Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Baker's Dozen Game - Movie Edition
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

Destroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to behold
This was a fun little game, very popular in most movie forums...

Rules

1. A topic is given and the object is to reach thirteen things that fit the topic. (e.g.: Topic = Tom Hanks Movies: 1. "Forest Gump"; 2. "The Terminal"; and so on.)

2. Players take turns alternating with other players adding ONE ANSWER AT A TIME to the end of the list after CUTTING AND PASTING THE ENTIRE LIST for the current topic into their post. Players may not add consecutive answers by replying to one of their own posts.

3. The player adding the thirteenth item creates the next topic and adds the first answer.

4. The player adding the second item changes the subject line to reflect the new topic.

5. Unless called for or specifically permitted as part of the topic, repeating the same actor, movie, role, etc. as an answer to a topic (e.g.: Topic = Actors Playing Soldiers: 1. Goldie Hawn as Pvt. Judy Benjamin in "Private Benjamin"; 2. Eileen Brennan as Capt. Doreen Lewis in "Private Benjamin" or 1. Audie Murphy as Pvt. Joe Woodley in "Joe Butterfly"; 2. Audie Murphy as Capt. Bruce Coburn in "40 Guns to Apache Pass") is discouraged and should be avoided.

6. Unless there are a limited number of valid answers or it is called for or specifically permitted as part of the topic, using multiple sequels or remakes as more than one answer to a topic (e.g.: Topic = Spy Movies: 1. "Dr. No"; 2. "Goldfinger"; 3. "Thunderball"; 4. "Moonraker" or Topic = Spy Movie Villains: 1. "Dr. No from Dr. No"; 2. "Auric Goldfinger from Goldfinger"; 3. "Emilio Largo from Thunderball"; 4. "Jaws from Moonraker") is discouraged and should be avoided.

7. Unless there are a limited number of valid answers or it is specifically permitted as part of the topic, repeating the same “answer key word” as more than one answer to a topic (e.g.: Topic = Movies with a Color in the Title: 1. "Blue Hawaii "; 2. "The Blue Lagoon"; 3. "The Thin Blue Line"; 4. "A Patch of Blue") is discouraged and should be avoided.

8. Theatrical release movies are preferable, but direct to video and made for TV movies are acceptable unless otherwise specified in the topic.

9. After posting, check to see if another response has preceded yours - if so, update your post to include the missing answer(s) or delete your post – whichever is more appropriate.

--

Got that?

(I guess it wouldn't be as popular/continuous or as challenging since this isn't in a forum full of film buffs, but I'm sure collectively we've seen a plenty!) Here goes...

--

13 Movies With Numbers in The Title

1. Two for the Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself on Russell Brand
He is one of many 'comedians' Britain is churning out that I would gladly see die. Like I always say, better people have been shot dead.

Destroy Rock 'n' Roll is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 03:01 PM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy Rock 'n' Roll

1. Two for the Road
2. The Goonies
(Did I do it correctly?)
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 03:03 PM   #3
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

Destroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to beholdDestroy Rock 'n' Roll is a splendid one to behold
Noo!

I'll correct you.

1. Two for the Road
2. The Goonies (wherever the number is in that title?)

Quote:
He is one of many 'comedians' Britain is churning out that I would gladly see die. Like I always say, better people have been shot dead.

Old 12.19.2006, 03:19 PM   #4
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

Quote:

Old 12.19.2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/s...07#post9742707

Quote:

Old 12.19.2006, 03:21 PM   #6
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings

Quote:

Old 12.19.2006, 04:42 PM   #7
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 09:23 PM   #8
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango

Quote:

Old 12.19.2006, 09:25 PM   #9
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6:The Seven Samuri
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 09:53 PM   #10
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6. The Seven Samuri
7. Eight-Legged Freaks

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 08:26 AM   #11
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6. Seven Samurai
7. Eight-Legged Freaks
8. One Eyed Jacks

Quote:

Old 12.20.2006, 08:34 AM   #12
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6. Seven Samurai
7. Eight-Legged Freaks
8. One Eyed Jacks
9. Seven

(surely this doesn't just have to be about movies though... i know we all seen movies here, but wouldn't we be more suited to some kind of musical topic? or actually judging by the clientel (sp?) random nonsense topics?)
Old 12.20.2006, 08:38 AM   #13
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
(surely this doesn't just have to be about movies though... i know we all seen movies here, but wouldn't we be more suited to some kind of musical topic? or actually judging by the clientel (sp?) random nonsense topics?)

Yeah, good point. I can't see why not.

Shall we retire this thread, or is there a moderator about who could alter the thread title?

Quote:

Old 12.20.2006, 09:08 AM   #14
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
oh its fun enough for now.... no need to eradicate all trace of it's exisitence. just we'll have a different type of topic next time.
Old 12.20.2006, 12:52 PM   #15
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6. Seven Samurai
7. Eight-Legged Freaks
8. One Eyed Jacks
9. Seven
10. K-911

Quote:

Old 12.20.2006, 03:20 PM   #16
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6. Seven Samurai
7. Eight-Legged Freaks
8. One Eyed Jacks
9. Seven
10. K-911
11. 2001: A Space Odyssey
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 03:26 PM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6. Seven Samurai
7. Eight-Legged Freaks
8. One Eyed Jacks
9. Seven
10. K-911
12. 12 Monkeys
Old 12.20.2006, 03:26 PM   #18
atari 2600
invito al cielo

1. Two for the Road
2. Thirteen Ghosts
3. Three Kings
4. Thirteen
5. Two to Tango
6. Seven Samurai
7. Eight-Legged Freaks
8. One Eyed Jacks
9. Seven
10. K-911
12. 12 Monkeys
13. The 39 Steps

12/06/06
Scala
London, UK
Encoding: .avi video
Size: 49MB
Line-up:
Bruce Lose - vocals
Ted Falconi - guitar
Steve DePace - drums
Krist Novoselic - bass
Buzz Osbourne - guitar
Dale Crover - percussion
Cody Willis - drums

------------------------------
PM for link
Amon Düül II - Surrounded By Stars
Phonzeit TV
1/18/75
Broadcast: WDR-TV (Germany) 6th Aug 2006
Encoding: .mpg video
Size: 38MB
Old 12.20.2006, 03:35 PM   #19
atari 2600
invito al cielo

1. Air Force One
2. 2 Days in the Valley
3. ¡Three Amigos!
4. Fantastic Four
5. 9 to 5
6. Six Degrees of Separation
7. The Magnificent Seven
8. Jennifer 8
9. The Whole Nine Yards
10. 10
11. Ocean's Eleven
12. 12 Monkeys
13. Friday the 13th

Old 12.20.2006, 09:24 PM   #20
Destroy Rock 'n' Roll
bad moon rising

Now that you were the poster to have posted the 13th title, you introduce the new baker's dozen.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth