Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth in Dublin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2009, 01:19 PM   #41
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperet
Did you secure the Daymount show yet Paul?

no , not yet lar...still searching tho!
Old 06.13.2009, 02:15 PM   #42
jasona
empty page

jasona has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
got tickets yahoo , we really do get ripped off here went to see them in dusseldorf and it was 30-35 euro ????? same kind of venue as vicar street rip off bleedin ireland great to see them come here though yahooooooooooo
jasona is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 07:35 AM   #43
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyohan
Don't imagine its the curator, so much as the promoter. Not having that stage would seriously restrict the capacity for the festival. Its been a permanent fixture at all the ATP's there since Thurston's (as an attempt to avoid the capacity issues in the venues that weekend), apart from the Melvins/patton one. I suspect they decision not to have it there was helped by low ticket sales.

Pretty sure that one sold out. Hell, did the fans one that's just happened even sell out?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 08:25 AM   #44
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Pretty sure that one sold out. Hell, did the fans one that's just happened even sell out?

The Melvins/Patton one sold out at a very reduced capacity; the whole site was noticeably very quiet that weekend. The Fans one didn't sell out, but was pretty packed, even with the main stage open.
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 03:39 AM   #45
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyohan
The Melvins/Patton one sold out at a very reduced capacity; the whole site was noticeably very quiet that weekend. The Fans one didn't sell out, but was pretty packed, even with the main stage open.

Waitaminute. So they say it's sold out, but they released a lot less tickets than usual. They say it isn't sold out and they released more tickets which is why it's so packed.

Why the fuck would they do that?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 04:26 AM   #46
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
looks like i picked the wrong of days to go on holiday, just found out about the vicar st. gig now! time to get my hands on some tickets

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 10:19 AM   #47
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
got mine yesterday, theres still ground tickets available!
Silver_Rocket is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 11:17 AM   #48
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Waitaminute. So they say it's sold out, but they released a lot less tickets than usual. They say it isn't sold out and they released more tickets which is why it's so packed.

Why the fuck would they do that?

Well, the decision to only have 2 stages at the Patton/Melvins one was announced pretty late. If I was being cynical, I'd say that decision was based on not having sold many tickets, so they could cut the capacity and reduce some costs and still call it a sell out.
Either way, I can't see it being an issue with the speed the MBV one is selling. They'll have the camp operating at full capacity and the Pavilion stage on the go for sure.
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 03:43 PM   #49
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
melvins/patton had 46 acts, this time 'around 40' is announced, so why would they use the pavilion is red's and the centre stage are there?

anyway: i really hope they keep it as small as the melvins/patton edition.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2009, 07:05 AM   #50
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
still about 200 tickets left at the moment as far as i know..... initial sales went fucking real quick! get there s.sphere!
Old 06.18.2009, 02:43 PM   #51
Mako
little trouble girl

Mako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's asses
Well I am very happy to say that there are some tickets left as I just got some beauties. Phew! New album rocks by the way, plain out rocks.
Mako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2009, 03:30 PM   #52
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

well played mako.....welcome to the board by the way!
Old 06.18.2009, 03:34 PM   #53
Mako
little trouble girl

Mako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's assesMako kicks all y'all's asses
Gracias. I was on a few years back but let it slide. Neil Young on Sunday to look forward to makes it a belle weekend. I'm still nervous after getting those tickets of gold!
Mako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2009, 08:33 AM   #54
Blue Eagle
empty page

Blue Eagle has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Flights from London now booked (Good ole Ryan Air and their £5 flights!!), looking forward to a cracking weekend in Dublin.

Will feel a bit more comfortable though when tickets are actually in hand.
Blue Eagle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2009, 09:23 AM   #55
Mr.K
empty page

Mr.K has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Fuck this,I'm going to Deerhunter instead.
Mr.K is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2009, 12:15 PM   #56
Brother
empty page

Brother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's asses
Hi folks, newbie here. I'm in for Dublin too. Looking forward to getting to know you lot in the meantime
Brother is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2009, 10:41 AM   #57
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

welcome brother..

man i sound black now1 cool!!!! gonna jizz on the meanside right now with my homies whilst the crib rebounds in time to all this shit, bitch!
Old 07.01.2009, 05:39 AM   #58
Brother
empty page

Brother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's assesBrother kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic regards to Wexford..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
welcome brother..

man i sound black now1 cool!!!! gonna jizz on the meanside right now with my homies whilst the crib rebounds in time to all this shit, bitch!
Brother is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 03:36 PM   #59
hand-in-glove
empty page

hand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant futurehand-in-glove has a brilliant future
are there still standing tickets left? how can i find out how many are left?
hand-in-glove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 05:14 PM   #60
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-in-glove
are there still standing tickets left? how can i find out how many are left?

according to ticketmaster, tickets are still available.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180042C98DF6410B?artistid=736153&majorcatid=10001& minorcatid=60

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth