Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY's Last Show Ever
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2006, 07:32 AM   #21
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
They should sacrifice some of their fans in a black mass.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 07:57 AM   #22
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
As long as it's also broadcast online.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 09:57 AM   #23
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
They should NOT smash guitars.
Lipslikewindows is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 10:04 AM   #24
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
They should smash flowers
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 10:25 AM   #25
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
it'll probably be a show in some small new york club where 90% of the tickets are given out to industry people, and sonic youth play whatever insipid rubbish they're churning out in 10 years time.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 01:17 PM   #26
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
it'll probably be a show in some small new york club where 90% of the tickets are given out to industry people, and sonic youth play whatever insipid rubbish they're churning out in 10 years time.

you're 10 pounds of evil in a 5 pound sack, is
what you are.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 01:27 PM   #27
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I think they should do what the smashing pumpkins did have one big last show that covers their entire career. I'd like to see them extend all the songs too from the first ep, up to RR.(just not a lot from RR).

Realistically though i dont ever see them really quitting. They seem like people that live and breathe music and wouldn't just hang it up. I imagine the end of sonic youth would be during a gig when they're all a lot older and one of them just keels over during a song and out of respect to the fallen memmber they finish the song and make it an unbelievable jam.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 01:30 PM   #28
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
I think they should do what the smashing pumpkins did have one big last show that covers their entire career. I'd like to see them extend all the songs too from the first ep, up to RR.(just not a lot from RR).

Realistically though i dont ever see them really quitting. They seem like people that live and breathe music and wouldn't just hang it up. I imagine the end of sonic youth would be during a gig when they're all a lot older and one of them just keels over during a song and out of respect to the fallen memmber they finish the song and make it an unbelievable jam.

Old 07.25.2006, 01:32 PM   #29
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
not a cool thread title.. sy will probably quietly announce the split and the end of sonic life but it pronbably wont happen for a while yet so lets not tempt fate eh?
Old 07.25.2006, 01:39 PM   #30
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesiac3240
When they do break up and decide to end it, how do you think they should do it?

I think they should play their setlist in chronological order, playing the earliest songs first. And at the end they should completely smash their instruments in symbolism and do no encore.

Thats what i think anyway....

Old 07.25.2006, 05:12 PM   #31
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
why do you all want sonic youth to go out in a blaze of corny pseudo-symbolic melodrama?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 05:18 PM   #32
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. I get that sense too. Sonic Youth is on a different tier than Smashing Pumpkins anyhow.

I, for one, don't like the posts about the inevitable dissolving of the best band on the planet. This is one case in which I prefer to live in denial & pretend that Sonic Youth will always be putting out albums & touring...or at least for another 10 years...give or take a few. It's not that inconceivable, really. After all, no one would have ever expected them to be going this long...& this strong.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 05:21 PM   #33
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
they should pump courtney's stomach and spray the contents on the audience.
Old 07.25.2006, 05:58 PM   #34
Secret Boys
bad moon rising

Secret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard sucka
progressive shedding of clothes until it's a naked writhe fest with lydia lynch
Secret Boys is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 06:30 PM   #35
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I think they should let on like they're going to put out a new album, going through the motions of interviews and magazine ads and whatnot. Then on the album's release date, they should reveal that it was all just a joke and that there is no album, and consequently, no more tour dates, so all of the people who were at their last show had no idea that it was their last show. Anyway, I think the whole thing would be pretty amusing, and I'd respect them for going through all of that trouble.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 06:40 PM   #36
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth will die ON STAGE while performing the outro to The Diamond Sea. Lee will be the first to go- his head will just explode due to a pre-amp overload, like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Kim will run at Thurston, cling, and then the couple will fall into an amp stack, exploding. As Steve performs his long-awaited vocal debut among this, the exploding stax will crash down on top of him, effectively killing the Sonic Youth in one 10-second destruct-o-rama.

As the curtains close, Jim O'Rourke, Richard Edson, Bob Bert and Jim Sclavunos will walk on stage with Courtney Love in a cage. They turn their shotguns/jazzblasters on her. After she is gone, they shoot themselves in the head- destroying all remaining Sonic Youth members anyone ever knew about.

Ann DeMarinis shows up to perform a keyboard encore.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 07:04 PM   #37
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
If anyone manages to get hold of a bootleg of that, could they please put it on Badongo? Thanks in advance.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 07:07 PM   #38
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
They should sacrifice some of their fans in a black mass.

Yes. A SY cult mass suicide. Amps turned up, all effects turned on and up. Extreme noise and death.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 07:08 PM   #39
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
they should play a two week show playing every song from every release, all the noise syr and eps included and have them die after they finish playing all.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 07:11 PM   #40
foldback
bad moon rising

foldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to all
What's with all the death? Man.
foldback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth