Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why do you Hate WAL-MART??
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.06.2006, 10:48 AM   #1
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
well i hate it cause today i went there to get some medicine, and when i was about to leave , some guy whistled at me. it was probably one of the most disturbing experiences of my life. ugh it was so gross. this guy was like in his 30s maybe 40s......ahhh!!!! it was gross, i never want to go back there. i already hated it, but now i'm really never going back.!!!!
Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Let's see:
Pro-censorship
super shitty labor practices
Most annoying ad campaigns ever

I have never shopped there and I never will.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 11:46 AM   #3
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
30's isn't that old. ha. it doesn't sound that offensive to me, to be honest, to be whistling to a chick. but i'm a dude...tho i have never done that.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 11:55 AM   #4
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I have never whistled at a girl in my life (who in their right mind thinks that stuff works?).
Thanks for making me feel old, though. That was awesome.
Old 04.06.2006, 11:55 AM   #5
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
But Wal-Mart sucks. they don't treat their employees very well. it's well documented via law suits from employees etc. Wal-Mart is number one in profits in the U.S and possibly the world. they can afford a few more bucks for their workers, give me a break. plus, they get the state to cover their health insurance. what the fuck is that? go to Target, they're blue.

Old 04.06.2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
okay i'm only 19. 30 or 40 compared to 19 is definetly alot older
Old 04.06.2006, 12:01 PM   #7
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

For sure it is.
Creepy, but Wal Mart as an institution is much creepier than any creepy employees.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:04 PM   #8
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
i don't hate wal-mart. i actually admire them for being so damn good at what they do (viz., keeping prices down) that they've been able to beat the hell out of all the competition.

their supposed "unfair labor practices" are in fact eminently fair; even though they aren't paying their overseas workers US minimum wage, their wages are an extreme step up from backbreaking labor in the fields simply for subsistence. on the charge that they "put small businesses out of business," hey, that's how capitalism works. and regarding the charge that they don't provide enough health care for their workers, would you rather they pay benefits like gm and endure loss after loss under the extreme financial pressure?

and regarding whistling pervert types, that could have happened just as easily . . . well, somewhere other than wal-mart. that's the guy's problem, not the corporation's.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 12:06 PM   #9
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Just being good at making money is no reason to admire a business.
The way capitalism works is by consumers supporting businesses that they feel comfortable supporting. It is NOT always just about who is cheapest.
Fuck a Wal Mart.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:07 PM   #10
Laila
the end of the ugly

i don't hate walmart cause of the way they run the store or employees or anything like that. i just hate it cause you go in there to buy one fucking thing and it takes you like an hour to get your ass out of there. and the stores are so unbelieveably huge that it takes forever to get what you want. and that guy that whistled at me didn't work there, he was just some wierdo that was there.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:11 PM   #11
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Just being good at making money is no reason to admire a business.
The way capitalism works is by consumers supporting businesses that they feel comfortable supporting. It is NOT always just about who is cheapest.
Fuck a Wal Mart.

uuh . . . a consumer, being rational and therefore egoistic, is going to feel comfortable supporting the company that offers the lowest prices. unless he's some social justice type. if he thinks the company's business practices are unfair or immoral or whatever, you're right, he doesn't have to shop there, but being good under capitalism MEANS making money by offering something of value, and if you're good at that, that is the supreme reason to be admired.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:13 PM   #12
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
i dont much care for wal mart but your problems dont really have anything to do with them, if you only wanted one thing then why not just go to convience store?

also the wierdo is in no way connected to wal-mart
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 12:14 PM   #13
qprogeny79
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila
i don't hate walmart cause of the way they run the store or employees or anything like that. i just hate it cause you go in there to buy one fucking thing and it takes you like an hour to get your ass out of there. and the stores are so unbelieveably huge that it takes forever to get what you want. and that guy that whistled at me didn't work there, he was just some wierdo that was there.

that's fair.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:15 PM   #14
ricechex
the destroyed room

"would you rather they pay benefits like gm and endure loss after loss under the extreme financial pressure"?

haha..they r numero uno in profits, so have no fear of that happening.

Old 04.06.2006, 12:17 PM   #15
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
uuh . . . a consumer, being rational and therefore egoistic, is going to feel comfortable supporting the company that offers the lowest prices. unless he's some social justice type. if he thinks the company's business practices are unfair or immoral or whatever, you're right, he doesn't have to shop there, but being good under capitalism MEANS making money by offering something of value, and if you're good at that, that is the supreme reason to be admired.

Being a business that treats its employees well and does not show a consistent tendency to undermine the First Amendment is more admirable to me than just making a ton of cash. Making money via whatever means necessary, being predatory etc, is nothing to admire in my book. I am hardly an activist either, but it's pretty easy not to support this place.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:19 PM   #16
qprogeny79
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
"would you rather they pay benefits like gm and endure loss after loss under the extreme financial pressure"?

haha..they r numero uno in profits, so have no fear of that happening.

and? does the mere fact that wal-mart is profitable necessitate that they be burdened with whatever demands society may impose on them? if workers want to negotiate with wal-mart for better benefits, that's fair. but if the workers have a right to DEMAND whatever pay they choose, independent of wal-mart's profitability, that is another situation entirely. wal-mart, like any business, is in it for itself; it is not its brother's keeper, and no one may legitimately force it to be.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:19 PM   #17
ricechex
the destroyed room

and who say's they get to have state funded health insurance? why do they get seperate, special, treatment? capitalism is not based on unfair treatment.

Old 04.06.2006, 12:24 PM   #18
qprogeny79
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Being a business that treats its employees well and does not show a consistent tendency to undermine the First Amendment is more admirable to me than just making a ton of cash. Making money via whatever means necessary, being predatory etc, is nothing to admire in my book. I am hardly an activist either, but it's pretty easy not to support this place.

if wal-mart treated its employees poorly, no one would want to work for it. and i'm curious to see how you'd argue that wal-mart "undermines the first amendment" . . . the first amendment establishes limits only on the power of CONGRESS, not private corporations. if wal-mart wants to practice censorship, that is its prerogative.
Old 04.06.2006, 12:24 PM   #19
ricechex
the destroyed room

it's really an extension of a level playing field that, unfortunately, only the left makes an issue of. same reason millionaires pay same in taxes as someone making 200k.

Old 04.06.2006, 12:27 PM   #20
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Wal Mart will not offer any CDs with parental advisory stickers, make people change song titles for CDs their store carries, etc.
Yes, this is their prerogative as a private company, but I will not support a store that does this kind of thing.
If lowest prices are of utmost concern, why not just buy everything black or grey market?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth