Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim performing with Nirvana tonight?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.13.2014, 08:54 PM   #101
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

i'd say that ISIS should be put in there one day, since ISIS definitely made some of the best rock music of all time, call it metalcore or post metal or whatever, its definitely up there in the pantheon.

Speaking of Isis have you listened to Palms with Chino from deftones? Its fucking EPIC good.. but the record suffers from poor production, check out this live show, FUCK!!

Quote:
now that im 25 i could give the first fuck about all this "underground" or "sellout" shit. shakespeares got to get paid son. it is in fact goddamn DECADENT for any of you spoilt teenagers to whine about artists making money any goddamn way they can, because homelessness, illness and poverty threatens ALL OF US except the ultra rich.

The older I get the less I care about the concept of selling out (hey folks got to make they money, bills don't pay themselves), but also the more I appreciate truly underground music and scenes..

Quote:
as if there was some "holy" space below the commercial radar in which pure, free, true self expression was being made and could like, give us its holy spirit or some shit. fuck that.

It can though.. its why even just seeing some mainstream bands at club gigs is so good. Sonic Youth secret show at the Filter party years ago was a MILLION times better than the bigger festival shows I've seen them headline.. The word intimate has become cliched, but it should still retain its original value in the experiential sense.. Underground is an experience, not a value.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2014, 09:01 PM   #102
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Its undoubtable that for most bands smaller shows are better, acoustic and atmosphere wise.

nice link btw
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2014, 09:05 PM   #103
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
nice link btw

Dude I have become OBSESSED with that show, I listen to it on the metro on the way to work at least once a week.. Its like everything I liked about Isis, and everything I liked about deftones, and combined it?? Also, Isis fans might hate me, but I think Chino's crooning and growls fit the Isis sound BETTER than Aaron (btw, they and me being from LA isis was kind of big here, and well appreciated, its why when I heard of Palms I think I pissed my pants in excitement..)

Old 04.13.2014, 09:49 PM   #104
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Think: Stooges
ha ha ha ha

cmon dude! do you ever think about anything else?

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2014, 02:43 PM   #105
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
"I have seen Sonic Youth in concert twice. Opening for Pearl Jam and opening for Wilco...they sucked both times. Absolutely terrible. They can't play their instruments and they can't write songs."

"Sonic Youth = noise."

"She was a total babe in the 90's. I know her ex, Thurston Moore, is a big fan of Nebraska"

"Never heard of kim Gordon or Sonic Youth."

Sonic Youth are a legendary band. I've seen them 4 times over the years including a February '91 gig at Eisenhower Hall at West Point Military Academy sharing an opening slot with Social Distortion for Neil Young & Crazy Horse's Ragged Glory tour (later immortalized as Weld) and in October '95 at The Roxy in Atlanta on the Washing Machine tour (my first Atlanta concert after moving there only two months earlier). Teenage Riot (from 1988's amazing Daydream Nation album) still sizzles and is easily one of my all-time favorite indie-rock tunes. Check them out.

"No clue who she is but I have heard of Sonic Youth. I googled them and was surprised to see what they looked like, I honestly thought they were an African-American boy band" my favourite one.

"By dissing Bruce at that gathering, Gordon knew she'd gain some free publicity for her flagging career--and apparently it's working. 8)"

"Now I know that Springsteen has been accused of mumbling as a singer and it is hard to decipher some of his lyrics, but there is no way he is as incoherent as that chick. And, oh-by-the-way, she could be a poster child for what drugs do to your body and how they prematurely age you. She looked pretty rough."

This is where some of the comments get nasty and stupid

"My rebuttal to Kim Gordon: "Kim Gordon sucks, and looks like a malformed barbie that needs plastic surgery"/"

"Someone put a bag over her head with eye/mouth holes cut out. No one needs to see that ugliness."

"Bruce is not indie enough for them."

"'m a fan of Sonic Youth;
Daydream Nation and Goo were played to death on my record player back in the day;
man, especially Goo, I frickin LOVED that record;
But, Unlike a previous poster, I don't think SY will ever get into the HOF.
I don't think they impacted the mainstream anywhere near enough to get consideration;
They've been hugely influential,
but so have Kraftwerk, Roxy Music, T Rex, The Jam, The Stone Roses, Wire etc etc and I doubt (unfortunately) that any of those bands will get in either."

"At her face looking like melted wax and meth

Bitch needs to check her face before she tries it with anyone"

Sorry but I don't take the opinions of an irrelevant meth addict seriously, if she were a man he'd be getting the same treatment just like I scalped Bon Jovi's 70 year old lesbian looking face the other week

"At Sonic Youth having 17 studio albums and NONE of them are certified anywhere in the world

None have ever wanted it"

"
Never heard this name until now. Some people dislike artists just because they're successful. Must have sold out along the way somewhere. Never dawned on them that working your ass off day after day for years on end does actually work out for some people."

TL;DR Bruce fans get angry. To be fair there were a fair few people defending her. These are just some of the comments. Bless.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2014, 03:24 PM   #106
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewt...?f=3&t=1179951

Just made an account for you to read it.

username-h8kurdt
password-kimgordon

Notice to Ron Instigator. There's some serious bashing about her looks.

anyone who wants to bash the "looks" of a 61 year old woman needs to get their head out of their ass.
Old 04.14.2014, 03:38 PM   #107
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and Bruce Springsteen does indeed suck.
Old 04.14.2014, 03:49 PM   #108
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
"I have seen Sonic Youth in concert twice. Opening for Pearl Jam and opening for Wilco...they sucked both times. Absolutely terrible. They can't play their instruments and they can't write songs."

"Sonic Youth = noise."

"She was a total babe in the 90's. I know her ex, Thurston Moore, is a big fan of Nebraska"

"Never heard of kim Gordon or Sonic Youth."

Sonic Youth are a legendary band. I've seen them 4 times over the years including a February '91 gig at Eisenhower Hall at West Point Military Academy sharing an opening slot with Social Distortion for Neil Young & Crazy Horse's Ragged Glory tour (later immortalized as Weld) and in October '95 at The Roxy in Atlanta on the Washing Machine tour (my first Atlanta concert after moving there only two months earlier). Teenage Riot (from 1988's amazing Daydream Nation album) still sizzles and is easily one of my all-time favorite indie-rock tunes. Check them out.

"No clue who she is but I have heard of Sonic Youth. I googled them and was surprised to see what they looked like, I honestly thought they were an African-American boy band" my favourite one.

"By dissing Bruce at that gathering, Gordon knew she'd gain some free publicity for her flagging career--and apparently it's working. 8)"

"Now I know that Springsteen has been accused of mumbling as a singer and it is hard to decipher some of his lyrics, but there is no way he is as incoherent as that chick. And, oh-by-the-way, she could be a poster child for what drugs do to your body and how they prematurely age you. She looked pretty rough."

This is where some of the comments get nasty and stupid

"My rebuttal to Kim Gordon: "Kim Gordon sucks, and looks like a malformed barbie that needs plastic surgery"/"

"Someone put a bag over her head with eye/mouth holes cut out. No one needs to see that ugliness."

"Bruce is not indie enough for them."

"'m a fan of Sonic Youth;
Daydream Nation and Goo were played to death on my record player back in the day;
man, especially Goo, I frickin LOVED that record;
But, Unlike a previous poster, I don't think SY will ever get into the HOF.
I don't think they impacted the mainstream anywhere near enough to get consideration;
They've been hugely influential,
but so have Kraftwerk, Roxy Music, T Rex, The Jam, The Stone Roses, Wire etc etc and I doubt (unfortunately) that any of those bands will get in either."

"At her face looking like melted wax and meth

Bitch needs to check her face before she tries it with anyone"

Sorry but I don't take the opinions of an irrelevant meth addict seriously, if she were a man he'd be getting the same treatment just like I scalped Bon Jovi's 70 year old lesbian looking face the other week

"At Sonic Youth having 17 studio albums and NONE of them are certified anywhere in the world

None have ever wanted it"

"
Never heard this name until now. Some people dislike artists just because they're successful. Must have sold out along the way somewhere. Never dawned on them that working your ass off day after day for years on end does actually work out for some people."

TL;DR Bruce fans get angry. To be fair there were a fair few people defending her. These are just some of the comments. Bless.

this is fucking priceless!
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2014, 03:50 PM   #109
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Btw. hearing Kim sing "eat me outta me" fullfilled every expectation.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2014, 06:28 PM   #110
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

so I see h8kurdt took my advice, those are generally the kinds of responses I've always gotten when mentioning sonic youth outside of this forum/SY community

Old 04.15.2014, 02:29 AM   #111
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
and Bruce Springsteen does indeed suck.

We'll have less of that.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2014, 08:10 AM   #112
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
We'll have less of that.

I'm just mad at him because I bought a 7" I thought was for I'm On Fire, but instead it was a live version of Bruce singing "Fire" (one of my most hated standards).

fucker ripped me off.
Old 04.15.2014, 08:48 AM   #113
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I posted hateful shit on that forum and it was "moderated" out of existance
Old 04.15.2014, 09:23 AM   #114
an evening with viewtiful
bad moon rising

an evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's asses
I feel like the decision to have women sing the songs (not to mention the fact that they sounded so great) says alot about Kurt Cobain and his music.

First off, I applaud this decision because it seems to acknowledge the sad dearth of male singers who pitifully try to emulate Kurt, or simply have nothing to add to his songs with less interesting vocal performances. Really, the only way to do a nirvana tribute without it seeming like corny Karaoke is to have women sing.

The fact that it worked so well is a testament to how truly androgynous Kurt's work and legacy is. Kurt was never David Lee Roth, Paul Stanley, or even Henry Rollins.. his lyrics and message were never about being a man or limited to a masculine experience/perspective.
Again, incredibly happy that they executed it this way.
an evening with viewtiful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2014, 10:09 AM   #115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
re: that other forum

those comments say everything about the people who wrote them, don't they? i mean… they're just talking about themselves, really.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2014, 10:15 AM   #116
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
kim is hotter than anyone in brad springfield's band.

anyway, bud spungen fans dont got shit on the queen of noise.

kim should form a noise disco punk band with le tigre.
Old 04.15.2014, 10:22 AM   #117
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
I read through that forum and was disappointed that it wasn't more Brooklyn-y...

Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2014, 10:40 AM   #118
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Springsteen is Jersey, not Brooklyn.

Old 04.15.2014, 10:42 AM   #119
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I wish my comment had not been moderated.

I mentioned hos the Boss is upset because his knock-off, John Cougar Mellencamp, wrote better songs than him. I also mentioned hoe Bruce is a multi millionaire who still sells himself as a blue-collar guy. bullshit.

I also mentioned how the old hags troll his concerts looking to suck on clarence clemons dead ballsac.
Old 04.15.2014, 11:02 AM   #120
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

clemon party

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth