy/imagination. Besides, I'm much more receptive to the idea of ghosts & spirits than the idea of some fictional character called Jesus Christ, or a non-existent "God".

I agree with that!
there has to be something, sometimes where the standard imagination ends. or mabe Ive read too much burroughs.
btw did your father let the attic be excorcised?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 04:45 AM   #7
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
My aunt's house is haunted. I lived with her for a few years when I was around 10-11. The door would always open and the closet door would shake and I would have to sleep with an animal (she has 5 cats and a dog) to feel safe. Trouble is the dog would always run away anytime anything happened and the only cat that would ever stay was a tiny black one.

I went back a few years ago to house-sit and take care of the animals and me and a friend sat in her house with the lights off (it was the middle of summer and she always had her air blasting so we went over there all the time) and all the sudden the tv just quit working. We tried the remote, we tried pressing the power button on the tv, and nothing would work. We shrugged it off and went into the kitchen and turned the light on to get some food, and just as we walked out of the living room the tv turned back on. We shat brix.
Keep in mind this is a REALLY old house (early 1900s) and pretty much everything on the bottom floor is on the same fuse.

Also I would often find things moved and pictures turned upside-down or on the floor for some reason...
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 04:46 AM   #8
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom

I see no reason for disbelieving them, since I do believe in the supernatural, but I've never encountered anything like a ghost in any way, and in high school me and my friend "hunted" them like crazy. So it's hard for me really accept it. Sometimes I'll just kinda stare out of a dark window and think, well if they're out there where the fuck are they?

Then I get scared that something might actually show itself, and I sleep with the light on.
Old 08.12.2008, 04:47 AM   #9
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
I agree with that!
there has to be something, sometimes where the standard imagination ends. or mabe Ive read too much burroughs.
btw did your father let the attic be excorcised?

He did, yes - he had run out of alternatives of what to do. It worked as well - no more ghostly presences in the attic from that point on.
Old 08.12.2008, 04:47 AM   #10
al shabbray

oh my god. I am a pussy when it comes down to spooky stuff. imagining you were alone there.
but animals are often helping in such situations

really? excorcising a ghost and no more presence from that point on makes it even more believeable.

I am glad that its 11 am here right now and not pm
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 04:50 AM   #11
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

It's fucking 3am here.

*Closes blinds.*
Old 08.12.2008, 04:53 AM   #12
vegans4veal

last week i was in the peak district, a beautiful, if somewhat frighteningly bleak, national park in northern england. the place we were staying in couldn't be called a village, or even a hamlet, but one of the few houses there is apparently haunted by at least four ghosts...

http://www.peak-experience.org.uk/to...fd5f974aa9bd1"

it;s amazingly scary to look at.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 04:57 AM   #13
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

This is an old opiium den in the Shanghai tunnels underneath Portland, Oregon. I got to go down there on a tour-type thing, and supposedly a woman fell through the elevator shaft on the other side of the window.

It's a scary place. And pitch black without flashlights.
Old 08.12.2008, 05:01 AM   #14
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
It's fucking 3am here.

*Closes blinds.*

then I would quit this thread if it isnt already too late.
the sun is my friend
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 05:04 AM   #15
al shabbray

this the most scaring playe I were at. its an old abandoned child sanatorium!
its a whole complex of buildings and even a watchtower including a water zistern!
I was there a few weeks ago, to make some filthy midnight shots there for a filmproject! we were 3 guys, everything was ok at day but as we came back for shooting at night al those spooky things started.
check out the photos and imagine it in darkness!

http://www.koenigsberg-sanatorium.de/fotos.htm
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 05:06 AM   #16
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Shit. Abandoned sanatoriums are intense.

I actually think I was subconsciously assuming people would make light of the ghost thing and poke fun at it. Now I might need some whiskey before I sleep...
Old 08.12.2008, 05:07 AM   #17
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
this the most scaring playe I were at. its an old abandoned child sanatorium!
its a whole complex of buildings and even a watchtower including a water zistern!
I was there a few weeks ago, to make some filthy midnight shots there for a filmproject! we were 3 guys, everything was ok at day but as we came back for shooting at night al those spooky things started.
check out the photos and imagine it in darkness!

http://www.koenigsberg-sanatorium.de/fotos.htm

i want to go there at night and do a photoshoot. that would be awesome.
Old 08.12.2008, 05:08 AM   #18
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
It's fucking 3am here.

*Closes blinds.*
I wouldn't want to be in a fully closed room if THEY came...

I have a couple ghosts stories, too long to be typed now, involving an epilectic friend and disappearing blood stains, and other stuff, I'm not a 100% "believer" in spirits, ghosts and stuff, but weird stuff goes on in this world and sometimes it's quite difficult to explain scientifically. BAUUUUUUHHHH!
worst (as in = scarier) place to be while having to deal with weird stuff happening = a wood at night with rain.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 06:08 AM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yes.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 06:24 AM   #20
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
I wouldn't want to be in a fully closed room if THEY came...

I have a couple ghosts stories, too long to be typed now, involving an epilectic friend and disappearing blood stains, and other stuff, I'm not a 100% "believer" in spirits, ghosts and stuff, but weird stuff goes on in this world and sometimes it's quite difficult to explain scientifically. BAUUUUUUHHHH!
worst (as in = scarier) place to be while having to deal with weird stuff happening = a wood at night with rain.
i want to hear! tell us the stories when you can.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth