Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A Sad, Disheartening Anecdote
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2011, 09:13 PM   #1
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I thought I'd share this, as it has sunk me into a depression this evening, and bolstered my already endless list of reasons to despise humanity.

I notice as I'm driving down my street that there is a dog loose. It's cavorting up and down the block, wandering into the road, etc. Now, if I haven't already made this known, I am an avid animal lover, especially dogs, and value their existence far more than that of humans, including my immediate family. This is not an exaggeration.

So naturally, I cannot ignore this. I get a leash and walk off in pursuit of this dog. He has wandered vaguely near a man outside mowing his lawn, so I ask the man if this is his dog. Meanwhile, the dog has walked over to me, licked my hand, and rolled over to have his belly scratched, so clearly this is no stray.

The man confirms that it's his dog, but that he doesn't want him anymore. I learn that he has asked random people (including me) if they want the dog, and when he couldn't find a taker, he simply let the dog loose to roam the streets. Apparently he couldn't be bothered taking the dog to the shelter. He simply LET HIM GO. Mind you, this dog is a German Shepherd puppy, only 5 months old, and would certainly end up hit by a car.

Needless to say, I pelted this degenerate with profanity. He waved some garden shears at me. I informed him that I would call the cops and have them take the dog to the shelter, and ensure that he get a ticket or some kind of violation notice, and he countered that he would simply say I took his dog. So I did take his dog. I stole it from his front lawn, but I'm sure he didn't mind, as he had let the dog loose anyhow.

I took the dog to the shelter myself. This was not a jaded, damaged animal but a friendly puppy that had gotten comfortable with a family and was suddenly discarded. As I was driving him there, he was trying to climb in my lap and lick my face.

My heart broke today. For the puppy (named Cavi), and for the human race.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Move to the UK. We're not especially better but... well, I'm here, and that's important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2011, 09:18 PM   #3
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Perhaps I will. I just recklessly quit my job, so now I'm directionless and willing to whore myself out internationally. Plus, you're there, and that's important.

Also, I believe labrador retrievers are the number one dog in the UK, and I like those. I'm convinced.
Old 06.14.2011, 09:23 PM   #4
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I let my friends move in last year who are very kind hearted toward animals howver their hearts are bigger than their bank account. They brought around 18 cats with them. They had plans of finding homes for them all which never happened. They have recently moved out and I have been taken over by a cat colony. Despite the irritation I love cats and cannot help but feel sympathy for them, but this is getting out of control.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2011, 09:26 PM   #5
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Perhaps I will. I just recklessly quit my job, so now I'm directionless and willing to whore myself out internationally. Plus, you're there, and that's important.

Also, I believe labrador retrievers are the number one dog in the UK, and I like those. I'm convinced.
I waz recklessly fired from mine. International whore could be a promising new career.

Old 06.14.2011, 09:34 PM   #6
truncated
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I let my friends move in last year who are very kind hearted toward animals howver their hearts are bigger than their bank account. They brought around 18 cats with them. They had plans of finding homes for them all which never happened. They have recently moved out and I have been taken over by a cat colony. Despite the irritation I love cats and cannot help but feel sympathy for them, but this is getting out of control.
I understand how that can happen - I would likely take in every stray I saw if rationality didn't prevail. Ultimately hoarders do far more damage despite their intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I waz recklessly fired from mine. International whore could be a promising new career.
Well that was rather rude. I do believe that the international whore industry is recruiting.

Seriously, and on a tangent, I was offered a position that gave me a myriad of location choices, including Italy, France, Spain, Ireland, and the UK. However, it is in the insurance industry. I can't decide if the chance to uproot outweighs the certain slow death I will experience by working in insurance.

Dogs rule.
Old 06.14.2011, 09:46 PM   #7
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Yes they have become hoarders and now I am stuck with all these cats until they take them somewhere. I already have enough pets and ppl to take care of.

I would seriously take an international job in a heartbeat. Insurance does not sound very fun though I really don't know wtf I am going to do. I enjoy being home with my kids, but I live in the woods and am starting to go stir crazy.

Old 06.14.2011, 10:52 PM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
human beings are a cancerous stain. very few have any redeeming value whatsoever.

saddened. not surprised.

it's almost time to set the whole shithouse to burn.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 04:08 AM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
fuck....I wish my dog would come back :-(.....He ran away 9 days ago
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 05:03 AM   #10
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
My brother's dog died a few weeks ago. It was the first I've ever heard him crying.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 05:14 AM   #11
truncated
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
My brother's dog died a few weeks ago. It was the first I've ever heard him crying.
I've had parents die, and the only time I cried was when I put my dog to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
fuck....I wish my dog would come back :-(.....He ran away 9 days ago
I'm sorry, that's a terrible feeling. Good luck.
Old 06.15.2011, 05:43 AM   #12
truncated
invito al cielo

This IS depressing. And that's unusual, because I was under the impression that generally, fixing a dog is supposed to improve its health. I could be mistaken. Is it an elderly dog? I suppose if my gender identity were robbed from me, I would be a bit taciturn too.

I should note, that I like big hairy goofy dogs. I have not an ounce of affection for small, yappy, nippy little rodents of dogs. They can be exterminated.
Old 06.15.2011, 11:04 AM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and bolstered my already endless list of reasons to despise humanity.

I notice as I'm driving down my street that there is a dog loose. It's cavorting up and down the block, wandering into the road, etc. Now, if I haven't already made this known, I am an avid animal lover, especially dogs, and value their existence far more than that of humans, including my immediate family. This is not an exaggeration.

So naturally, I cannot ignore this. I get a leash and walk off in pursuit of this dog. He has wandered vaguely near a man outside mowing his lawn, so I ask the man if this is his dog. Meanwhile, the dog has walked over to me, licked my hand, and rolled over to have his belly scratched, so clearly this is no stray.

Needless to say, I pelted this degenerate with profanity. He waved some garden shears at me. I informed him that I would call the cops and have them take the dog to the shelter, and ensure that he get a ticket or some kind of violation notice..

I took the dog to the shelter myself. .

My heart broke today. For the puppy (named Cavi), and for the human race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nega Mezlakia
Those early days were filled with surprises about life in a democracy, which, as a transient, I hadn't paid much attention to in Europe. The most memorable of these was an article I read in a newspaper a few days after my arrival. A man who had tortured his cat was sentenced to a three-month jail term, it shouted. This was obviously a BAD JOKE that had found its way onto the front page through some editorial error, and I clipped the column to laugh over with some Canadian acquaintances..
It was not a joke at all.
I realize the real joke was how anyone could sanction a government system that terrorized its citizens, accepted torture as form of fact-finding and hailed murder as an effective method of exorcising government opponents. Perhaps the biggest joke of all (though some may call it irony) was the fact that just such a government had been underpinned by a people who placed such emphasis on the rights of cats. After all, the military junta I'd left behind in Ethiopia had received a substantial amount of financial assistance from Canada and Pierre Trudeau's administration.."

From Nega Mezlakia's autobiography Notes from the Hyena's Belly

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 01:39 PM   #14
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

small, yappy, nippy little rodents of dogs.
My brother's dog looked like a cross between all the above and a dead chicken before being stuffed. He did to my eyes.
Old 06.15.2011, 01:42 PM   #15
truncated
invito al cielo

Then I likely would've assassinated it myself.
Old 06.15.2011, 02:12 PM   #16
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Then I likely would've assassinated it myself.
Had I known the outcome of his death, my hands would have happily built the bridge between life and canine heaven for him.
Old 06.15.2011, 02:40 PM   #17
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
"Edgy"
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 02:52 PM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
hey dr. glice, would you, in your esteemed opinion, call savage clone a counter-troll or a white knight?

I want to say counter-troll because it has a greater potential for laughter, but the glare coming off of his warhorse is blinding me.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 02:54 PM   #19
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
WHITE?
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2011, 02:59 PM   #20
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Every good thread must suffer from ''difficult second page syndrome''. There is no cure. Yet.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth