Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Beck ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.27.2008, 11:59 AM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This thread could use some primus, rob!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2008, 12:03 PM   #22
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
beck was good when he tried to do his own thing.. he is now a jack of all trades and master of none.. each album has a handful of great momnets but inevitably they fall short of being non dull.. the last great album he made was odelay and that even had a few clangers on it..

beck is grand.. beck is fine, i have no problem with mr hansen being popular and being everywhere, im just not gonna become trendy by liking him (jeez, did i type that on a forum 10 years ago???) .

and anyway... he hasnt had a hit single in a while and that speaks volumes doesnt it......
Old 08.27.2008, 12:05 PM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'd say the last GREAT album he made was actually MUTATIONS.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2008, 12:06 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Besides your mouth, where is your favorite spot to get kissed?
my butt

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2008, 12:07 PM   #25
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
and anyway... he hasnt had a hit single in a while and that speaks volumes doesnt it......

I'm hoping that you're not being serious when you say that. Because talking about "hit singles" validating an artist is a little strange on the SY board.
Old 08.27.2008, 12:08 PM   #26
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Becktionary:

http://blog.joshlewis.org/video/becktionary.php
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2008, 12:08 PM   #27
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I'm hoping that you're not being serious when you say that. Because talking about "hit singles" validating an artist is a little strange on the SY board.

erm.. read the thread and you will see what i mean!

irony is given out on a ratio which is for me to know and you to decide!
Old 08.27.2008, 12:10 PM   #28
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Not when you are talking about somebody who HAS had hit singles. Granted some of the best bands have never seen a chart in their life, but when an artist or group has seen charts, the tops of charts, and multiple times, it can say something about them when they are still putting out albums but nothing is hitting it with the masses anymore.
Old 08.27.2008, 12:14 PM   #29
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

ha ha ha ha....... lets talk about hit singles from this point on..
boyzone and girls aloud now there are some groundbreaking quality artists....... the amount of hits they have had is only equal to the amount mike tysons wife had!!!!!

JESUS GUYS I WASNT BEING FUCKING SERIOUS ABOUT THE HIT SINGLE THING!!!!!
Old 08.27.2008, 12:19 PM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
You Haven't Played All Yr Hits Yet!
Old 08.27.2008, 12:23 PM   #31
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
ha ha ha ha....... lets talk about hit singles from this point on..
boyzone and girls aloud now there are some groundbreaking quality artists....... the amount of hits they have had is only equal to the amount mike tysons wife had!!!!!

JESUS GUYS I WASNT BEING FUCKING SERIOUS ABOUT THE HIT SINGLE THING!!!!!

I KNOW!!!

But since you said it, I was just making a point that came to my head.

While we may be pickier about our music, a lot of people aren't. People will rush out and buy the new Korn cd because THEY ARE AWESOME!! (nr)

So the fact that everybody and their mom had Odeley back in the day (and I mean that literally) and now only his true fans are picking up his music shows that in the majorities opinion, he now sucks. If they didn't think that then they would most likely be buying his cd's more and MTV would jump on the band wagon, make new videos, there would be hit singles, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not saying this is the standard for good or bad music, I'm just saying that if he can't keep the blind masses at Best Buy who buy anything they recognize happy, and he USED to be able to, then something has changed. For the better, or for the worse? I don't know, I guess it depends on his personal reasons for making music. Money: FTL. Creative Expression: FTW?
Old 08.27.2008, 12:32 PM   #32
noisereductions
invito al cielo

haha, Paulybee only likes "Kool Thing" and "Superstar."
Old 08.27.2008, 12:44 PM   #33
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

fuck that shit... i have monkey gone to heaven and 100%...thats the only grunge music i need....

oh and nickelback
Old 08.27.2008, 12:46 PM   #34
noisereductions
invito al cielo

haha, nicely played.
Old 08.27.2008, 05:41 PM   #35
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
dude, beck was MASSIVE when odelay came out. like a mega fucking star. he was on the radio all the time, mtv all the time, magazines galore, his music videos were inescapable (but also very good), and he performed at the 97 mtv vmas. he was really big for a while.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2008, 09:03 PM   #36
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Miss Vickie's kettle cooked jalapeno chips are awesome.

And so is Beck's "One Foot In The Grave" album.

I dont think anyone has yet to present a valid argument that can discredit the idea that Beck is a good musician/artist.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2008, 07:10 AM   #37
noisereductions
invito al cielo

cars, first off Miss Vickie's chips rule all the way around.

2nd of all, ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE is definitely one of the best albums ever. Yeah, I said it, what'ya wanna fight about it?

I really don't understand the Beck disses on this forum. It's strange. I feel like this forum in particular has an anti-Beck stance, which seems odd.
Old 08.28.2008, 07:12 AM   #38
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Where It's At, of course.
Old 08.28.2008, 07:36 AM   #39
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
cars, first off Miss Vickie's chips rule all the way around.

2nd of all, ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE is definitely one of the best albums ever. Yeah, I said it, what'ya wanna fight about it?

I really don't understand the Beck disses on this forum. It's strange. I feel like this forum in particular has an anti-Beck stance, which seems odd.

I don't, I think a lot of people like Beck. There are just a few people here who make their dislike VERY CLEAR.

Somebody a while back posted a video of Beck, Thurston and someone else (I can't remember who) doing some thing together, it was pretty neat-o.
Old 08.28.2008, 07:48 AM   #40
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I brought this up because I seem to hear his name often and I just got to thinking, why do I hear about him anymore? He hasn't seemed to have done anything else, and I all I really knew was the loser song and odelay.

because the Church of $cientology is good at currying favor w/ the mass media.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth