Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Goodnight, Sweet Prince - atsonicpark extended remix
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.06.2016, 12:15 AM   #341
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I still think of Adam.

I can pinpoint this moment that he had this great effect on me. We were talking once about Korn, and he went on and on about the brilliance of their debut album. Like pointing out these little things. And I feel like it was a band most dudes would call a guilty pleasure. But he was just into it. He appreciated it.

At that moment I realized that any shit that I might be in to that I felt like I should be embarrassed to admit, or consider a guilty pleasure: Fuck that. I like what I like.

Adam taught me that. And I've been okay with it ever since.

RIP, my friend.
Old 02.06.2016, 01:44 PM   #342
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
that exact same thing happened to me when he posted about korn on here one time

you site is down nr, if you need any tech support let me know
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2016, 02:03 AM   #343
Kuhb
children of satan

Kuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's asses
I've lurked on this site since around 2007, posting only sporadically, but atsonicpark/Adam was one main reasons I'd check here most weeks... the guy had a fascinating energy and pretty inspirational enthusiasm for consuming and creating art. I was turned onto so many great bands and artists by just lurking and seeing what this random guy from across the world would come up with next. It seems like, reading this, a lot of people feel a similar way about him.
Kuhb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2016, 09:59 AM   #344
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
This is terrible tidings indeed.

Holy shit, you.

I started watching El Topo last night. And of course I think of Adam.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2016, 12:40 PM   #345
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Reading and remembering in 2016.......

Seems like yesterday we were all on here blabbing about shit for hours.....

Miss this place, miss the simple pre facebook twitter snapchat internet....

Miss yousendit files, megauploads, hours trying to pist a fucking album art picture...... pre spotify....

Most of all miss AC........
Old 03.07.2016, 03:08 PM   #346
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
Reading and remembering in 2016.......

Seems like yesterday we were all on here blabbing about shit for hours.....

Miss this place, miss the simple pre facebook twitter snapchat internet....

Miss yousendit files, megauploads, hours trying to pist a fucking album art picture...... pre spotify....

Most of all miss AC........

yo Pauly! what's the craic? nice to see you around.

nicely said. same here!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2016, 01:08 PM   #347
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Bless you Adam. xxx
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2016, 02:05 PM   #348
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/0...th-toxicology/
Autopsy results show that Prince died of a self-administered overdose of Fentanyl, and his death was ruled accidental.

The autopsy report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office listed his weight at the time of death as 112 pounds.

An attorney said Prince had agreed to an intervention for painkiller addiction the day before he died.

Sheila E. has told the AP that Prince had physical issues from performing, citing hip and knee problems that she said came from years of jumping off risers and stage speakers in heels.

I'm not sure how they can say self-administered FENTANYL is accidental. If I drive a car at 130 mph and then flip it over, is that an accident?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2016, 03:42 PM   #349
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/0...th-toxicology/
Autopsy results show that Prince died of a self-administered overdose of Fentanyl, and his death was ruled accidental.

The autopsy report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office listed his weight at the time of death as 112 pounds.

An attorney said Prince had agreed to an intervention for painkiller addiction the day before he died.

Sheila E. has told the AP that Prince had physical issues from performing, citing hip and knee problems that she said came from years of jumping off risers and stage speakers in heels.

I'm not sure how they can say self-administered FENTANYL is accidental. If I drive a car at 130 mph and then flip it over, is that an accident?

Adam would have laughed sooo much at this misplaced post.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2018, 05:03 PM   #350
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Just ran into this. had to share. https://www.theindy.org/453 discussed atsonicpark's passing and his influence on one of our SYG folks.
Old 11.14.2018, 05:13 PM   #351
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Just ran into this. had to share. https://www.theindy.org/453 discussed atsonicpark's passing and his influence on one of our SYG folks.
wow!

a nice read

i know it’s supposed to be sad but i want to laugh because he lives on

and that makes me happy

yeah
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2018, 10:30 AM   #352
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
indeed
Old 11.30.2018, 11:22 AM   #353
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Funny how that kid thought ASP was mocking him just because he recommended over 400 bands at once. That was his shtick. Dude kept word documents full of bands, movies, etc. Some better than others, admittedly.

I feel ASP would appreciate the fact that he was so revered around here, but ultimately would likely call us all loons for putting him on such a pedestal - this article being a prime example of that.

Still, I'd love to find out whatever blogs he frequented while discovering new things. I'd go through his post history, but it always makes me too sad.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2018, 03:19 PM   #354
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
“Diesel” was a heavy-drinking British guy named Craig with a home recording project and a drinking problem.

Jajaja
I remember Adam calling me - something along the lines of - the biggest tosser on the entire forum. ..err..
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2018, 03:57 PM   #355
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I once got into a massive, multi-post argument with atsonicpark regarding what I perceived as an inability to truly judge cinematic works if you are only watching them on a small screen, or running in the background while you do other work. Some films are art only if experienced ina dark room, with a large bright screen in full focus, and with the audience all along for the same ride. Then again, you watch what you can when you can. He was always good for a lively discourse.....
Old 11.30.2018, 07:59 PM   #356
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I'd agree with all you said apart from the audience participation part. People, eww! Foken commoners. lel.
I know someone who watches movies at 2x speed on his mobile phone whilst in the office and apparently it's things he's into, well, apparently... Utterly baffling.

Reet. Adam - I think he stole my craic about using a 10 year old pc mic for recording and used it for his bands overview on their website once. I was fuming ...or mildly put-out, can't remember which, and then must've forgot about it. There, I was meant to mention this 5 years ago when I first read it but only just got round to it now, obviously. L the o to the foken L. Probably just a coincidence.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2018, 08:04 PM   #357
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Reet. Adam - I think he stole my craic about using a 10 year old pc mic for recording and used it for his bands overview on their website once. I was fuming ...or mildly put-out, can't remember which, and then must've forgot about it. There, I was meant to mention this 5 years ago when I first read it but only just got round to it now, obviously. L the o to the foken L. Probably just a coincidence.

He also worked at Wal-Mart, and shot all of his videos on some bizarre cheap toy camera, and edited them in Windows Movie Maker.

I think Adam just didn't have much $$ to play with and used the lo-fi aesthetic to his advantage. So likely a coincidence.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2019, 10:58 PM   #358
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
https://cruelwhip.bandcamp.com/album...HT5TyWzjIphOrk
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2019, 11:13 PM   #359
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome, I have some DEATH-ADDER stuff somewhere but I think they're just myspace rips (also R.I.P.)
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2019, 11:17 PM   #360
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Good find, I remember exploding plastic candle funnily enough.

This tho..
Quote:
Aside from a few Facebook messages, I never reached out to him personally. I knew him well enough to know he probably wouldn’t like me very much.
That's a shame because I didn't think he would like me either cause I was a 14 year old kid bothering him on MSN messenger but we ended up great (no, best) friends eventually. I told him once that my first non-SYG message to him was "hey man where can I download some Robe. tapes?" and he was like "yeah I probably found you annoying hah"
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
151617 18
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth