Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.07.2010, 07:40 AM   #1701
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
well yeah... but a collection is a collection. I mean really the only thing better than one Mega Man game is going to be a bunch of them.
Old 07.07.2010, 07:58 AM   #1702
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
It's still a game I can put in and not have to worry about putting another game in if I want to play another game. Hah.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 08:06 AM   #1703
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
oh yeah I heard about the Policenauts translation last year. That's awesome. I know yr a big Snatcher fan. Oh -- and how could I NOT be a Ninty fanboy? I run a friggin GB blog! haha.

15 years back we would have been enemies for gods sake, hahaha
but I love a lot of the Nintendo stuff and characters.
to be honest I hate SEGA what it is today, after they fired the whole crew of cool guys at the SEGA HQ the whole sonic franchise for example went downhill, they arent as badass as they were back in the ninties.
they are more known for their shit emulations (not even ports) of classics (sonic the hedgehog for the GBA). sad when I think about 15 years back that they were doing some of the best arcade ports ever done, or even creating kickass franchises of themselves (Streets of Rage, Sonic etc. all genesis era)
they also lost their pioneers attitude towards hardware, even if it was too expansive , they did it at last. when other companies waited 1 or two years to see what could be done better. the genesis kicked the NES ass when it was released, I kinda remember the impact it has on me when I first saw sonic the hedgehog compared to NES games. compared to music culture the pioneers thought doesnt mean much unfortunately. Games work the other way round, most of the time
...forcing myself to stop the rant...
hahahah

and yes SMW is pretty easy to just play through, but there is a LOT to play through and it takes some time to get it finished completely, even if you done it a few times. there was a lot for the money, compared to the new SMB editions.
and its still by far my favourite of the series, but I have to admit, nostalhia plays its part when it comes down to this. 16bit era is still where my gamers heart is at

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 08:10 AM   #1704
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The Genesis was a way better system than the SNES. SNES had like 5 of the best games of all time, but not much else. The Genesis had like 300 really good games for it though. Castlevania on the GEn. was better. Contra on the Gen. was better. Sparkster on the Gen. was better. Zombies Ate My Neighbors on the Gen. was better. Etc. The Genesis had a better controller (the 6 button), cooler graphics, and the best sound card in history. Beyond Oasis, Phantasy Star, Landstalker, and Shining Force were better than Breath of Fire, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, and every other SNES game, aside from Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger. The Genesis was a much better system. People often overlook how many AMAZING Treasure games came out for the Genesis. Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Heady, Light Crusader, and Alien Soldier all RULE. Also, any game Yuzo Koshiro did the soundtrack work for.. Streets of Rage, Shinobi, etc. Oh, and Sonic 2. Sonic fucking 2. Just owned.

But I think the DS is the best system of all time.

..The Dreamcast was the last great home console, though. I think the PS2 is great -- lots of good puzzle and strategy games -- but the Dreamcast just DESTROYED. The most unique games ever.. just amazing. All my favorite games -- Marvel vs capcom 2, Rez, Ikaruga -- all came out on the Dreamcast first. Amazing system. They still make games for it in Japan, y'know.

Old 07.07.2010, 08:14 AM   #1705
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
^agree on the soundcard, and on SOME games (Phantasy Star...) but I always loved the SNES controller, and I'm a bigger fan of SNES-style graphics in RPGS etc than the grainy look of a lot of Gen games. A good example is MKII... they look very different to me. And i prefer teh SNES look. But whatever, I grew up on both. I had SCD and SNES at launch, so I was pretty equally into shit.
Old 07.07.2010, 08:17 AM   #1706
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
The Genesis was a way better system than the SNES. SNES had like 5 of the best games of all time, but not much else. The Genesis had like 300 really good games for it though. Castlevania on the GEn. was better. Contra on the Gen. was better. Sparkster on the Gen. was better. Zombies Ate My Neighbors on the Gen. was better. Etc. The Genesis had a better controller (the 6 button), cooler graphics, and the best sound card in history. Beyond Oasis, Phantasy Star, Landstalker, and Shining Force were better than Breath of Fire, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, and every other SNES game, aside from Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger. The Genesis was a much better system. People often overlook how many AMAZING Treasure games came out for the Genesis. Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Heady, Light Crusader, and Alien Soldier all RULE. Also, any game Yuzo Koshiro did the soundtrack work for.. Streets of Rage, Shinobi, etc. Oh, and Sonic 2. Sonic fucking 2. Just owned.

But I think the DS is the best system of all time.

..The Dreamcast was the last great home console, though. I think the PS2 is great -- lots of good puzzle and strategy games -- but the Dreamcast just DESTROYED. The most unique games ever.. just amazing. All my favorite games -- Marvel vs capcom 2, Rez, Ikaruga -- all came out on the Dreamcast first. Amazing system. They still make games for it in Japan, y'know.

I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
even if my favourite is sonic 3, but also nostalgiadriven, sonic 2 comes close. both games feature one of the best OSTs ever made for a game.
recently purchased contra hard corps, and like I said here before, its the best installment in the history of contra. and thats a DIFFICULT game, challenging like the fuck.

the soundcard is pure awesome bliss!!!!
I am still on the waiting list for the midi-genesis interface!!!!!
btw

eat this SNES community:
http://media.strategywiki.org/images...gon_Boxart.jpg

I thinking of a preorder, anybody played the demo yet?

and i didnt want to start another 16bit war, even if its entertaining, hahaaha

Old 07.07.2010, 08:18 AM   #1707
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

For me, the Genesis will always be the definitive Mortal Kombat system. If only because of the first game.

Say it with me, everyone!

A
B
A
C
A
B
B

Old 07.07.2010, 08:19 AM   #1708
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Hey al, I remember a few years ago someone was making a brand new Genesis rpg and it looked AWESOME. Did you hear anything about this?

Old 07.07.2010, 08:19 AM   #1709
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Found it!

http://www.piersolar.com/

Old 07.07.2010, 08:19 AM   #1710
noisereductions
invito al cielo

MK is much better on Gen. But MKII is waaaaaaaaay better on SNES. It is what it is.

But wahtever. I'm not a SNES fanboy. I'm a GB(A) fanboy.
Old 07.07.2010, 08:20 AM   #1711
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

This thread reminds me that for my next movie, I want to make a sequence like an RPG.. I think I will actually design something in RPG Maker and have it appear in the movie haha...

Old 07.07.2010, 08:21 AM   #1712
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Hey al, I remember a few years ago someone was making a brand new Genesis rpg and it looked AWESOME. Did you hear anything about this?

its beggars prince!!!!

but it wasnt original from scratch!
I think they reused a known engine for that.

Pier solar is completely fresh and original

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
MK is much better on Gen. But MKII is waaaaaaaaay better on SNES. It is what it is.

But wahtever. I'm not a SNES fanboy. I'm a GB(A) fanboy.

which is almost a snes for your pocket, hrhrhrrh

Quote:
This thread reminds me that for my next movie, I want to make a sequence like an RPG.. I think I will actually design something in RPG Maker and have it appear in the movie haha...

that reminds me of the 16bit cyberpunk music video I wanted to make for my own music...
man I still want to do this, and got a semifinished track for that in the pipeline

Old 07.07.2010, 08:21 AM   #1713
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

DS with GBA (not the lite version that eliminated it) is the best.

GBA.. fuck... FUCK!!!!!!!

SCURGE: HIVE
POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE
SUPER GUNSTAR HEROES
METROID FUSION
METROID: ZERO MISSION

all those snes ports

cream...

Old 07.07.2010, 08:23 AM   #1714
noisereductions
invito al cielo

GBA rules.
Old 07.07.2010, 08:23 AM   #1715
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

pier solar is the link I posted after I said "eat this" hahahaah
but it isnt released yet. december 2010!!!!!!

Quote:
DS with GBA (not the lite version that eliminated it) is the best.

GBA.. fuck... FUCK!!!!!!!

SCURGE: HIVE
POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE
SUPER GUNSTAR HEROES
METROID FUSION
METROID: ZERO MISSION

all those snes ports

cream...

my lite features GBA!

dont forget about gunstar heroes for the genesis!!!

anybody played both?
was recently thinking bout purchasing the gba one

Old 07.07.2010, 08:27 AM   #1716
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I already said Gunstar for the Genesis. Treasure is my favorite developer of all time!

And yeah I've played both. I have both. I have every Treasure game ever released here, and some not released here. Haha.

........basically, it's a remake with some extra shit. But no 2 player. Which is RETARDED. But it's still cool.

Old 07.07.2010, 08:27 AM   #1717
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

OH FUCK, ALL THE METROIDVANIA GAMES FOR THE GBA AND DS.

FUCKKKKKKKKKK.

HOW COULD I FORGET THOSE.

BEST GAMES EVER.

fuck

Old 07.07.2010, 08:29 AM   #1718
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I already said Gunstar for the Genesis. Treasure is my favorite developer of all time!

And yeah I've played both. I have both. I have every Treasure game ever released here, and some not released here. Haha.

........basically, it's a remake with some extra shit. But no 2 player. Which is RETARDED. But it's still cool.

2player wouldnt function on the DS, so thats okay with me.
would you sell me Alien Soldier on the "Mega Drive"?
if yes, how much?
it wasnt released for the US genesis, was it?

Old 07.07.2010, 08:36 AM   #1719
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

no I can't sorry! haha. it wasn't released here but I can play it with some saucy means.

it's probably like $15 on ebay.

Old 07.07.2010, 08:40 AM   #1720
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Metroid Fusion is unreal.
76838485 86 87888996136186 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth