Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2009, 02:09 AM   #5361
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Adam, you definitely need to see Stroszek next. It's certainly a classic and the ending is simply spectacular.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 05:31 AM   #5362
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Everything Cowboy Bebop is awesome (except the last episode of the anime series)...

...huh? The last episode is amazing!!! What a perfect ending. My favorite episode, I believe it's called "Pierret Le Fou", where Spike takes on that clown guy at the amusement park. Strangely, it was the first one I saw, and I thought I was going to be in for this really dark series like Serial Experiments Lain type shit, but the rest of the series.. well, most of it.. ended up being pretty light.

Also, I loved the movie, I actually saw it in theaters here. I'd probably take the movie over almost any episode, except the music in it sucks.

One of the best anime series ever.

Though Evangelion will always be the one to me.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 05:33 AM   #5363
al shabbray

I need to watch the anime. but the movie was the only thing the videotheke had at the moment.
I ve started with samurai champloo and loved it. I needed something to stuff the whole it eft behind
hope they will release a samurai champloo movie too, would be awesome
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 05:38 AM   #5364
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I bought Bebop about 6 years ago off of ebay for $20 for the whole series. It was almost obviously a bootleg but it had the best packaging I've ever seen on anything I've ever bought in my LIFE, so uh.. I dunno. All the discs had the episodes in perfect quality, no shitty subtitles, with tons of special features. Then, I got on Amazon and saw the same set going for like $90. So either I was just lucky or this was the greatest bootleg EVER.

....Regardless, I'd reccomend just buying the whole series if you can, you won't be sorry.

Old 02.05.2009, 07:19 AM   #5365
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
secretary

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 09:09 AM   #5366
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

secretary rules. Maggie Gylennhaal with a carrot in her mouth and a horse saddle on her back is... hot.

Old 02.05.2009, 09:19 AM   #5367
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Maggie is great.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 09:23 AM   #5368
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I bought Bebop about 6 years ago off of ebay for $20 for the whole series. It was almost obviously a bootleg but it had the best packaging I've ever seen on anything I've ever bought in my LIFE, so uh.. I dunno. All the discs had the episodes in perfect quality, no shitty subtitles, with tons of special features. Then, I got on Amazon and saw the same set going for like $90. So either I was just lucky or this was the greatest bootleg EVER.

....Regardless, I'd reccomend just buying the whole series if you can, you won't be sorry.

I d/l'd the bootleg a while back. I haven't gotten through the whole thing, but it is great. I'm not even big on anime, but the style and music on CB is fantastic.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 10:36 AM   #5369
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

I never get sick of this one. It's funny to me everytime.
Old 02.05.2009, 10:36 AM   #5370
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Herzog's documentaries are also worth checking out. Land of Silence and Darkness, Little Dieter Needs to Fly, Fata Morgana.
Old 02.05.2009, 10:38 AM   #5371
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Well I don't think bing squints are sexy

you do understand she is asian right?

Old 02.05.2009, 10:41 AM   #5372
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
'The Wrestler'

Surprisingly good.

the wrestler was very good, very sad too.
Old 02.05.2009, 11:56 AM   #5373
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses

5/10

I've been waiting and waiting to see this movie because I love everything Anderson, and I don't know why I kept putting it off. I finally watched it last night, and I've got to say, it was so-so. Even though I enjoy Indian culture and movies based around it, I didn't feel like it melded well with Anderson's style. It would go from sitar music straight into Anderson's typical Paul-Simon-esque soundtrack in an instant, and this didn't work too well for me. His charactors were standard Wes Anderson charactors as well, seemingly lifted straight out of the Glass family in Franny and Zooey, but this time I didn't feel any depth to them. It almost felt like somebody else was attempting to make a Wes Anderson film.
Old 02.05.2009, 12:29 PM   #5374
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
My cousin has the entire CB series on DVD, maybe the same "bootlegs". I remember watching a fair amount of the discs with him, but I never got to finish the series. Bebop was pretty damn entertaining, and this is coming from someone who isn't much of an anime kind of guy.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 12:31 PM   #5375
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Luke Wilson did not help wes anderson write this movie. he brings something deeper to the connections that wes makes in his sfcripts. I thought darjeeling was a 6/10, but it would have been much better had Luke participated.
Old 02.05.2009, 12:34 PM   #5376
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Ah, I remember noticing that in the credits, but I didn't make that connection. Luke is much deeper than Owen, that is for sure, and his lack of presence is probably, as you say, the main reason this movie feels so shallow and superficial.
Old 02.05.2009, 12:39 PM   #5377
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I thought Darjeeling was a 7/10. Much better than Life Aquatic.
Old 02.05.2009, 12:40 PM   #5378
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Ooooh, no, I have to disagree. Life Aquatic was fantastic. I can see how a fan of the standard Anderson may not like it though. It felt like Anderson had Michel Gondry assist him, but I love it.
Old 02.05.2009, 01:01 PM   #5379
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Life aquatic gets better and better everytime I see it.
I give it a 9/10.
Old 02.05.2009, 01:44 PM   #5380
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I only liked the 2nd half of Life Aquatic. Or I guess you could say it was an OK film with an incredible ending. Just didnt seem as consistent beginning-end as most Anderson films. I mean style-wise, whatever. I love Gondry's films as well, so whatever. But yeah. I just was sort of bored, or not thrilled with most of the expedition. But like I said, the climax was stunning.
219259266267268 269 2702712722793193697691269 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth