Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Summer 2012: the REAL summer of superheroes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.02.2011, 09:48 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
there have been others that have been penned by the media as "the summer of the super hero", (see: Hulk, Iron Man, Dark Knight in 2008; X-Men First Class, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America in 2011), but check this shit...

Summer 2012:

The Amazing Spider-Man
The Avengers
Man Of Steel (alleged title of Superman reboot)
possibly Iron Man 3
and
The Dark Knight

Holy christ.

So.... who do you think will come out on top?

Avengers is not really a contender. It will have an ok first two weeks then tank. Iron Man just doesn't have a big enough fan base (comparatively speaking) to qualify him as a big contender. The real battle royale will be Superman VS Batman VS Spider-Man... the three biggest superheroes ever created.

Personaly, I think Spider-Man might make the most money, but Batman will win over the critics. Batman might have a shot at out-grossing Spidey, just because of all the drama surrounding the Spidey-Switch, and the change in tone of the new webslinger as compared to the old.

Superman has potential, however, to really blow shit up if it's done right. But since Snyder's at the helm, it probably won't be.

So it'll most likely come down to The Dark Knight Rises VS The Amazing Spider-Man.

What a fucking year this is going to be.

Yeah I'm a freaking nerdo. Any thoughts?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2011, 10:41 PM   #2
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
All of them are gonna suck hairy balls (this has always been true with movies based on comic books or graphic novels, even though i've liked some of them). Each and everyone will contain references to some of the most acclaimed stories that have been published in the comic books, but they all will fail to pay due respect to what has already been written and it's been used as some kind of source.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
the only one from that list I'm really excited about is TDKR.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2011, 08:48 AM   #4
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
the only one from that list I'm really excited about is TDKR.

exactly.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
I don't give anything about superheroes..they're all pretty lame these days.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2011, 10:11 AM   #6
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Well, yeah, TDKR is obviously ftw. The other films will all be simple frivolities, while Nolan's (apparent) masterwork is going to be something of substance as well as style.

I have no doubt TDKR will be the only one worth watching (I'll watch Man Of Steel to give it a chance, but Snyder is a cunt), I was just wondering which one you guys thought the public would like most.... which would come out on top in terms of ticket sales. :\
Old 08.03.2011, 10:45 AM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
despite my heaps of comics, "superheroes" are simply freaks in tights. fuck that.

give me an animated Alan Moore biography, complete with drugs and sex MAGICKS. give me Stray Toasters. give me Transmetropolitan.

eat a bag of dicks, Hollywood.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2011, 11:17 AM   #8
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
despite my heaps of comics, "superheroes" are simply freaks in tights. fuck that.

give me an animated Alan Moore biography, complete with drugs and sex MAGICKS. give me Stray Toasters. give me Transmetropolitan.

eat a bag of dicks, Hollywood.

Even though you have a penchant for nonsense, I agree with you.

Hollywood's take on superheroes has, overall, been a massive failure.
Old 08.03.2011, 11:29 AM   #9
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Also I like comics too.

And Alan Moore is the awesome.
Old 09.06.2011, 04:26 AM   #10
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Most of my movie collection consists of either movies adapted from comic/graphic novels, or movies that have comic/graphic novel spin offs. For the most part, I enjoy them. Of course some (elektra, daredevil, fantastic four, spiderman 1/2, etc) have been disappointing, we also have the ones done very well such as the incredible hulk (with norton as banner), the latest batman movies, iron man, thor and captain america were great, 300, v for vendetta, and despite popular opinion, I thought the watchmen movie was awesome. And how about AMCs tv series adaptation of THE WALKING DEAD!? That shit is fucking amazing. Mostly, these movies are intended to be a fun, yet interesting watch. Same as the source material. Comics aren't really meant to be mind blowing, life changing, read with some kind of revealing universal truth behind them. They are meant to be enjoyed. I mean, I like independent films and all, but when I'm not in the mood to watch something that makes me either kill myself or overthrow the government, I like to watch shit get blown up.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth