Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page new south park episode dissing family guy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.04.2006, 11:45 PM   #21
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
south park is really hit or miss. some episodes are brilliant and hilarious. others are absolutely unwatchable
Old 04.05.2006, 02:12 AM   #22
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
yeah, i love futurerama! anyone catch the episode with beck as a guest star?
did i catch the episode with? Ha! Futurama is easily my favorite show on adult swim (sure, it was a fox show, but hey). It never gets old and has a real heart (like the bee episode last night where fry died, sorta).

Family guy was awesome back in the day. I was one of the few that watched it back before it was being cancelled every week and then got put on dvd and adult swim. It was once fresh, sure it had a simpsons dynamic in ways, but that's practically just the sitcom dynamic. Family guy was a slew of fast jokes and out there refrences that actually push lines, tastefully (as compared to drawn together which just throws up everyhting past the line with no brains making it just fuckin dumb).
Then it was renewed, and it was stale. Jokes linger too long and become forulaic (sp?). It just got MOR and has more on the line now so they're going to pander to masses and not take chances like they used to.

I just hope that the new episodes of futurama won't suck. I'm sure they'll at least be ok.

And finally... simpsons will always be great, even if recent episodes aare slipping a bit. It's the simpsons. And south park... I think south park actually got better as it went on... they're 10 yrs in and, if not better, then they;re at least riding on a plateau of they're peak. I'm not able to catch as often as I used to, but when I do I still find it funny.

And thus concludes what's probably most longest post yet and for awhile. I talk about this a lot i guess.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 02:22 AM   #23
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
john k's new yogi/booboo thing...

Huh....as in John 'Ren and Stimpy' Kricfalusi? He's done some kind of Yogi/Booboo thing? Man, I need to see that.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 02:24 AM   #24
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Huh....as in John 'Ren and Stimpy' Kricfalusi? He's done some kind of Yogi/Booboo thing? Man, I need to see that.

Yeah me too. What? Really?
Old 04.05.2006, 09:33 AM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have hated Family Guy with all my heart, witha leel of virulent hate ussually reserved for the likes of The Black Eyed Peas or fascists, since I watched the firzt episode, the pilot. I have tried to watch that piece of recycled trash at least twice a season and I never get more than ten minutes in. the show sucks. the jokes are EASY. the show raises no questions, it still makes jokes about bullshit from the 80's, retro jokes, tired, re-hash, bullshit jokes. I fucking hate that show. I have a theory that the same people that kept america's funniest home videos on the air have kept family guy on too. ugly stupid terrible worthless show.
Old 04.05.2006, 10:40 AM   #26
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
yeah. it's pretty funny. it's a little weird to hear ren in booboo's voice though. sorta creepy.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 11:43 AM   #27
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
well creepiness was never far away in ren and stimpy.

family guy and futurama are for people with a rubbish sense of humour. especially family guy, i dislike that program to the point of thinking less of people who enjoy it. same goes for sienfield.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 12:48 PM   #28
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I think this is good. I think Family Guy is horribly overrated. There are oh so many better television shows.

you motherfucker! i love family guy,it's one the most funniest shows on television nowadays.
Old 04.05.2006, 01:47 PM   #29
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have hated Family Guy with all my heart, witha leel of virulent hate ussually reserved for the likes of The Black Eyed Peas or fascists.....

Ha ha ha ha.
Old 04.05.2006, 01:55 PM   #30
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
We may find out that the episode doesn't really making fun of The Family Guy.....but probably not.

I mean, they didn't really make fun of The Simpsons, did they?
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 02:00 PM   #31
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
no it was actually more a tribute to the simpsons
Old 04.05.2006, 02:30 PM   #32
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
ahahaha, all the little hot topic family guy nerds are gonna get so pissed off by this South Park. Which is an awesome show by the way. You don't need to diss it and all of a sudden change your opinion about it because it makes fun of the " Almighty Family Guy "
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 02:33 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
futurama is my favorite. I wish I had cable television.

smartest cartoon ever.
Old 04.05.2006, 03:17 PM   #34
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
well creepiness was never far away in ren and stimpy.

family guy and futurama are for people with a rubbish sense of humour. especially family guy, i dislike that program to the point of thinking less of people who enjoy it. same goes for sienfield.

I can see why you would hate Family Guy or even Futurama..

but SEINFELD????

That is the best show ever. Period.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 03:32 PM   #35
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietzer123
south park is really hit or miss. some episodes are brilliant and hilarious. others are absolutely unwatchable
agreed.

i'll be watching tonight's episode
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 03:35 PM   #36
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
you motherfucker! i love family guy,it's one the most funniest shows on television nowadays.

No. You are wrong, sir.
Old 04.05.2006, 03:55 PM   #37
afreespirit
little trouble girl

afreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Flanger
Yeah, remember South Park made fun of the Simpsons too.

I hope they're brutal.
But in a reverential way.
afreespirit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 06:04 PM   #38
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
I can see why you would hate Family Guy or even Futurama..

but SEINFELD????

That is the best show ever. Period.

i hold you in complete disdain and contempt
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 06:09 PM   #39
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Keep it that way. 1 & 2 are the only good ones. Although, I don't have 3.

But let me give you some adviceanyway, buy FUTURAMA!

Season 3 has some good ones..... a much better buy than the last dvd imho
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 09:01 PM   #40
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
the episode is comming on RIGHT NOW
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth