View Poll Results: Do you miss Melly?
Yes 39 82.98%
No 3 6.38%
Indifferent 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10.13.2008, 09:40 AM   #101
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Considering that SY is a band that has so much revolving around it that is worthy of some kind of intelligent discussion, there is a hell of a lot of really pointless stuff posted here.

I read this entire post as blah blah blah wah wah blah blah blah. it was spoken in my mind in the voice of the adults on Peanuts cartoons. I quoted my favorite sequence of blah blah blahs. I laugh at yr intelligent discussion. you do know that you are holding court with a cage full of monkeys, right? lurk more, please.

I thought the fact that myPod played 6 sonic youth songs on the way to work (random out of 5735 possible) was a sign from gawd that I should make post. I love Sonic Youth. I love Rather Ripped. I love every single stinkin' thing they've put out. except for those noise records...that shit makes me think of 17 year old basement dwellers who only listen to impress their friends (or if lacking friends, their talking sock puppets) with their o, so very esoteric tastes. cuntestry. this place is ripe with it.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 09:52 AM   #102
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
It is often claimed that a cage full of monkeys, given typewriters and sufficient time, would be able to write the works of Shakespeare. There are people here who, given the same tools, sometimes struggle to produce anything the equal of Mabel O'Donnell and Rona Munro.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 10:16 AM   #103
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
It is often claimed that a cage full of monkeys, given typewriters and sufficient time, would be able to write the works of Shakespeare.

that would be nice if it were true, but it's not. besides, yr missing the key part of that theorem that states the "sufficient time" as being "infinite".

monkey don't have that kind of time and they sure aren't going to spend what time they do have typing out Shakespear.

monkeys toss shit and suck their own tits and cocks. I've seen it with my own eyes.
Old 10.13.2008, 10:19 AM   #104
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
now now, floatingslowly, it's obvious you need a battery recharger.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 10:23 AM   #105
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

my atomic cell isn't scheduled for replacement for another thousand years. I'd burn coal instead (because I love the smoke), but that would take a lot of shoveling from the hopper; and like monkeys, I don't have the time.
Old 10.13.2008, 12:14 PM   #106
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I love every single stinkin' thing they've put out. except for those noise records...that shit makes me think of 17 year old basement dwellers who only listen to impress their friends (or if lacking friends, their talking sock puppets) with their o, so very esoteric tastes. cuntestry.

so what does that make the people who make those records?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 12:48 PM   #107
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

that's a very good question for which I do not have a good answer for.

I chalk it up to artistic freedom. however if that was the only kind of music that they produced, I don't think that I would have been a such a long time fan. I appreciate their ability to diversify even if I don't find myself listening to it.

I own most of the SYR series as well as the Silver Sessions, but they're only sitting on my shelf because I'm a firm believer in supporting this band. for me, these discs are good for a listen-through, but I can't really play them in the car or at work without skipping to the next random track.

I still love Sonic Youth. yesterday, today and tomorrow (<-- hope that last bit didn't jinx it).

what I say hardly matters though, I'm devoid of good taste.
Old 10.13.2008, 04:16 PM   #108
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
for the record i do still love everything sonic youth put out from 1981 to about 2002, and i love a lot of the solo records too, particulary Lee Ranaldo's stuff. i just don't find myself listening to SY as much as i used to, but then i did listen to them pretty solidly for a good 10 or 12 years, and there's no other band i can really say that about.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 04:32 PM   #109
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
This place is so dead now days

Good while it lasted, I suppose

"toodlez"
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 07:22 PM   #110
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
that's a very good question for which I do not have a good answer for.

I chalk it up to artistic freedom. however if that was the only kind of music that they produced, I don't think that I would have been a such a long time fan. I appreciate their ability to diversify even if I don't find myself listening to it.

I own most of the SYR series as well as the Silver Sessions, but they're only sitting on my shelf because I'm a firm believer in supporting this band. for me, these discs are good for a listen-through, but I can't really play them in the car or at work without skipping to the next random track.

I still love Sonic Youth. yesterday, today and tomorrow (<-- hope that last bit didn't jinx it).

what I say hardly matters though, I'm devoid of good taste.

If nothing else, I'd much rather discuss this than who's leaving and whether they deserve attention for it or even desire it.

Given the diversity of directions SY go in, it's not really surprising that we who dangle from their message board have different favorites and least favorites. I rank SYR 3 as easily one of their top 5 musical achievements, and am very partial to SYR 1, SYR 4 and Silver Session as well. But I'm not that into 1,000 Leaves which many people on here think is one of their very best records. Whatever.

I still think of this board as the Sonic Youth board more than anything else, and don't think it's the ultimate place to find meaningful discussion about the universe or free therapy. It's good for socializing to the extent that it's with other SY fans, who I still think of as more interesting people than the overall general populace. We share what we're doing, preferrably artistically in my book, with other SY fans, and that's fun. If somebody decides to devote more time to life off-line - more power to them. What a silly thing to worry about.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 09:51 PM   #111
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Mercury has been in retrograde since September 24th. it reaches direct station on October 15th.

my friend broke his iPhone and I broke my rock band drum pedal.
Old 10.13.2008, 10:00 PM   #112
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
This place is so dead now days

Yep.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2008, 11:28 PM   #113
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
this is how melly will come back

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth