Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.09.2017, 04:49 AM   #8101
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Wow ... just wow.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2017, 05:17 AM   #8102
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Amidst the epic insanity ... Neymar was on another planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Suarez, on the other hand, is a diving TWAT

It's ugly but I can't criticise him for it, any more than I could for his hand ball against Ghana. If a West Ham player was in an equivalent position, with something huge at stake (most realistically a relegation 6 pointer), I'd want him to do the same thing.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2017, 09:19 AM   #8103
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It' was a match that makes me feel a bit sorry for people who don't like football.

That was exactly what I said to my friend who I was watching it with. If somebody couldn't watch that and not get slightly caught up in the emotion, then I don't think I'd want to know that person.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2017, 11:18 AM   #8104
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Suarez, on the other hand, is a diving TWAT

Also, he bites people. Imagine if he were a stoner — he'd get the fuckin' MUNCHIES!!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2017, 12:18 PM   #8105
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
so, on good bundesliga news today, wolfsburg beat rb leipzig 1-0 with a goal from mario gomez

unfortunately for me, dortmund, who is chasing leipzig for the 2nd place, got beaten 2-1 by hertha berlin.

so they remain 6 points away behind leipzig. damn.

and bayern of course knocked frankfurt 3-0 this morning so now they're 10 points ahead of everyone else.

it's okay....

=======

question for the ingleses: arsenal vs lincoln something on the FA cup today? i have a chance to see it. should i? leaning towards the no....
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2017, 12:41 PM   #8106
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm watching it for as long as Lincoln have a chance. If Arsenal lose this that'll 100% mark the end for Wenger.
Old 03.11.2017, 01:04 PM   #8107
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hm... i'll take a peek...

--

looked boring, then a goal.

6 min stoppage time? was there some incident that required an ambulance?

stadium half empty!
Old 03.11.2017, 02:10 PM   #8108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

decided to skip the second half and instead will watch the full length of the barcelona-psg historical cataclism that i only caught at the end this past week
Old 03.11.2017, 04:29 PM   #8109
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

finished watching plus rewatched highlights of arsenal-bayern

---

first thing, arsenal: i was sorry about the abusive result but also in wenger's defense arsenal was doing very well until koscienly fucked it up for them. watch that game & see. why nobody wants to crucify kosciely for his fuckup? wenger didn't make him commit that stupid foul. i feel bad for the old man. then again, he could have switched tactics but didn't (can arsenal ever switch tactics?).

second: barcelona. great achievement and all, insane last few minutes, but let us also give credit to psg shitting the bed. instead of trying to score a 2nd (very doable, di maria almost made it happen), they take out draxler and put in a defender. nah.

had they put in a 2nd goal it probably would have taken the wind out of barca's sails. bad strategy in my view, as barca had no away goals, but hindsight is 20/20.

as for suarez beign a twat, sure whatever, but i thought he was brilliant all along, was always fighting for a goal, and when it came to diving-- everybody was kung fu fighting. marquinhos diving, neymar diving, everyone diving, and why do you put your arm on suarez throat, fuck that, good penalty even if he doesn't fall. as the commentators said marquinhos wasn't even looking at the ball.

so, yeah, great historic game and amazing mental presence by barcelona (with the help of an INSANE and gloriously supporting crowd) and very poor showing & decision-making by PSG and their coach. oh man. the last 10 minutes of the game were barcelona's glory. but the first 85 were psg blowing their chances.
Old 03.11.2017, 05:38 PM   #8110
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I thought the sending off for Koscielny was a bit harsh (a penalty, yes, but no more) but either way, like in the 1st leg, when he went off, Arsenal just collapsed. Their problem is, apart from Sanchez, they never seem to have the heart for a fight. As soon as something goes against them, it's like they give up. It's been an issue with them for years so Wenger has to ultimately take responsibility.

I agree that PSG approached the game all wrong. They should've tried to kill the game with an early goal. But full credit to Barca's rising to the occasion, especially after Cavani did score. It was the polar opposite of Arsenal who seem convinced they can win games on skill alone, when the truly great teams (like Barcelona) know it's as much about mental strength as quick feet. Not just the obvious ones like Suarez but even Messi, Neymar and Iniesta. They'll fight for a win. That's why Sanchez will leave Arsenal. He looks at his teammates, and at Wenger, and he just doesn't see that kind of spirit.
Old 03.11.2017, 06:59 PM   #8111
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yeah it was harsh on the action itself, but it was correct on the updated "dogso" rule which is why the lineman called the ref for a revision and the red was applied. it was a pull with no possibility to play the ball.

as for the heart in a fight-- okay, i hear that. and yeah they deflated horribly.

and back to barcelona --this is why suárez is so fucking incredible. from the start, blam, scores, and every time, you see it in his face, he wants it more than anybody else, he never fucking quits. he's got, what's the word, "spirit." it's not just balls-- it's-- he really fucking wants to win. whatever shortcomings he's shown over the years always stem from that. and that i can totally forgive in a player.

but the whole of barcelona--and the crowd--were amazing in those last minutes, i mean, everyone was standing up, right? (or maybe i dreamed it). it was a glorious sight. it was like that movie with rocky and pelé and the concentration camp. ah ah ah ha. i'm glad i witnessed that last goal live. it was fucking magic. and the replay did not disappoint. someone should make a movie out of it.

now i'm really intrigued for what they can do the rest of the tournament. fingers crossed for bayern to avoid them until the final ha ha ha.
Old 03.11.2017, 08:29 PM   #8112
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
now i'm really intrigued for what they can do the rest of the tournament.

Every team's entitled to a disaster (PSG 1st leg) and a wonder-game (PSG 2nd leg). I think you almost have to forget both matches due to their freakishness. Barcelona are good enough to go all the way but so are all the other sides left in it. But I suppose one thing in their favour now is that whoever they face from no, they'll believe they're almost immortal.
Old 03.12.2017, 02:55 AM   #8113
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
There's no clear, obvious winner for this Champions League (then again when is there? Rarely). For me, I can see Bayern doing it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2017, 05:05 AM   #8114
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Bayern v Barca would be the best final for me. In a single game, the outcome's impossible to predict at the best of times but between those two even more-so. Although I'd say Barca's style suits Bayern more than the other way around, just because I'd say Bayern have the better defence. Barca probably edge it in attack but then Lewandowski is arguably even more clinical a finisher than Messi, Neymar or Suarez. And if Barca's defence stand off of Robben the way Arsenal did, well ... we know.

Given two legs are obviously more conclusive than one, I'd almost rather they met beforehand, but the intensity of them meeting in the final would be brilliant. And just the fact the winner automatically gets to be called Champions of Europe

It'll be interesting if Barca do win it, that their manager will be resigning straight after.
Old 03.12.2017, 07:14 AM   #8115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

xabi alonso and lahm are retiring at the end of the year so bayern best do it right now.

but im not as sure they'd make it to the end as you guys. i've seen them rise to challengers, sure, and play to the level required, but i haven't really seen them overcome a really major opponent. a spineless arsenal isn't a serious test, is it?

on good news, ancelotti's new freedom seems no longer disorienting to players. plus, boateng came back from injury yesterday.

as for barcelona, that's exactly what i meant--- now that they know what they're really capable of doing, i don't know what could stop them...
Old 03.12.2017, 10:06 AM   #8116
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Barca's only worry now is that they could blow it through over confidence whereas, as you say, Bayern haven't been properly tested yet, so won't really know how good they are. But key players in both teams know what it takes to win the cL so I'd say neither side are in much danger of freezing.

Sad to see Xabi Alonso retiring. What a great great player. Massively underrated. It feels like he's always been overshadowed by Pirlo in terms of broader recognition but quite honestly, I prefer Alonso just because I think he had more to his game - espcially defensively. Either way he's never had a team built around him the way Pirlo has, but then it could be argued that Pirlo's never had to deal with the competition (in terms of teammates) that Alonso has.

Lahm's clearly one of the greats of his generation but when Pep started tinkering with his position I think he lost a lot of his potency. Not that he wasn't fine in other positions (and versatility is a great virtue in itself) but I wonder if his status won't suffer in the future as experts fail to agree on what his 'true' position was. (Surely Right Back, but I've heard people talking about him as a more natural Left Back, so who knows?)

The other massive retirement, although it's not quite official yet is Totti. Never the greatest player but an absolute icon who would've achieved so much more if he'd left Roma for Real but would've also probably lost some of his mystique. The ultimate one club player.

Old 03.13.2017, 04:52 AM   #8117
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
as for barcelona, that's exactly what i meant--- now that they know what they're really capable of doing, i don't know what could stop them...

Deportivo La Coruna could stop them, for example.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2017, 07:56 AM   #8118
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Deportivo La Coruna could stop them, for example.
ha ha ha ha

most likely post-match fatigue

same thing happened to dortmund in the weekend. lost vs. hertha berlin.

but bayern of course won anyway-- thought the defense was bad and they got lucky. and their best player ended up being mueller, who didn't play against arsenal

==

@ demonyo - lahm's a fullback, the midfielder business was a bit of baroque nonsense by pep--as for his position he started on the left and ended on the right but yeah he's a fullback for history. i think xabi alonso is fantastic and bayern will sure miss him-- pirlo though was something else not just because the teams were built around him but because they could be most effective that way-- definitely a genius playmaker above all else. totti is how old-- 40? that's goalkeeper retirement age!
Old 03.13.2017, 12:11 PM   #8119
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
i think xabi alonso is fantastic and bayern will sure miss him-- pirlo though was something else not just because the teams were built around him but because they could be most effective that way-- definitely a genius playmaker above all else.

God yeah. Don't get me wrong, Pirlo is incredible. I've just always had a soft-spot for those players, like Alonso, who can slot into almost any team without that team really having to adapt to them. I take it back though about preferring him to Pirlo, more like he's one of the modern eras most underrated players. Christ, the day I criticise Pirlo is the day I ... well I won't don't it. He's in that 'genius' category, alongside names like Xavi, that one simply doesn't fuck with.

Old 03.13.2017, 12:30 PM   #8120
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

speaking of xabi alonso going, i really look forward to javi martínez taking back his old midfielder spot.

with boateng back along hummels in central defense, javi m. is either benched or pushed forward.

fingers crossed for pushing him forward, cuz he was a beast in that role. not as elegant as xabi alonso but great in his own way-- more a tireless runner than a passer.

pep ruined that, btw... and here's to ancelotti seeing the light.

--

eta: been laughing @ that pirlo meme for the past 1/2 hour now
356396403404405 406 407408409416456506 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth