Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A message to all anti-american British gits.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.12.2006, 01:21 PM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Didn't Reeves and Mortimer start the BNP?

Bloody typical.

You just wouldn't let it lie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 01:27 PM   #22
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Bloody typical.

You just wouldn't let it lie...

Well, I was going to, but-

Quote:
You just wouldn't let it lie!

but-

Quote:
You wouldn't let it lie!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 01:57 PM   #23
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm very, very proud that we have a media which is able and willing to be utterly damning of the government.

That's correct. The media do criticize the government in Britain, and in fact so does Scor Zay Zee with his lyrical content. It's not about criticizing the british public.
The point is that there's no reason in pointing the finger at other countries for their flaws, when it's happening in our own back yard, Europe.
You can find an article about the commotion circling the Nottingham based mc's song and what it did to the bbc for airing it here.

Scor Zay Zee info
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Out+Da+Ville
Old 07.12.2006, 02:07 PM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
The point is that there's no reason in pointing the finger at other countries for their flaws, when it's happening in our own back yard, Europe.

Sure, ok. That's fine. I understand your point. There is a widespread contempt for Americans that amounts to a hollow trend in a lot of cases. I maintain that a resistance to what I (probably blithely and irrationally) see as American cultural imposition. And of course Europe, particularly Britain, is no better. I want to know why, with very few exceptions, I rarely hear music in anything other than my own language, and rarely in anything other than Anglo-American idioms. I don't think rock and its bastard offspring(s) is exclusively Anglo-American, and I love how you get mutations of said - I'm thinking Senegalese/ French hip-hop or even the more Germanic interpretations (Krautrock or the industrial movement). What concerns me, and fires my ire, is that it is a lot easier to hear a mediocre, watered down version of bad British or American music than it is to hear a good>great band from Elsewhere. My argument is probably something akin to a Hegelian other, an Adornian anxiety, a post-Marxist vulgar capitalism but whatever, I do fear the acceptance that Europe and elsewhere has for American models which are suited best to Americans. That Europe, Africa and Asia has a voice is necessary, and that we hear more of this voice is utterly paramount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 02:13 PM   #25
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Pop/rock music,it has to be said,doesn't really have the same importance in Europe/Africa/Asia that it has in the USA/UK.That's a fact.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 02:31 PM   #26
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
erm,
twat.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 02:35 PM   #27
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
???

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth